Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)

Go down 
+5
ghost
Tall Tyrion
exact33
caniplaywithmadness?
kmorg
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Empty
PostSubject: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:50 am

Ran across Engage's demo while shifting all my CDs (slimline case, no spine, and I overlook them all the time). Kayla over at metalreviews.com reviewed this a while back when I was still reviewing there. Sounded killer so I bought it. They're an underground metal band from Virginia, and they look really young, too. These guys play extremely fast, but they write killer tunes. The bass lines are sick, too, and it's the singer playing. Listen to the MySpace tunes and stuff, but check this LIVE VIDEO out first. You should be impressed.

I just checked (good thing) and they have a new 3-song demo out for $5. Their first was just a CDR, but done as well as that sort of release can be done. It was also $5. But it looks like that's not available anymore, so if anyone is interested PM me for the upload and I'll hook it up. Definitely a band worth checking out. They should appeal to a lot of you.

The new demo cover (looks like Drizzt):

Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) 29180

http://www.engagetheband.com
http://myspace.com/engagetheband
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 7:41 am

Killer coverart! The music must be good!

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 7:43 am

awesome cover art. i'll check out the band later
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:12 am

I like the songs. It would be interesting to see what a label could do for them..

Alex

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 11:32 am

Sounds great. Just ordered the demo. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 3:50 pm

A few asked for the demo, so here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34YVDSPP

Tracks plus inserts. The inserts I scanned and pieced together in Photoshop. They're 3 panels, so you'd need some longer paper or card stock if you want to printe them out.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Definitely a winner alright, bleedin' fast too. Cheers for the heads up Eyesore.

you guys could do alot worse than spending $5 on this CD (only grip is that it's in a slim line case, no back insert. I like my jewel case CDs) but I bought two and the postage to Ireland was only $2.

Eyesore I have that M$R CD here for you too, i'll get it off to you monday, how much were they looking for it on Import ?

Ohh and can you throw a copy of that demo onto the Data CD ? (dial up you know)
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:08 pm

Great stuff, that's what I like. Thank you very much for introducing this band Eyesore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:59 pm

Locky wrote:
Definitely a winner alright, bleedin' fast too. Cheers for the heads up Eyesore.

you guys could do alot worse than spending $5 on this CD (only grip is that it's in a slim line case, no back insert. I like my jewel case CDs) but I bought two and the postage to Ireland was only $2.
Yeah, that's how the first one is. But I am more forgiving of this when it's a young band with no money.

Quote :
Eyesore I have that M$R CD here for you too, i'll get it off to you monday, how much were they looking for it on Import ?

Ohh and can you throw a copy of that demo onto the Data CD ? (dial up you know)
Oh? Sweet, bro! It would have cost me about $25 with S&H. How much do I owe you.

And yeah, I'll toss the debut on a CD. I got all the inserts scanned and stuff, too. I'm almost done burning everything, too. You're going to have a ton of stuff to listen to, bro! Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, that's how the first one is. But I am more forgiving of this when it's a young band with no money.

Yea but I do like my back inserts, 'cause like you have said, you seem to ver look these slimline CDs.

Eyesore wrote:
It would have cost me about $25 with S&H. How much do I owe you.

you are alright, i'll somehow screw it out of you with them other CDs lol! , I'll send them CDs off monday, due to my knowing them it's only a couple of quid, you like that CD though ? what you think of the Stormzone or Riffmaster General CDs ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:50 pm

Locky wrote:
you are alright, i'll somehow screw it out of you with them other CDs lol! , I'll send them CDs off monday, due to my knowing them it's only a couple of quid, you like that CD though ? what you think of the Stormzone or Riffmaster General CDs ?

Thanks. Haha. Riffmaster General kicked ass! The vocals are a little goofy, but they grew on me. Stormzone was also very good. I wish it had more of a hard rock tone, though. The AOR sound is good, but if it were a bit heavier I think it would have sounded ten times better. Sirocco is also pretty killer, but damn...why is there no vocals? That thing would have ruled with a singer! I liked Celtic Legacy, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Thanks. Haha. Riffmaster General kicked ass! The vocals are a little goofy, but they grew on me.

Yea the vocals let it down, but they sure can play, the guitarist is excellent.

Eyesore wrote:
Stormzone was also very good. I wish it had more of a hard rock tone, though. The AOR sound is good, but if it were a bit heavier I think it would have sounded ten times better.

Never though of it that way, I just accepted it the way it was.

Eyesore wrote:
Sirocco is also pretty killer, but damn...why is there no vocals? That thing would have ruled with a singer!

yea they supported Exodus & Firebird over here on their tour, great band live, Well you'll be glad to know the new CD which was released a few weeks ago has now a Vocalist
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:24 pm

that M$R cd kicks ass.....

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:33 pm

Shiney wrote:
that M$R cd kicks ass.....

You still blasting it too ?

Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The new demo cover (looks like Drizzt)

You mean that character from the Forgotten Realms stuff, right? Yah, it does sorta look like him.

Will check the tunes out later.

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:24 pm

OMFG! Their singer sound like Kai from Helloween! Their riff too! WHat a f*cking great band!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:59 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
The new demo cover (looks like Drizzt)
You mean that character from the Forgotten Realms stuff, right? Yah, it does sorta look like him.
Yeah, Salvatore's character. It is Drizzt, too. The band bought the rights to use it from some artist. I posted about it on Salvatore's forum and everyone there were all negative about it. You know, the band sucked and no matter how underground they are it's still damaging to Salvatore and using his creation to make money. Typical fanboy nonsense. Pretty funny, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 9:10 pm

Did anyone else order a CD from this band besides me and Locky? He got his copy a week later. I just had to file a claim for a refund with Paypal because I haven't gotten the CD yet. I'm pissed! I've sent this band three e-mails and one MySpace message (which has been read) and they've not replied. I hate when this crap happens.

Chavis Records just did this same thing to me recently and I had to fight tooth and nail just to get my $20 refund. The owner was a complete ass! Like it's no big deal, you know? He got the money, so he's happy, why give a crap about me? Pffft!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:12 pm

thats not good. I just ordered it from them late last week. Hopefully they will send it...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:24 pm

exact33 wrote:
thats not good. I just ordered it from them late last week. Hopefully they will send it...

Alex
It's really annoying. I don't think they're intentionally not sending it, but it's clear that it's not a big deal that it hasn't shown up yet. Maybe they're on tour or something. I'm not impatient. Just reply or something.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:44 pm

kmorg wrote:

?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 11:02 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
kmorg wrote:

?
Kill.....eeeer..... cov.....eeeer.....aaaaart!..... The.....muuuuu.....sic..... muuuust.....beeee.....gooooood!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Did anyone else order a CD from this band besides me and Locky? He got his copy a week later. I just had to file a claim for a refund with Paypal because I haven't gotten the CD yet. I'm pissed! I've sent this band three e-mails and one MySpace message (which has been read) and they've not replied. I hate when this crap happens.

bit of a bummer alright, it really is good, it's a shame your's never arrived, but that's life, you should reorder it again. haha.

I got two copies that time I ordered itt, postage was the same, so i'll send you my extra copy with your package. Speaking of your package "how's your Mickey" !!!! bit of humour for ya.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:45 pm

Locky wrote:
I got two copies that time I ordered itt, postage was the same, so i'll send you my extra copy with your package. Speaking of your package "how's your Mickey" !!!! bit of humour for ya.
Oh? That would be sweet! But don't just send it. I wouldn't want you to send it and then have the band send it, you know? Then I'd have to send a copy back to you. But I'll buy your extra copy if mine doesn't show up.

And if exact33 gets his copy I'm taking a road trip and kicking the crap out of this band!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 12:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
. I wouldn't want you to send it and then have the band send it, you know? Then I'd have to send a copy back to you. But I'll buy your extra copy if mine doesn't show up.

And if exact33 gets his copy I'm taking a road trip and kicking the crap out of this band!

Ok but I have two copies and you may as well have one of them, we'll see closer to the weekend, maybe yours will arrive (well F*** me there's a pig flying by the window)

Did you even get an email from one of the band members saying that the CD was sent ? I did.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)   Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engage (Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next