Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ozzfest canceled this year

Go down 
+12
Troublezone
skullsmasher
mez
kmorg
Required Fields
Chairman_Smith
exact33
Stender
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Sabbath In Solitude
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Ozzfest canceled this year Empty
PostSubject: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:28 pm

*sigh of relief*

Ozzfest cancelled

(Friday February 13, 2009 06:05 PM)

This year's Ozzfest has been cancelled, it has been confirmed.

The news comes as Ozzy Osbourne, the event's figurehead, continues work on his new album.

The former Black Sabbath singer says the decision was taken because he is busy with the follow-up to 2007's "Black Rain".

However, there are reports that economic concerns are responsible. In 2007, Ozzfest became a free event and then scaled down to one day in 2008.

As previously reported, the celebrity family will make their return to TV screen this spring in "Osbournes: Reloaded".
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:53 pm

detuned wrote:
*sigh of relief*

Ozzfest cancelled

(Friday February 13, 2009 06:05 PM)

This year's Ozzfest has been cancelled, it has been confirmed.

The news comes as Ozzy Osbourne, the event's figurehead, continues work on his new album.

The former Black Sabbath singer says the decision was taken because he is busy with the follow-up to 2007's "Black Rain".

However, there are reports that economic concerns are responsible. In 2007, Ozzfest became a free event and then scaled down to one day in 2008.

As previously reported, the celebrity family will make their return to TV screen this spring in "Osbournes: Reloaded".

Well,he has got "time" to make another solo album,he has got "time "to do that stupid show again but no "time" to make a nearly original lineup Sabbath album,this is why "Heaven and Hell " should be called Sabbath,they actually care about the music,the legacy and the fans,Ozzy spends too much time listening to you know who IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:56 pm

I respect Tony's reason for choosing to go by the Heaven & Hell moniker.

Iommi told Billboard last summer that "it really is Black Sabbath,
whatever we do," but that they had chosen to tour as Heaven And Hell
"so everyone knows what they're getting (and) so people won't expect to
hear (Osbourne-era) 'Iron Man' and all those songs. We've done them for
so many years, it's nice to do just all the stuff with did with Ronnie
again."
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Gee, looks like sharron ran the numbers and realized they bucks weren't out there this year. If this recession is over by 2010, it'll be back
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:38 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Gee, looks like sharron ran the numbers and realized they bucks weren't out there this year. If this recession is over by 2010, it'll be back

Seconded.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:40 pm

Well, this makes up for the news of the Limp Bizkit reunion earlier this week.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:07 pm

the sentinel wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Seconded.

If Sharon hasn't worked the poor man to death by that point. He's not well, hasn't been ever since that ATV accident several years ago (and he wasn't in the best shape before that)...she needs to let the man relax and have some peace and privacy.

If I saw her on the street I'd run her over.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:11 pm

For some reason I thought Ozzfest was going to be done anyways after the 08 fest?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:17 pm

i would rename is snoozefest... Ozzy is over in my book...

Alex

Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:56 pm

I don't think he is over,he just does not seem to realize what is really important and relevant,Sabbath is what made him,Sabbath is what inspired an entire genre into existence,Sabbath is what is timeless,I am a member of three message boards and Sabbath in all its incarnations is what people want to talk about..........
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Sabbath In Solitude wrote:
I don't think he is over,he just does not seem to realize what is really important and relevant,Sabbath is what made him,Sabbath is what inspired an entire genre into existence,Sabbath is what is timeless,I am a member of three message boards and Sabbath in all its incarnations is what people want to talk about..........

In the TV world, I believe they refer to this phenomenon as "Jumping the shark". Smile Ozzy needs a rest. An eternal one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 pm

I take it you're referring to "retirement" as opposed to "dirt nap"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 10:23 pm

detuned wrote:
I take it you're referring to "retirement" as opposed to "dirt nap"?

Whichever is easiest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 am

Ozzy has become a "celebrity" as opposed to a musician. I think something in him still wants to be a musician, but he just keeps going along with this stupid stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:36 am

Reportedly, Ozzy says:

"bluh-uh-ma-dahdah-ort-bla-ddddd-uh."
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:21 am

thejokeriv wrote:

I think Sharon decided they couldn't compete with the Keel reunion, so they backed down.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 2:16 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Reportedly, Ozzy says:

"bluh-uh-ma-dahdah-ort-bla-ddddd-uh."

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:32 am

Sharon is the reason Ozzy is still alive. Now, we can argue if that is for better or for worse, but she is still the reason the man is still around.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:54 am

I personally love this guys stuff regardless of what generation he has stuff out. I never went to an Ozzfest so it doesn't affect me personally.I am looking forward to hearing new Ozzy soon.

I know many are not big on his newer stuff. Maybe I am not as affected since I never watched any of his shows. I could only guess how that many have hurt his public outlook.

Well maybe he will suprise old and new fans alike with a top notch album. However I do hope he and the blokes from Black Sabbath can muster up enough loved between each other to give us one more sign-off BS album sometime with-in the next 5 years. That is to say as long as it would not hinder RJD still working with them, but heck he will be 72 in 5 years anyhow, Ozzy will be only 65! Man I am rabbling and have lots of wishful thinking here....sorry!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Ozzy is a legend, Sharon, like her or not , pulled Ozzy from the doors of death and put him on the road to the career that he has now. He more than likely would have been teets up back in 80 - 81 if it had not been for Sharon. I personally think she is a smurfette but I have to give her credit for saving the Ozzman and giving us many more years of cool tunes from him. I hope that he will put out a new album of quality music and begin to do Ozzfest in the future again. I love all generations of Sabbath, Ozzy ,Dio, Gillan, and all others that have followed. My best to all of these musicians and cheers to all of the great music they have provided to us over the years
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Sharon is the devil, Ozzy had his payday in the 80's now he is paying the price.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 am

sharon is just a good business woman. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 11:23 am

I am sure at some point Ozzfest will be revived but I think it will more in the lines of what British festivals do overseas where they have two or three headliners, and Ozzfest has gone this route successfully many times with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden co headlining, and including platinum acts such as Pantera, Marilyn Manson, and those brillant men of metal Limp Bizkit.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:09 pm

I've never been to Ozzfest, and I don't really care much if it's cancelled this year.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Read this the other day on Bmouth and it is good news. I have only been 2 1 Ozzfest and it was only for an hour and a half JUST to watch Black Sabbath. Aside from Ozzy, Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Nile and Rigor Mortis there hasn't been any good bands on the damn festival and I view it as a joke. Always have and always will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzfest canceled this year   Ozzfest canceled this year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzfest canceled this year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: