Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killswitch Engage's best album

Go down 
+4
MetalRob331
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
fingers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Killswitch Engage's best album Empty
PostSubject: Killswitch Engage's best album   Killswitch Engage's best album Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:08 pm

The only metalcore band I like along with Shadows Fall. I liked the fact they were doing somehting different when they first started out in the early 2000's
back in the day when nu metal ruled the charts. Ok the vocals are off putting at times.
If the vocalist sounded more like Max Cavelera (Sepultura,Soulfly) or Chuck Schuldiner (Death) two of the best cookie monster vocalsits IMO this band would then become one of my favourite bands. I really dig their Meshuggah esque riffs and their intense energy. I really dig songs like "Numb Sickened Eyes", Just Barely Breathing and Rise Inside. I reckon their best album would either be their first album or End of Heartache. Havent heard their recent 2 albums yet though
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage's best album   Killswitch Engage's best album Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:12 pm

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding the vocals.

That's what kills it for me with this band. I like their music, but their vocals really suck bad.

I am a fan of Shadows Fall though, and the two of them are similar.

But I just cannot seem to get into Killswitch Engage. I even saw them live - and that didn't win me over at all. Just made things worse. That singer is a real prick on stage. He comes across very condescending and elitist.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage's best album   Killswitch Engage's best album Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:17 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

That's what kills it for me with this band. I like their music, but their vocals really suck bad.

But I just cannot seem to get into Killswitch Engage. I even saw them live - and that didn't win me over at all. Just made things worse. That singer is a real prick on stage. He comes across very condescending and elitist.

Also don't like their die hard fans
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage's best album   Killswitch Engage's best album Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:19 pm

fingers wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Also don't like their die hard fans

EXACTLY!!!!

I was at that show to see Disturbed (who is the much better band IMHO). I was glad Killswitch Engage was not headlining. Disturbed blew them away too!!!

Killswitch Engage's best album 778825 Killswitch Engage's best album 778825 Killswitch Engage's best album 778825
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage's best album   Killswitch Engage's best album Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:34 pm

fingers wrote:
The only metalcore band I like along with Shadows Fall. I liked the fact they were doing somehting different when they first started out in the early 2000's
back in the day when nu metal ruled the charts. Ok the vocals are off putting at times.
If the vocalist sounded more like Max Cavelera (Sepultura,Soulfly) or Chuck Schuldiner (Death) two of the best cookie monster vocalsits IMO this band would then become one of my favourite bands. I really dig their Meshuggah esque riffs and their intense energy. I really dig songs like "Numb Sickened Eyes", Just Barely Breathing and Rise Inside. I reckon their best album would either be their first album or End of Heartache. Havent heard their recent 2 albums yet though
You say the most bizarre things sometimes.

Either way, their best album is Alive Or Just Breathing.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Killswitch Engage's best album   Killswitch Engage's best album Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:03 pm

I tried my best to like this band but the screaming in every song with the slow breakdown turns me off so much. If I was to pick an album that I consider their best I would say Alive Or Just Breathing based on the fact the band was more raw and Life to Lifeless is an amazing song.

I prefer Howard Jones over Jesse Leach singing though and I think this band has so much potential. Some of their songs kick serious butt and other just fail horribly.

I would start with The End Of Heartache, that album has some pummeling thrash inspired metal tunes. Songs like Breathe Life, Rose Of Sharyn, World Ablaze, and Hope Is are all pretty good tracks...

Also check out God Forbid if you haven't yet, a much better band then KSE...