Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Life 'til Metal

Go down 
+27
shamgar75
Stender
Trial by Fire
Witchfinder
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
krokus
kmorg
Chairman_Smith
ghost
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
jstate
Troublezone
T-Roy
ultmetal
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Thrasher73
Required Fields
Wargod
mc666
sovdat
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
GrandNational
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:31 pm

When did you guys discover No Life 'til Metal? It was sometime in December of 2000 for me (Can't believe it'll be 7 years this December). Scott's collection and reviews have really helped shape my own collection, taste, and view of a lot of metal bands and albums. How about you guys?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:33 pm

Some time in mid to late 2000 is when I first ran across it. I have used it as a reference on NUMEROUS occasions. Been a regular visitor ever since I first found.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:39 pm

3-4 years ago.....and he's nearly completely personally responsible for me spending thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$ on music!

angry angry angry

Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:48 pm

No idea. But it's been many years, I know that.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Around 2003 / 2004.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 6:58 pm

i discovered NLTM about 3 years ago & Metal Metropolis over a year ago. i enjoy reading them both. it's fun to read other fans opinions on albums you like, even when you disagree with them.

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 7:30 pm

1 year ago I think.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 8:19 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
3-4 years ago.....and he's nearly completely personally responsible for me spending thousands of $$$$$$$$$$$ on music!

angry angry angry

Laughing Razz

I can relate 100%. I don't even know how much I have spent on CD's
because of the site. The whole reason I have over 300 albums in my want
list is because of Scott.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 8:28 pm

To be honest with you all I really haven't been there all that much, I've browsed the site that's about it! I do use other sites for checking out reviews and such!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 8:56 pm

About five years ago I landed on the site for the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 9:28 pm

do you guys not check out Metal Metropolis as well? it's a little smaller, but just as good... despite his omission of Motorhead.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 pm

I do....didn't know about it until they started this new Heartofmetal board...
Back to top Go down

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 10:18 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I do....didn't know about it until they started this new Heartofmetal board...
Same here. I never knew the site existed until recently.

And someone ban Wargod for treason! lol!

Last edited by on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:01 pm

A couple of years ago when I came across Ults site.Kurts site is great too.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:12 pm

Can't really remember when exactly, but aroung 3-4 years. I emailed Ult and told him what a cool site he had and he invited me to join the board. Rest is history.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:46 pm

I didn't discover it until just earlier this year. I had known about Ulitamtum since 2001 but had no idea the vocalist had this great website. I sent Scott some compilation CDRs (17 of them) and enjoyed sharing my music so much from that experience that I got over my hesitation (I tend to be timid when communicating with people I don't know. Took me months before I contacted him to send the CDs) and joined Heart Of Metal in mid-September. I really like Metal Metropolis as well but I never discovered it until I joined here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:57 am

I discovered NLtM in April of 2003. Almost five years ago now. I use it on occasion as a reference - and I like to hear what Scott has to say about different albums. I might not always agree, but I find that I do agree more times than not!

I discovered Metal Metropolis at about the same time, but rarely do I go there. Not sure why - as it's a good site. I just don't have time for every place I guess. But yeah, NLTM is in my favorites and I do use it pretty frequently.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:31 am

Glad you all like my site. NLTM went on-line for the first time in 2000. I started the site in 1999. I've made a lot of friends from that site and have generated a ton of traffic over the years. I always find it amusing as it's just a site built around my personal CD collection and thoughts. Many or my 'reviews' aren't even reviews. Some are just thoughts about the CD, memories the CD brings back, facts about the album that I find interesting, or even personal stories about myself and how the music affected me through my life.

I use Kmorgs site quite often. I tend to check Kmorg's site when I am wanting info or a review of a power metal or progressive metal band. However, he needs to FINISH his site. Compilations? Tributes? Soundtracks? (How many years has it been Kmorg?) LOL!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 am

I totally stumbled over it by complete happen-chance at another job
like.....4 years ago?! I thought it was totally awesome but then....we
got ready to move to the Midwest and I never went back to it 'til
around this spring...I just remembered it and was getting totally
disgusted with country radio stations and rock stations playing the
SSSSAAAAAAAMMMMEEEEE crap over and over... LOL, so I thought, I'm gonna
find that crazy dudes site with the life savings/retirement collection
and start listening to metal again.....that was it!

Then I saw the link to the forum and checked out. First thing I saw was
Eyesores old Avatar and MC666’s, and I was scared…..but, I decided not
to use my spiritual gift of judgment (even though they are total
heathens) and stuck around!

BTW, still scared by them…
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:46 am

A couple years ago i think.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:09 am

Couple years ago had googled for a review of something and NLTM came up. Clicked on and never stopped. I did lurk for quite some time before joining.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 am

It's been a few years for me, I guess. Same with Metal Metropolis. I checked Ult's link section and went on from there. I've used both of their sites for references before making purchases on numerous occasions. And they're both great places to kill time when I don't want to work.

EDIT: By the way, Ult, isn't it about time for another update?

Last edited by on Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:13 am

My first time - I think it was 2004 when I was collecting my Riot CDs and was curious about The Brethren of the Long House and Inishmore.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:24 am

I guess I discovered NLTM about three or four years ago now. Didn't know about Kmorg's site till I joined this board, but now I look forward to reading the updates on both sites.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 10:38 am

2 or 3 years ago. I came there occational to read reviews, in february I discovered the link to the board there and joined it. I discovered Kmorgs site after becomming a member of this board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Life 'til Metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Life 'til Metal   No Life 'til Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Life 'til Metal
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next