Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
I have no issue with Axl using the Guns n Roses name, but he forced the other band members to capitulate to his demand they hand over the name or he would refuse to finish the tour which would cost the band tons of money in legal fees etc, Iommi never did any such thing.

I bet Slash wished they would have called his bluff...
amen

You know part of Slash & Duff deep down inside looks back on that moment and thinks "we should have told him to piss off"...then they could have got a new singer and kept going.

But could they have ever decided on a new singer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:10 pm

Axl was leaving the Chateau Marmont the other night and a paparazzi asked him about a possible Guns N Roses reunion with the original lineup.

Axl's reply:

“Not in this lifetime.”
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
I have no issue with Axl using the Guns n Roses name, but he forced the other band members to capitulate to his demand they hand over the name or he would refuse to finish the tour which would cost the band tons of money in legal fees etc, Iommi never did any such thing.

I bet Slash wished they would have called his bluff...
amen

You know part of Slash & Duff deep down inside looks back on that moment and thinks "we should have told him to piss off"...then they could have got a new singer and kept going.

But could they have ever decided on a new singer?

Im sure but I think it would have been a very different GNR didnt Axl write most of the lyrics? but I think they could have kept going maybe they werent confident. If anything now, Slash and Duff know they dont need Axl to be successful as they both have had successful careers, if anything IMO the only one still clinging to the old days is Adler. just my opinion.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:00 pm

S.D. wrote:
Axl was leaving the Chateau Marmont the other night and a paparazzi asked him about a possible Guns N Roses reunion with the original lineup.

Axl's reply:

“Not in this lifetime.”

To be honest id be very surprised if Axl and Slash can even stand on the same stage together, weve seen Axl perform with Izzy on multiple occassions, and Duff on one occassion. I dont know about Adler and we know that him and Slash arent speaking
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:21 am

Addy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Axl's reply:

“Not in this lifetime.”

To be honest id be very surprised if Axl and Slash can even stand on the same stage together, weve seen Axl perform with Izzy on multiple occassions, and Duff on one occassion. I dont know about Adler and we know that him and Slash arent speaking

it would be amusing to watch them scuffle on stage though...

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 am

I know they could get Izzy, Steven, Duff, and Slash to play the music. Have a guy in a mask singing and they could call the band Use Your Illusion 3

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 am

S.D. wrote:

Axl's reply:

“Not in this lifetime.”

I do not understand the man's need to make his fans think he was the only creative force in the band, the main songwriter in the original Guns N Roses was Izzy Stradlin, something even ego maniac Axl has acknowledged that Izzy was usually the man who brought in alot of musical ideas that then the band would work on.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:40 am

I think at this point, it's just about Axl having complete control over everything, from the direction of the music to everything business-related. He's just a control freak.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think at this point, it's just about Axl having complete control over everything, from the direction of the music to everything business-related. He's just a control freak.

He hasn't reached the point where he's not making enough $$$$ (from touring the rest of the world) to want give up control.

I noticed on his last leg of the US tour he was playing what was sold as "intimate" shows - basically playing the 2000 - 2500 capacity clubs... sing of dwindling popularity in the US?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:04 am

If he stopped touring now, he'd most likely have enough money for two lifetimes...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 am

Quote :
He hasn't reached the point where he's not making enough $$$$ (from touring the rest of the world) to want give up control.

Right. While he might not be playing stadiums in the US, he's doing well enough that he doesn't need to reunite or give up control. With the exception of maybe Steven Adler, the rest of the original line-up seems to be happy doing what they're doing.

Quote :
I noticed on his last leg of the US tour he was playing what was sold as "intimate" shows - basically playing the 2000 - 2500 capacity clubs... sing of dwindling popularity in the US?

Could be. But I also know for a fact that he burned some bridges here in Philly when he was a no-show a few years ago and caused a mini-riot. There's some upper-management types and promoters that won't deal with him anymore after that incident. The only way he'd get into our building again is buying a ticket to Neil Diamond (coming this June!!)

And if that happened here, I'm sure it's happened in other venues. Noone wants to take a chance to book the band, then have a no-show.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Right. While he might not be playing stadiums in the US, he's doing well enough that he doesn't need to reunite or give up control. With the exception of maybe Steven Adler, the rest of the original line-up seems to be happy doing what they're doing.

Quote :

Could be. But I also know for a fact that he burned some bridges here in Philly when he was a no-show a few years ago and caused a mini-riot. There's some upper-management types and promoters that won't deal with him anymore after that incident. The only way he'd get into our building again is buying a ticket to Neil Diamond (coming this June!!)

And if that happened here, I'm sure it's happened in other venues. Noone wants to take a chance to book the band, then have a no-show.

He's screwed so many people with his diva like antics through out the years, I would believe that promoters don't want to risk booking them. Plus, I am sure that many a promoter do not want to deal with the fines/charges for breaking sound curfews that Axl automatically brings with him because of his "I'll play when I feel like it" attitude
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

He's screwed so many people with his diva like antics through out the years....
ARE WE TALKIN' FIGURATIVELY??!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:14 pm

manny wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Axl's reply:

“Not in this lifetime.”

I do not understand the man's need to make his fans think he was the only creative force in the band, the main songwriter in the original Guns N Roses was Izzy Stradlin, something even ego maniac Axl has acknowledged that Izzy was usually the man who brought in alot of musical ideas that then the band would work on.

I would say Izzy and Slash Slash wrote alot of the music
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:16 pm

exact33 wrote:
Addy wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Axl's reply:

“Not in this lifetime.”

it would be amusing to watch them scuffle on stage though...

Definitly Heck if Roth and Eddie can do it on a awards show back in the 90s I am sure that Slash and Axl can too. Would be funny if they reconciled on stage lol that would be unexpected.

And to the comment that Axl has enough money for 2 lifetimes, I just gotta say..... Are you his accountant? He's probably paying off multiple lawsuits or something
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

he sounds like Sharon Osbourne

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:43 am

EVH is a complete nut but Axl is in another stratosphere. I really don't see Axl and Slash ever working together again. It would be nice if they would but I'm happy having GNR, VR and Slash's solo albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:52 am

If they don't ever work together again,I have no problem with it. Let Slash do his own thing and Axl can do the Guns thing with his hired band (Bumblehead,Bucketfoot, Brundlefly, whoever).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:22 am

It's been 5 years this week since the release of Chinese Democracy. My how time flies! Here's 20 bits of trivia of the album that almost never was...

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/features/chinese-democracy-five-years-on/

And yea, I still like it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:08 am

^^ Has it been five years already? Seems like just yesterday that we were still making jokes like "By the time this album comes out, China will BE a democracy!" Ahhhh, memories.

It's also been two years since I wrote a belated review of Chi-Dem on my HubPage, which then got posted to a GNR fan forum ... after which loads of GNR fanboys were stopping by my page to tell me what an a**hole I was for not recognizing Axl's pure unadulterated genius. Good times. Laughing very hard

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Retro-Rock-Review-Guns-N-Roses-CHINESE-DEMOCRACY-2008

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:47 pm

The other day I decided to see if I could still draw the entire Appetite album cover from memory.

I can.

I drew that thing on every single book cover, table, desk, blank piece of paper that got in front of me from 1988 to 1992.

The version of me that existed back then would be mortified to know I never even listened to a new GNR album in 2008 when it came out.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 12:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's been 5 years this week since the release of Chinese Democracy. My how time flies! Here's 20 bits of trivia of the album that almost never was...

I still think it's a great album. I still listen to it often. You never hear anyone talk about a follow-up anymore though.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I still think it's a great album. I still listen to it often. You never hear anyone talk about a follow-up anymore though.
I listened to it earlier this week, I also think its a great album, but no one is holding their breathe for a follow up, the album sold well but not well enough to make up for the amount of money he spent making the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:59 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
EVH is a complete nut but Axl is in another stratosphere. I really don't see Axl and Slash ever working together again. It would be nice if they would but I'm happy having GNR, VR and Slash's solo albums.
I agree, and I think its because of lack of forgiveness but.... what about Kings of Chaos albums? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:48 am

Addy wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
I agree, and I think its because of lack of forgiveness but.... what about Kings of Chaos albums? Very Happy
Did the Kings of Chaos put out an album? I thought they were just a live performance band.

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 23 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next