Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent

Go down 
+8
Troublezone
metalhead777
bassman
Tur-Thalion
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Thrasher73
Eyesore
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Empty
PostSubject: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:21 am

New tune from the upcoming album!

Predictable for the style, but I love it. I think Jesse is a fantastic singer, far better than Howard, so I'm glad he's back in the band. I hope there are heavier tunes, though.

At least this isn't as bubblegum pop as the new All That Remains album. Christ! Have you heard that one? It's good, but man, some of those songs are so cheesy.

Anyway, here's a demo from the new Killswitch album that leaked a while back. Love this song, too!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:23 am

Jesse is great but Howard was no slouch either.I've always liked this band.They do the style well
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:02 pm

I think they're the best at this style, this should be really good.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:07 pm

Sounds pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:35 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Jesse is great but Howard was no slouch either.I've always liked this band.They do the style well
Jesse's vocals are richer than Howard's, even his scream. Howard's screams, to me, often sounded very enhanced by studio trickery, you know. Not bad by any means, but I think Jesse is a natural singer while Howard had to force a lot of it.

In fact, I believe he admitted to having to learn to sing that way right as he joined the band.

But yeah, I dig the albums with him.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Sounds great. I definitely love hearing Jesse again. But the music is more interesting than the last album too, and that is also nice.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Sounds good to me.......the guitars are particularly nice.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:40 am

Eyesore wrote:

At least this isn't as bubblegum pop as the new All That Remains album. Christ! Have you heard that one? It's good, but man, some of those songs are so cheesy.
All That Remains has pretty much been on a downward spiral since The Fall of Ideals got them a bit of mainstream attention.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

All That Remains has pretty much been on a downward spiral since The Fall of Ideals got them a bit of mainstream attention.
But who expected this?

Shocked

Now, that's actually a really good tune, but it's hard to swallow knowing what band is playing it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:36 pm

I never considered myself a fan of KSE. But several months ago, I got the Times Of Grace cd and enjoyed it. So I look forward to checking out this new album with Jesse on vocals.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I never considered myself a fan of KSE. But several months ago, I got the Times Of Grace cd and enjoyed it. So I look forward to checking out this new album with Jesse on vocals.
The Times of Grace disc is really good, yeah.

Seemless, his post-Killswitch band, is also excellent. More stoner metal, though.

Still bummed they're no more. =( His The Empire Shall Fall project is also really good, but they're one of those proggy/screamo bands. If you can dig it...

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 am

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Not a bad song but I hope they do some different stuff on the album. That's what I like about them, they throw in some surprises.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Not a bad song but I hope they do some different stuff on the album. That's what I like about them, they throw in some surprises.
They do? News to me. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:36 am

Well, i'm definitely not the end all on metal core but End of Heartache was interesting with the mellow parts and the last album changed up their sound quite a bit, which of course put some people off.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:56 am

Metalcore...
But then again, i bought the latest Bullet for my vallentine, and i like it quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Full album now streaming:

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/exclusive_stream_killswitch_engage_new_album_disarm_the_descent
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 pm

I saw the album today. But hesitated to pik it up.

Still not sure about what to expect though...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:56 pm

It's pretty good, not as enjoyable as Alive.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

true, but what is? I think the new album is pretty great. It definitely picks up the energy that they've lacked since End of Heartache. I also think it's their best songwriting since then. Way more interesting to listen to than As Daylight Dies or the s/t. Jesse's clean vocals aren't as good as they were on AOJB, though
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Its my first album of theirs, and I absolutely love it. They know how to write (and sing) a good song with tons of hooks.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

true, but what is? I think the new album is pretty great. It definitely picks up the energy that they've lacked since End of Heartache. I also think it's their best songwriting since then. Way more interesting to listen to than As Daylight Dies or the s/t. Jesse's clean vocals aren't as good as they were on AOJB, though
Ha! I thought his vocals are better on this one, much stronger and diverse. The years have given him more experience, I think, and he now has a more dynamic voice.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:50 pm

I picked this up the week before last on a whim, half expecting to be proven right that killswitch is pretty well done. I'm glad to say I was dead wrong and this is proving to be a killer album. I'm loving that they are throwing in more guitar solos. I'm so glad solos are back in vogue.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:54 pm

I wonder if Adam will be up to his old stage antics again. In any case, this album is strong. Jesse's return is a fine thing.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Just picked it up. quite good, but i still need some time to adapt to this new musical style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent   Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next