Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Life 'til Metal

Go down 
+27
shamgar75
Stender
Trial by Fire
Witchfinder
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
krokus
kmorg
Chairman_Smith
ghost
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
jstate
Troublezone
T-Roy
ultmetal
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Thrasher73
Required Fields
Wargod
mc666
sovdat
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
GrandNational
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm sorry, but that was the single most awesome statement I may have ever heard...AND NOW IT'S MINE!!!
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:45 pm

I stumbled upon No Life 'til Metal sometime in the summer of 2003 when I picked up 2 Black Sabbath albums on vinyl (Live Evil and Born Again) at a flea market, only to find out Ozzy wasn't the singer on them when I got home. I was disappointed at first but was blown away by Dio on Live Evil (I hadn't heard of him at the time) and wanted to find out what the deal with him was. I googled his biography/discography or something and this site was one of the first things to pop up. Like other people already stated, it pretty much was the main reason for me to start collecting cd's and crucial in the direction of my music taste. I found most of my favorite bands today from reading the reviews on here. While I don't necessarily share the opinion of some of the reviews (which one can only expect because people are naturally different), I found that they were always accurately explained and gave me an idicator of whether I would enjoy them or not, even if they weren't given rave reviews. Ever since I discovered the site I've been reading often and always await new reviews. I only joined the boards not too long ago and consider myself more of a lurker but there's always cool things to be read here. Great site and great boards.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:42 pm

I found out about No Life Til Metal this last summer, I dont even remember how I stumbled upon it but I'm glad I did because I have discovered a few bands that I probably wouldnt have found if I hadnt come across Scott Waters extensive collection.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:23 pm

For me it was around 2002 or 2003. I don't remember the year, but I've been following Scott's reviews for years now. I'm so glad he has a killer collection as well as great reviews of bands. He is probably the biggest reason I have bought music of bands I was not aware of beforehand. I always look forward to reading new reviews. One day I'd like to just buy some cool music for him as a huge thank you. Keep up the great work Ult - it rocks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:35 am

A couple years ago. My old roommate in college showed me the site. We'd always reference it before hitting the CD shop!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:34 am

I discovered it while searching the internet for reviews of Christian metal CDs in non-Christian sites (ones that didn't talk about how much they hate the lyrics) and instead stumbled upon a Christian that talked about ALL metal Christian and secular. Not only that I was incredibly impressed at his massive collection of metal/hard rock CDs (I never heard of one person with so many CDs before-kind of made me envious). What I like most about NLTM, is that Scott is a normal person giving honest thoughts on music. Most other metal review sites seem hell bent on tearing a CD apart without even saying one decent think about it (i.e. they have people who hate power metal reviewing power metal discs). Most reviewers don't listen to music to enjoy it but to find flaws with it. While I don't agree with Scott on everything he says about certain music, I still respect the fact that he is honest in his opinion and that he genuinly (sic) likes metal. Since I found his website I've re-gained my love for thrash and even gotten into bands I never heard before (Grave Digger, Axel Rudi Pell, Three Inches Of Blood, and more). I also found HOM and for the first time in my life I can talk with others about the music I love (I had been a lone metal wolf for over 13 years). Apart from a few mis-steps here and there I feel like I have a place where I belong. I owe it all to NLTM.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:02 am

I found it about a year ago. What I like the most is how passionate Scott is about his music and also his honesty. It's cool to see someone reviewing their whole CD collection and it's a great reference for someone who's only been into music for about three years. I also like that as a Christian I have found someone who has a Christian perspective on metal and has a similar taste in metal helping me to discover many more bands. I'm delighted to have discovered many more Christian metalheads through NLTM and then this forum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 11:23 am

It's been quite a few years now. I don't know how many exactly. I was googling for Laaz Rockit (I think) and found the site. I started reading the site on my lunch hour and was blown away at the sheer volume of cds. As it turns out, Scott's tastes are very similar to mine so I used his site to check into bands I had neither heard of nor new about but weren't sure how they sounded (Thanks by the way) . I visit as often as I can now although I can't as much as I used to since changed jobs back in September. I also found Metal Metroplis through NLTM and find it just as informative and enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:34 pm

I found NLTM about a year and a half ago while searching for Randy Rhoads and Quiet Riot, and I've been hooked ever since. I kinda got back into buying and collecting as a result. That's how I found this fourm.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:15 pm

I found it when Scott posted the link when he 1st started it way back when. I still look at it occasionally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm

I discovered NLTM about a year or two ago. I thought it was pretty awesome. I love that Scott has a Wall of Shame, and there were some pretty funny e-mails up there.

Keep tacking 'em up, Scott!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 pm

For some reason I had always had the name "No Life'Till Metal" in my head i dunno maybe it was just a mix-up with the metallica demo. anyways i was taking a sick day and decied to google that name and the site came up. I can't tell you how many hours I've probaly spent lookin & reading about CDs. Scott is one of the biggest metal fans out there.

Well then i found the link to this fourm and started spending all the time i used to spend on NLTM here instead and after a couple months of lurking around and getting to understand the distinct personalitys of the members I decied to establish myslef as a member of the worlds greastest disscussion board

`You guys all rule in my book
🤘 HORNS UP TO YOU ALL 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:27 am

I heard about the board about a year or two ago. When I initially tried to register, I couldn't for some reason so I gave up trying. Well, I came back to it in December and figured, "Hey, let's give it another go." This time it worked. I'll tell ya one thing...You guys are some Metal brainiacs! 🤘 The threads here are amazing...always interesting, very insightful, etc. It's cool to read the comments from everyone, and there seems to be a lot of respect for each other's differing opinions.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:28 am

I stumbled into the site when I was searching info on the greek cyclone inferior to none bootleg. It was the only forum that had any useful info on it. I think I destroyed it and a couple of bootlegs in a drunken rage not long after. I've been lucky and haven't had any more boots since then but if i did i definitely would seek my money back. I gotta say this is the best metal forum i've ever used.

sinc.

drunkensiferum2k

sorry if i didn't make any sense, i'm slammed off grandpas cough syrup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Life 'til Metal
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3