Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Could've sworn we had an official GNR thread...

Anyway, last month Richard Fortus & DJ Ashba said a new GNR album is coming "within a year". Hopeful, but won't hold my breath!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:01 am

Metal Misfit wrote:

Anyway, last month Richard Fortus & DJ Ashba said a new GNR album is coming "within a year". Hopeful, but won't hold my breath!

I'd say that those 2 only have slightly more authority than me as to when a new GnR album will ever see the light of day.  Razz 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I'd say that those 2 only have slightly more authority than me as to when a new GnR album will ever see the light of day.  Razz 

Exactly.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:19 am

So, this happened:

-to pass time I thought to check out some recent live performance of GnR just to see how Axl is doing nowadays
-clicked on some random part of the concert
-the song playing here is sounding very good, what's that, i've never heard it before
-googling the lyrics
-WHAT? this is from Chinese Democracy, the album I had zero interest in?
-youtubing This I Love
-wow, that's really a great song, maybe I should give that album a chance
-a day later I find it at a local store for 3,99 euros
-buying Chinese Democracy

I've now gone through the album once. It's not bad. Not many songs stayed in my head, but I've loved at least Shackler's Revenge, Madagascar and This I Love.
Overall this is way better than I ever expected.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 9:43 am

Although Axl's voice really grates on me these days, and GNR have gradually become one of my least favorite bands of the sleaze/hair genre, I do enjoy Chinese Democracy and think there is some fantastic songwriting on there. My favorites being:

Chinese Democracy
Shackler's Revenge
Better
Street of Dreams
If The World
There Was A Time
Catcher in the Rye
I.R.S.
Madagascar

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 3:05 pm

The reunion is on, I would put my house on it 

http://loudwire.com/slash-and-axl-rose-on-friendly-terms-again/

There will be simply too much money involved not to do it
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Yeah, I just read this as well...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Although not huge on GNR nowadays, this would be pretty cool ,actually.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 6:28 am

He hardly says anything in that interview that would suggest a GNR reunion is in the works.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 7:20 am

glassprison wrote:
He hardly says anything in that interview that would suggest a GNR reunion is in the works.

All of the other guys have been on speaking terms for ages and have appeared on stage with each other. The fact that Slash and Axl are now back on speaking terms removes the final obstacle.

Money will talk now, I'm sure of it, look at how much Kiss have made since the reunion tour!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 10:23 am

I'm kinda torn on this news. Part of me wants to be excited that they are starting to mend the relationships that could lead to a reunion, which in turn could lead to a possible tour and maybe even an album somewhere down the line.

On the other hand, Axl live in 2015 sounds absolutely TERRIBLE. Let the past be the past. As much as I loved the last Van Halen album, seeing them live just reminds me of how old and buffoonish DLR looks and sounds. I don't want my memories of GnR tarnished like that.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Just because Slash and Axl are friends again doesn't mean anything more than that right now. It's a good start though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 11:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm kinda torn on this news. Part of me wants to be excited that they are starting to mend the relationships that could lead to a reunion, which in turn could lead to a possible tour and maybe even an album somewhere down the line.

On the other hand, Axl live in 2015 sounds absolutely TERRIBLE. Let the past be the past. As much as I loved the last Van Halen album, seeing them live just reminds me of how old and buffoonish DLR looks and sounds. I don't want my memories of GnR tarnished like that.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Just because Slash and Axl are friends again doesn't mean anything more than that right now. It's a good start though.

I'm of the same mindset. I saw them at the Coronado Theater in March of 1988 with UDO and Zodiac Mindwarp. Even if there was a full on reunion, I KNOW they will never be able to top that which was 27 years ago. It's impossible for a number of reasons.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 11:38 am

I am with MG71 on this one. His point about not tarnishing a memory is spot on. It's one of the main reasons I didn't see VH when I had the chance, and probably wouldn't stand in line for this reunion either. That and the exorbitant price tag. I believe it will happen as the money is too great to pass up.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 11:51 am

Slash hasnt said anything on a reunion just that never say never, but hes definitely warmed up to it. Im just happy that Slash and Axl are repairing that relationship. That alone is awesome news.

Id love to see a GNR Reunion tour I would make sure i was at one of those shows. Give it time.... it might happen afterall...
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 8:47 am

I may be in the minority here, but I'd only be interested in a reunion if they got together and wrote a prime album. Nobody needs another tour and, even if they were all operating at the peak of their powers, the world is not the poorer for a bunch of middle aged dudes going out and rehashing the stage attitudes they wore when they were all smacked out, etc.

Show me some creativity and fire on record and then tour THAT and I'll be interested. Otherwise, it's as sad as the fact that GNR is now a Vegas residency act... Hardly the most dangerous band in the land.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 9:55 am

Runicen wrote:
I may be in the minority here, but I'd only be interested in a reunion if they got together and wrote a prime album.

I'm with you on that one. I'd rather have an album. It's unlikely ($$$) that I'd see them live.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 1:08 pm

maybe theyll pull a megadeth and tour and just perform material from Appetite & Lies
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 1:15 pm

They won't make another great album, they only managed that once as it is.

They will make enough money to refloat the Chinese stock market if they do a massive tour. If people will pay good money to see Ozzy shamble around looking confused while occasionally and accidentally remembering the words to a Sabbath song then they will pay to see G&R, whatever they sound like.

I'm not particularly excited by this reunion but I am sure that it's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 1:58 pm

A reunion could be the end of "Slash, Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators" (still think that this is a horrible name...), which would be really sad. I love their output so far, and I think that Myles sings the GnR classics better than Axl nowadays. Also, I don't really like anything GnR produced after Appetite. So I just hope that Slash keeps on playing with the Conspirators. :/
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 2:15 pm

Has Axl been sounding that bad? He sounded ok live around the time Chinese Democracy dropped. I haven't heard much since then though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 2:54 pm

I was watching this broadcast on AXS TV a few days ago and I thought he sounded terrible. I think it was Live from the O2 Arena in 2012 (?). His lower register is ok, but like most singers of his era, his higher stuff is painful to me and he sounds winded and out of shape. He also seems to have big, clunky dental veneers or implants that impede his speech.

I dunno. I think we, the internet community, are getting too far ahead of ourselves already. Slash makes one little off-hand comment and all of the sudden, a reunion, tour and album are already set in stone.

One step at a time. Laughing

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 2:57 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
A reunion could be the end of "Slash, Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators" (still think that this is a horrible name...), which would be really sad. I love their output so far, and I think that Myles sings the GnR classics better than Axl nowadays. Also, I don't really like anything GnR produced after Appetite. So I just hope that Slash keeps on playing with the Conspirators. :/

I don't see why Slash couldn't do both if he wanted. Dude likes to keep busy. Heck, Myles plays in 2 bands and he's got a solo album coming out. If you want to make a dime in music today, you need to multi-task. Razz

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 3:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was watching this broadcast on AXS TV a few days ago and I thought he sounded terrible. I think it was Live from the O2 Arena in 2012 (?). His lower register is ok, but like most singers of his era, his higher stuff is painful to me and he sounds winded and out of shape. He also seems to have big, clunky dental veneers or implants that impede his speech.

I dunno. I think we, the internet community, are getting too far ahead of ourselves already. Slash makes one little off-hand comment and all of the sudden, a reunion, tour and album are already set in stone.

One step at a time. Laughing

I don't think the 'we' are getting ahead of ourselves. It's just me really  lol!

I believe in the power of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 3:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'd believe there's something up with his teeth. I saw a sit down interview he did with Jimmy Kimmel a few years back and it sounded like he was trying to talk around buck teeth. Dude looks about as unnatural as Shane MacGowan with teeth...

Oh, and some of the pictures coming out of him... Jesus. It's like he got a ton of work done on his face and the parts he didn't get tucked or lifted have all started to sag so he's asymetrically aging.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 10:03 am

Just out of curiosity, for those of us that are looking forward to a reunion of sorts, is there any preference to which version reunites, either on tour or in studio?

Appetite Line-up - Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven Adler
Illusions Line-up - Axl, Slash, Duff, Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum

I suppose the original would be the best choice, but I'm not totally opposed to the Mark II version either. I can't recall if I ever saw them live with Steven Adler. Matt Sorum might have already been behind the kit by that time. I know I've seen both Izzy & Gilby.

Quote :
Oh, and some of the pictures coming out of him... Jesus. It's like he got a ton of work done on his face and the parts he didn't get tucked or lifted have all started to sag so he's asymetrically aging.

I'd bet the farm he's had something done to his face. He's too smooth.

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 24 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next