Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]

Go down 
+36
Coma
Smindas
Olafsto
AchrisK
assault_attack
Fat Freddy
novellahub
rattpoison
T-Roy
journeyman
jstate
Vordul
EvyMetal
TheGooch
TrogDawn
the sentinel
ghost
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
DallasBlack
Shiney
krokus
Thrasher73
Required Fields
GrandNational
Invader
nevermore
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
kmorg
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
sovdat
ensiferum2k
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 11:43 pm

firestar wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
MD.45 ~ The Craving
Trans-Siberian Orchestra ~ The Lost Christmas Eve
Trans-Siberian Orchestra ~ The Christmas Attic

Hey you got the one I suggested! Glad you dig them.

What do you think of the MD45? Did you get the original with Lee Ving singing or the remaster with Mustaine singing?

Yeah, I'm loving Trans-Siberian Orchestra! Thanks for the recommend!!!

As far as the MD.45 goes - I got the original with Lee Ving singing. I always liked Fear, but he doesn't seem to sound as good on here. Haven't decided if I like this yet or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 11:45 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Just out of curiosty, how much money do you guys spend on average on one trip to the record store/amazon.com or wherever you purchase cds? You guys buy a shitload of cds, i can only buy 2 before my parents get mad at me lol.

I have a budget of $120.00 a month, which isn't too bad really considering my obsession with music (especially metal). however, I usually do cheat a bit and end up actually spending about $150.00 or so. But my budget does keep me in check.

I think I'm pretty 'moderate'. There are many who don't spend as much as me, but others who spend more. I'm kinda in the middle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:43 am

blackieboy wrote:
firestar wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
MD.45 ~ The Craving
Trans-Siberian Orchestra ~ The Lost Christmas Eve
Trans-Siberian Orchestra ~ The Christmas Attic

Hey you got the one I suggested! Glad you dig them.

What do you think of the MD45? Did you get the original with Lee Ving singing or the remaster with Mustaine singing?

Yeah, I'm loving Trans-Siberian Orchestra! Thanks for the recommend!!!

As far as the MD.45 goes - I got the original with Lee Ving singing. I always liked Fear, but he doesn't seem to sound as good on here. Haven't decided if I like this yet or not.

The MD45 takes a bit of getting used to but there are some good songs on there. I like Fear as well but he really is an aquired taste. I like it a lot more than the one with Mustaine singing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:08 pm

Greenland Whalefishers - Down & Out
Mark Sweeney - Slow Food (Crystal Ball singer)

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:57 pm

ROSE TATTOO- "Angry Metal"
SKELETONWITCH- "Beyond The Permafrost"
KING KOBRA- "Ready To Strike"

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:01 pm

Shiney wrote:
KING KOBRA- "Ready To Strike"

Congrats on that one, Shiney. Now my copy is safe! Smile
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:46 pm

Just out of curiosty, how much money do you guys spend on average on one trip to the record store/amazon.com or wherever you purchase cds? You guys buy a shitload of cds, i can only buy 2 before my parents get mad at me lol.

It depends on my mood. The other day I spent $120 on used cds. I usually dont spend more than that on one trip once every couple of months.

just wondering does anyone listen to the band MAGNUM? I like their singer especially on the new AVANTASIA stuff and im thinking of getting all of their albums eventually. They were all re issued recently with bonus tracks. Ive only heard little clips of songs are they any good?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 7:59 pm

I normally sell stuff on ebay and then when i have enough i make some cd purchases. I try to make it a self-supporting habit.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:26 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
just wondering does anyone listen to the band MAGNUM? I like their singer especially on the new AVANTASIA stuff and im thinking of getting all of their albums eventually. They were all re issued recently with bonus tracks. Ive only heard little clips of songs are they any good?
Great AOR/hard rock band. At least from what I've heard. I only own the most recent two (or is it three?). I've heard samples from the old stuff, though, and they're great. I have three of Bob Catley's solo stuff and that's also excellent. Not very heavy, but really good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:32 pm

KenZiner - The Prophecies
Destiny's End - Transition
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:08 pm

V/A - Metal For The Masses Vol. 6
Dug Pinnick - Strum Sum Up
Sebastian Bach - Angel Down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:30 am

Today's stork brought:

Brothers Of Conquest - All The Colors Of Darkness *
Klover - Common Factor (7" Single w/Non-LP Tracks)
Lynch, George - Sacred Groove *
Nirvana - Split (EP w/The Jesus Lizard) *

* $1.75 from lala.com.

Thanks to whoever mentioned Sacred Groove the other day. I had sold it off in the Air Force and completely forgot about this one.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:33 am

Eyesore wrote:

Nirvana - Split (EP w/The Jesus Lizard)

Never heard that one before, year? song? I know they've done splits with the Melvins and the Fluid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:11 am

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Nirvana - Split (EP w/The Jesus Lizard)
Never heard that one before, year? song? I know they've done splits with the Melvins and the Fluid.
I used to own this. I can't imagine I would have sold it, as I like Nirvana. Someone must have stole it from me at some point. Anyway, it was put out in 1993. Nirvana has a song called "Oh, The Guilt" and TJL has "Puss." Not the greatest song Nirvana has done, but a decent little collectible.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:27 am

So thats were "Oh, The Guilt" came from, i've got a lot of nirvana rare and bootleg stuff so i'm familiar with it. Its a pretty rockin' song. Is TJL's Puss that album track off of Liar (92)? And talking about grunge artifacts have you checked out my hailing of Superfuzz Bigmuff in the r'n'r forum, its gettin' no love.Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:40 am

hey, we have something in common! my parents hate it when I come home with a huge stack of cd's. But I work pretty hard for my money, so who cares what they think. right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:59 am

rattpoison wrote:
So thats were "Oh, The Guilt" came from, i've got a lot of nirvana rare and bootleg stuff so i'm familiar with it. Its a pretty rockin' song. Is TJL's Puss that album track off of Liar (92)? And talking about grunge artifacts have you checked out my hailing of Superfuzz Bigmuff in the r'n'r forum, its gettin' no love.Crying or Very sad
I don't know where TJLs song comes from; I'm not a fan. And I saw your post earlier, but I'm also not a Mudhoney fan, so I didn't want to be the first to post. Laughing
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:42 am

Fair enough. I thought you might have been into Mudhoney cause of the Tad post, but then again their 2 different bands commonly associated together cause of geography and time.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 2:51 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

It depends on my mood. The other day I spent $120 on used cds. I usually dont spend more than that on one trip once every couple of months.

MAGNUM are GREAT!!!!
Underrated, these days anyway. They got a lot more press and credit back in the Eighties.
You should start with On a Storytellers Night and Vigilante. Both classics imo!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 am

rattpoison wrote:
Fair enough. I thought you might have been into Mudhoney cause of the Tad post, but then again their 2 different bands commonly associated together cause of geography and time.
I like a lot of bands from that era and area, but Mudhoney never did it for me.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 3:34 am

Won these off ebay over the weekend

Ninja Gaiden I
Ninja Gaiden II
Rygar
Batman
Bionic Commando
NES Top loading sytem

Last Crack - Sinister Funkhouse #17(org)
Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What?(org)
Megadeth - Countdown To Extinction(org)
Mekong Delta - The Principle Of Doubt(Aaarg)
Threshold - Within The Expanse

I think that's it

I lost out on fight - christmas ride :< anyone here want to sell it or trade it? pm me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:38 am

Belinda Cralisle -Heaven On Earth
Whitecross - High Gear
Overkill -Wrecking Everything Live
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 12:54 pm

DRIFTER-The Demos:1985 & 1986
WINTERS BANE-Redivivus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:41 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Belinda Cralisle -Heaven On Earth

A great album.

CD :

Overkill - Infectious (CD single)

Vinyl :

Merciless - Vomiting Nausea (CCG Series)
Ripping Corpse - Splattered Remains (CCG Series)

I wouldn't listen to these LPs in a fit, but I'm gonna complete the CCG collection.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:44 pm

Quote :
Vomiting Nausea

I now know what I will name my first born child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007] - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2007]
Page 18 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next