Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzfest 2010 Review

Go down 
+2
powermacho
BillRoxx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Ozzfest 2010 Review Empty
PostSubject: Ozzfest 2010 Review   Ozzfest 2010 Review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Ozzfest 2010 was a Blast!

I'll post more later with some pics, The Crue, Halford and Ozzy had it all together!

Side stage ( I even went in the pit Smile Exodus, Drowning Pool and BLS all rocked the house!

Went out and picked up the new BLS and Drowning Pool today as a result!

I'll post more later but I found this review that kind of summed it all up...

As soon as Ozzy Osbourne hit the stage with "Bark at the Moon" for his headlining spot Saturday night at San Manuel Amphitheater in Devore, Ozzfest was officially back and stronger than ever.

On the heels of new album "Scream," Osbourne was on the top of his game for the first time the touring heavy metal festival returned to its birthplace since 2007.
He capped a long day of music for metal lovers, with highlights from Bay Area thrash band Exodus and the main band for Osbourne's former guitarist Zakk Wylde--Black Label Society.
Despite Ozzfest's past at the amphitheater, things went smoothly on Saturday, without lines of traffic and security to get into the venue moved swiftly by the mid-afternoon.
Fellow headliner Motley Crue drew a huge reaction from fans as they shot off pyrotechnics and played through their classic catalogue, starting with "Kickstart My Heart" and ending with the strip club anthem "Girls, Girls, Girls."

The crowd sang along with hits like the power ballad "Home Sweet Home" and "Dr. Feelgood," but the most energy was clearly saved for Osbourne.
Osbourne, who has acknowledged in recent interviews that he's had vocal problems in the past, showed no signs of them Saturday night.

Tongue planted firmly in cheek, his set opened with a video montage of Osbourne dropped into scenes from recent pop culture touchstones such as "The Hangover," "Twilight," "Jersey Shore" and even Lady Gaga's "Telephone" video.

Then, he took the stage and never looked back, grinning, throwing his hands up in the air, and shooting water out at the crowd.

He played songs off his new album "Scream," as well as classics from his solo career and his time with Black Sabbath.

Highlights included "Iron Man," "Shot in the Dark," "Fairies Wear Boots" and "I Don't Know."
The classic Sabbath tune "Paranoid" ended the main set before Ozzy brought out a 9-year-old Japanese boy to play "Crazy Train" for the encore.

The night was a good retrospective and also showed Osbourne is still the Prince of Darkness, even when he's having a good time on stage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 2010 Review   Ozzfest 2010 Review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Nice to hear he can still bring it live.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 2010 Review   Ozzfest 2010 Review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:46 pm

I which I was there. How was droning pool? I used to hear the in the 90's
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 2010 Review   Ozzfest 2010 Review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:14 pm

I have been to that venue - where did they put the side stage? Beautiful venue, beautiful location. Traffic getting out sucks
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 2010 Review   Ozzfest 2010 Review Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Going to Ozzfest in Pittsburgh this Tuesday! Glad to hear it RAWKED! What time did Ozzy finish his set? (just curious as I have to drive 3 hours to the show AND 3 hours home afterwards)
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 2010 Review   Ozzfest 2010 Review Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:20 pm

BillRoxx wrote:

Side stage ( I even went in the pit Smile Exodus, Drowning Pool and BLS all rocked the house!

Yeah, Exodus has a way of getting people into the pit.

I'm glad you had a blast. I haven't been to an Ozzfest in about 6 years. Would love to go to one again.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25855

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 2010 Review   Ozzfest 2010 Review Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Glad you had a great time,Bill!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest 2010 Review   Ozzfest 2010 Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzfest 2010 Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: