Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)

Go down 
+12
TrogDawn
Mglaffas81
rattpoison
Thrasher73
Wargod
kethdredd
EvyMetal
Shiney
kmorg
jstate
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am

What MG said is 100% the truth.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:46 pm

Love this album! It's the only release of theirs I've heard. I recently scored a copy of this off ebay.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:

I know less now than I did before. scratch

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:14 am

"Jihad! I'm gettin' mad! And there's no fuel left for the pilgrims!" 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 10:28 am

These guys have a new cd coming out.....

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Love this band, they are still putting out good stuff Scare Yourself And Soft Dogs are both really good from their more recent albums, No Fuel Left for the Pilgrims and Riskin' It All are my faves though. Cool band, would really like to see them some day.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Shiney wrote:
These guys have a new cd coming out.....

Really? When?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I know less now than I did before. scratch

Me too. I'm re-reading this thread and I don't even know what I was talking about.

Anyway, I'd like to hear some more from these guys, new or old releases. The only thing I own is No Fuel...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:24 pm

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:47 am

That song is near perfect.

Gotta love Jacob's twangy spaghetti western Duane Eddy guitar sound......no doubt he had an eye towards Love era Billy Duffy as well.

And man Jesper sounds a hell of a lot like Claude from Smack.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 8:50 am

rattpoison wrote:

Gotta love Jacob's twangy spaghetti western Duane Eddy guitar sound......no doubt he had an eye towards Love era Billy Duffy as well.

I just got the follow up to the NO FUEL... album (RISKIN IT ALL) and disappointingly, the "twang" only shows up in a few songs. It was all over the NO FUEL disc, it was one of the most charming things about that record, and that band, IMO.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 12:15 pm

"They throw the best damn parties at the rim of hell. Oh, you can tell by the smell."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Ten years later and I STILL have no idea what the hell "ZCMI" is about.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"They throw the best damn parties at the rim of hell. Oh, you can tell by the smell."

That is a killer tune! That and "Sleeping" make it onto a lot of my comps.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 9:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Ten years later and I STILL have no idea what the hell "ZCMI" is about.

Me neither. Nor do I know what happened to all the pilgrims' fuel.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Ten years later and I STILL have no idea what the hell "ZCMI" is about
Me neither. Nor do I know what happened to all the pilgrims' fuel.

And I'm still trying to find "Girl Nation"  I have no idea where it is but I bet it's at the rim of hell since apparently that's where the best damn parties are thrown.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Kick Axe - Heavy Metal Shuffle
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 9:36 am

the sentinel wrote:

?? Umm...wrong thread?

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 10:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

?? Umm...wrong thread?

Yup. Smile This is what happens when "HoM" and a bottle of wine get mixed late on a Friday night. headbanger Thanks, Keith.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2018 10:10 am

the sentinel wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

?? Umm...wrong thread?

Yup. Smile  This is what happens when "HoM" and a bottle of wine get mixed late on a Friday night. headbanger  Thanks, Keith.

Laughing very hard The sad thing is that in my non-caffeinated state, I stared at it for just a little too long trying to figure out what that had to do with D.A.D. ..."is there an in-joke here that I'm missing?"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 10:17 am

These guys put out a box set with all of their releases re-issued (11 studio releases and 1 disc of rarities) a few years ago. If you can find it for a decent price, I totally recommend it. It's a nice set overall and a good way to get all the albums in one fell swoop.

https://www.amazon.com/Overmuch-Box-Twenty-Five-Years/dp/B0073GBYCW/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_3

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 11:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
These guys put out a box set with all of their releases re-issued (11 studio releases and 1 disc of rarities) a few years ago. If you can find it for a decent price, I totally recommend it. It's a nice set overall and a good way to get all the albums in one fell swoop.

https://www.amazon.com/Overmuch-Box-Twenty-Five-Years/dp/B0073GBYCW/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_3

I've looked at that set on Amazon a couple of times but never pulled the trigger on it. I would like to hear more of their albums aside from No Fuel and Riskin' though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)   D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.A.D. - NO FUEL LEFT FOR THE PILGRIMS (1989)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2