Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BATHORY FANS??????

Go down 
+10
Leatherface
Required Fields
outofstep
iamrockerfun
mc666
DallasBlack
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
krokus
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

BATHORY FANS?????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 11:17 pm

I bought Under the Sign of the Black Mark for Scott for his birthday earlier this year.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

BATHORY FANS?????? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATHORY FANS??????   BATHORY FANS?????? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 2:19 am

Required Fields wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
11 years is far too long for nobody to talk about Bathory around here. I've ben a  fan since I discovered them in the mid 80's. Kinda went away from them when they started on the whole Viking stuff, but I love it all now. My favorites are by far the first 3 albums, but Destroyer of Worlds, the Nordland albums, and Twilight are right up there with them. I have yet to get the solo stuff by Quorthon though, so can't comment on those.

Something I just read today while listening to Nordland II. Was reading the lyrics to some of the songs on dark lyrics website and was reading what all is on the Jubileum albums, and the notes on some of them were pretty cool. I had no idea he was writing lyrics with hidden codes in them. One song, each verse spells out "Satan" if you use the first letter on each line. Another song does the same thing spelling out, "Jesus the bastard son of Heaven".

Anyways, thought it was a trip he did that.

Anyone of you old farts around here that's been a fan of this band since the days before internet, ever have trouble with the name of the band? Back then, I was the only one in my circle to listen to them, so nobody ever corrected me when I used to call them Batlord. It was about a year or more when I noticed on the side of the vinyl that the correct spelling was Bathory lol

"Dies Irae" spells out "Christ, the bastard son of heaven" and not "Jesus, the bastard son of heaven"; "The Golden Walls of Heaven" is the song where the verses each spell out "Satan" with the first letter of each line. Both songs are off of Blood Fire Death.
Yup, you're right. Don't shoot me.
Back to top Go down

BATHORY FANS??????
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2