Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?

Go down 
+5
Tall Tyrion
Temple of Blood
Chairman_Smith
krokus
kethdredd
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Empty
PostSubject: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:37 am

If you have an HDTV and get the "Mojo" Channel. Keep an eye out for the Ozzfest 10th anniversary special.

I watched it last night. It had a couple of perfomances I was interested in. Anthrax "Caught in a Mosh", and a couple of Rob Zombie tunes. Sabbath did "Warpigs".

The show gives a history of the festival, with lots of backstage interviews and a bunch of performance clips. I watched with curiosity because I wanted to see what passed for "Metal" nowadays.

I noticed that most of the bands actually sounded pretty good until the vocals started. Trivium started playing a song with some sweet dual guitar leads that I found Maidenesqe. Then the singer started grunting away. UGH. This was the case with most of the bands. Decent music, horrific, screamo/hardcore vocals. In an ironic twist, almost all of these bands were wearing some sort of old school metal t shirts. Metallica, Maiden.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:41 am

I dont care about most of those bands that played on OZZFEST in the past. I prefer real heavy metal festivals like KEEP IT TRUE, HEADBANGERS OPEN AIR, BANG YOUR HEAD, LEYENDAS DEL ROCK, METALWAY, METALMANIA(the spanish one) etc...at those festivals the real spirit of heavy metal is kept alive by bands and fans. OZZFEST is more for the MTV of today fans, not for real heavy metal maniacs. This is just my opinion of course but i know i am right lol.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:53 am

Trivium is using actual vocals (MOSTLY) now.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:07 am

It's too hard to sing. Easier to yell in a monotone fashion.

The KEEP IT TRUE fest blows Ozzfest away, but granted its an entirely different demographic (people who know a lot about the metal scene vs. people with only a superficial knowledge of it).
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:09 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Quite a few young bands are starting to trend away from the screaming/grunting vocals. It's an encouraging trend.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:30 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Quite a few young bands are starting to trend away from the screaming/grunting vocals. It's an encouraging trend.

A trend everyone should follow.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:32 am

different bands have different vocals. there are still traditional metal singers out there. however there is nothing wrong with screaming & growling for those who enjoy it.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:03 am

mc666 wrote:
different bands have different vocals. there are still traditional metal singers out there. however there is nothing wrong with screaming & growling for those who enjoy it.

I like some, but I wish the execs would let a few "normal" vocalists get through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:30 am

I have an HD TV and get Mojo! I'll keep a look out for this! Thanks!

🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:34 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

As more guys start blowing out their vocal cords, you'll see the trend to start singing more and more. I've read that on more than one occasion already that guys have changed their style because of throat problems.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 1:17 pm

krokus wrote:
I dont care about most of those bands that played on OZZFEST in the past. I prefer real heavy metal festivals like KEEP IT TRUE, HEADBANGERS OPEN AIR, BANG YOUR HEAD, LEYENDAS DEL ROCK, METALWAY, METALMANIA(the spanish one) etc...at those festivals the real spirit of heavy metal is kept alive by bands and fans. OZZFEST is more for the MTV of today fans, not for real heavy metal maniacs. This is just my opinion of course but i know i am right lol.

I agree with you 100% on this!

Wargod48

NP: Lord - Live At The Metro
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 2:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

As more guys start blowing out their vocal cords, you'll see the trend to start singing more and more. I've read that on more than one occasion already that guys have changed their style because of throat problems.

That's just another way of saying. "were selling out"
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
krokus wrote:

I agree with you 100% on this!

Wargod48

NP: Lord - Live At The Metro

Thats great brother, realy great 🤘 HAIL TO YOU FOREVER!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?   Ozzfest  10th anniversary.  Does anyone sing anymore? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzfest 10th anniversary. Does anyone sing anymore?
Page 1 of 1