Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]

Go down 
+36
Coma
Smindas
Olafsto
AchrisK
assault_attack
Fat Freddy
novellahub
rattpoison
T-Roy
journeyman
jstate
Vordul
EvyMetal
TheGooch
TrogDawn
the sentinel
ghost
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
DallasBlack
Shiney
krokus
Thrasher73
Required Fields
GrandNational
Invader
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
kmorg
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
sovdat
ensiferum2k
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 3:44 pm

ensiferum2k wrote:
Won these off ebay over the weekend

Ninja Gaiden I
Ninja Gaiden II
Rygar
Batman
Bionic Commando
NES Top loading sytem
I'm thinking about hunting down a top-loading NES. Do you still have to blow in them and in the cartridge? That's almost ritual. Haha. I still play my old school NES all the time. In fact, I just won The Immortal off eBay the other day. I always wanted that game as a kid, but we were poor. Now it's $0.99. Take that Nintendo!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 4:59 pm

Probably the last bunch of CD's I'll get this year:

Axel Rudi Pell - Diamonds Unlocked
Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free II
Queensrÿche - Take Cover
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Dream Theater - Octavarium

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 5:53 pm

Vicious Rumors - Warball
Twisted Sister - A Twisted Christmas Live dvd
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 6:08 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Just out of curiosty, how much money do you guys spend on average on one trip to the record store/amazon.com or wherever you purchase cds? You guys buy a shitload of cds, i can only buy 2 before my parents get mad at me lol.

It depends on my mood. The other day I spent $120 on used cds. I usually dont spend more than that on one trip once every couple of months.

just wondering does anyone listen to the band MAGNUM? I like their singer especially on the new AVANTASIA stuff and im thinking of getting all of their albums eventually. They were all re issued recently with bonus tracks. Ive only heard little clips of songs are they any good?

I am a big MAGNUM fan and love BOB CATLEY solo albums too. I like the old progresive heavy rock MAGNUM, their epic/pomp days with ON A STORYTELLER´S NIGHTS or their more hard rock/hard aor days with VIGILANTE. MAGNUM are totaly underrated and still kick ass today.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 6:33 pm

[quote="Eyesore"]
ensiferum2k wrote:

I'm thinking about hunting down a top-loading NES. Do you still have to blow in them and in the cartridge? That's almost ritual. Haha. I still play my old school NES all the time. In fact, I just won The Immortal off eBay the other day. I always wanted that game as a kid, but we were poor. Now it's $0.99. Take that Nintendo!

No, the blowing is not necessary if you get a top loading nes. Neither is having to replace the cartridge reader ever few years. I paid a bit for my top loader because it looked mint from the pictures, but you could probably score one for 30-40 bucks bucks after christmas.

There are also cheap 3rd party cartridge emulators out there that top load, but i've read a ton of negative things about them. Video, Sound, failure problems, etc. However, the snes 3rd party consoles supposedly work flawlessly.

So old school gaming is going to be my new hobby. I don't plan to go crazy and pick up all the rarities I can afford like do with cds. I just plan to slowly build up my collection and get new games once my old ones are finished. Eventually I'll get a genesis and snes as well.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 6:44 pm

ROBIN TROWER - BRIDGE OF SIGHS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:09 pm

[quote="ensiferum2k"]
Eyesore wrote:
ensiferum2k wrote:

No, the blowing is not necessary if you get a top loading nes. Neither is having to replace the cartridge reader ever few years. I paid a bit for my top loader because it looked mint from the pictures, but you could probably score one for 30-40 bucks bucks after christmas.

There are also cheap 3rd party cartridge emulators out there that top load, but i've read a ton of negative things about them. Video, Sound, failure problems, etc. However, the snes 3rd party consoles supposedly work flawlessly.

So old school gaming is going to be my new hobby. I don't plan to go crazy and pick up all the rarities I can afford like do with cds. I just plan to slowly build up my collection and get new games once my old ones are finished. Eventually I'll get a genesis and snes as well.

The top loading NES is actually fairly valuable, they seem to go for about $50-$100. The regular style NES maybe about $30. Blowing in the cartridges oxidizes the connectors. It is better to just clean the them with rubbing alchohol and a q-tip. You can probably get a good working one for $10 if you look around. Don't be afraid to buy one at a flea market as the only thing that usually wrong with them is that it needs a new 72 pin connector. You can get a new connector for $15 at the very most. You just take the Nintendo apart, take the old one out, and put the new one in. The majority of nintendos have it where it just screws in, though some need to be soldered.

Classic gaming is fun Very Happy I have several systems and tons of games to keep me entertained for years.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:42 pm

metal mail today:

Anekdoten - Gravity
Threshold - Critical Mass 2 cd
Threshold - Hypothetical
Threshold - Clone
Povertys No Crime - The Chemical Chaos + 1

Alex

Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 11:21 am

Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:55 pm

Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments (RC '91)
Afflicted - Prodigal Sun (Nuclear Blast Usa '92)

And

Mystic Chamr - Shadows of the Unknown (obscure death / doom release, but not for myself).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:08 pm

Savatage - Sleep (CD Single)

my Savatage quest continues.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:10 pm

Locky wrote:

Where on earth do you find them all? I've tried ebay, but the few I find goes for way more then I wanna pay!

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:13 pm

Mail call:

Bloodsimple - Red Harvest *
Nine24 - 6-Pack *
The Blue Van - The Art Of Rolling *
Serj Tankian - Empty Walls (UK CD Single w/Non-LP Track)
The Coral - Jacqueline (CD w/Non-LP Tracks)
The Coral - Jacqueline (7" Single #1 w/Non-LP Track)
The Coral - Jacqueline (7" Single #2 w/Non-LP Track)
Wednesday 13 - Fang Bang (w/Bonus Track) **

* $1.75 from lala.com.
** Under $2.50 from SwapaCD.com.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 3:56 pm

I CAN LICK ANY SONOFABITCH IN THE HOUSE- "Put Here To Bleed"
ICE COLD JULY- "There Will Come A Day"
TOWNES VAN ZANDT- "Texas Rain (The Texas Hill Country Recordings)"

Last edited by on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:05 pm

kmorg wrote:
Locky wrote:

Where on earth do you find them all? I've tried ebay, but the few I find goes for way more then I wanna pay!

Lord knows how many of these CDs there are, I've a load now.

yea Ebay can be hit and miss, but I scout the globe for my stuff, I got this for around €16 with postage included, maybe abit much some would say, but I think I've only seen it once before, so i don't give a crap, if I want it bad enough I'll go for it.

Same goes for Ebay with members here, sometimes someone will post a link to something, and if I want it I WILL bid I don't care who I upset, just because someone puts in a bid 4 days before the auction ends doesn't give them the rights to it,

ooh yea I sold off the rest of the collection at the weekend and got almost €8000 cash for it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 4:57 pm

Locky wrote:
ooh yea I sold off the rest of the collection at the weekend and got almost €8000 cash for it.

Congrats to ya bro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 5:13 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Locky wrote:
Congrats to ya bro.
I'll be sending him $300-something next week for the stuff he's been holding for me. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 5:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I'll be sending him $300-something next week for the stuff he's been holding for me. 🤘

He didn't tell you? Oops....he sold it all to me. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 5:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You wish ! none of you have seen any of these items that eyesore is getting. Very Happy

Thanks thrasher73.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Locky wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You wish ! none of you have seen any of these items that eyesore is getting. Very Happy

Thanks thrasher73.
And remember, you promised to never post those photos online.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 11:48 pm

Just acquired via trade:

Badlands - S/T

Another cassette can finally bite the dust (fling, CRASH!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 12:09 am

Muse - Absolution
Helmet - Meantime
Judas Priest - British Steel (The Remasters)
In Flames - The Tokyo Showdown
Ozzy Osbourne - Under Cover (Dual-Disc)
Shadow Gallery - Carved In Stone
Shadow Gallery - Legacy
Pennywise - Land Of The Free?
Exodus - Fabulous Disaster
Gwar - Ragnarok

Last edited by on Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 12:09 am

Locky wrote:

Wasn't this a bonus track on some copies of Hall of the Mountain King?

EDIT: I think the song is called Stay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 2:18 am

Just got this in the mail:

Front 242 ~ 06:21:03:11 Up Evil
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 1:26 pm

kmorg wrote:
Probably the last bunch of CD's I'll get this year:

Axel Rudi Pell - Diamonds Unlocked
Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free II
Queensrÿche - Take Cover
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Dream Theater - Octavarium

Guess I was wrong!!

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Walmart Exclusive 6 Song CD

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]
Page 19 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 33  Next