Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+6
nevermore
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
Lari
James B.
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2022 8:47 pm

Recent reads:

Batman: The Killing Joke, The Deluxe Edition by Alan Moore and Brian Bolling

Batman: Year One by Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 10:29 am

Batman and Robin, Vol. I: Born To Kill by Peter Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, and Mick Gray

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2022 4:09 pm

Superman Smashes the Klan by Gene Luen Yang and Gurihiru

... a very cool story about a Chinese-American family standing up to racism in 1940s era Metropolis, with a little help from the Big Red S. Based on a 1946 story from the Adventures of Superman radio show, "Clan of the Fiery Cross."

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2022 12:24 am

The Heritage of Armenian Literature Vol. 2 (6th to 18th century)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 1:39 pm

Rockers And Rollers: A Full Throttle Memoir by Brian Johnson

...not to be confused with his just-released autobiography The Lives Of Brian, which is on my list to check out soon, this is BJ's first book about his love of cars and racing. Basically it's a collection of short anecdotes about the various cars he's owned and driven over the years, some of the stories are music related, but not all. I'm not a "car guy" so a lot of the gear head jargon is lost on me, but it's been a fun read anyway, cuz Brian is a good storyteller who has a way with words.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 7:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rockers And Rollers: A Full Throttle Memoir by Brian Johnson

...not to be confused with his just-released autobiography The Lives Of Brian, which is on my list to check out soon, this is BJ's first book about his love of cars and racing. Basically it's a collection of short anecdotes about the various cars he's owned and driven over the years, some of the stories are music related, but not all. I'm not a "car guy" so a lot of the gear head jargon is lost on me, but it's been a fun read anyway, cuz Brian is a good storyteller who has a way with words.

I’m looking forward to listening to the audio book of “The Lives of Brian”. There should be some interesting stories!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 10:26 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I’m looking forward to listening to the audio book of “The Lives of Brian”. There should be some interesting stories!

Should be a cool listen as long as you can decipher Brian's thick-as-pudding Geordie accent! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 11:44 pm

Actually reading three books right now lol At home before bed I'm reading Hawk, by Steven Brust. And at work I'm going back and forth between a book called An American Demon: A Memoir, by T.S.O.L. frontman Jack Grisham, and also book 8 of The Expanse series titled, Tiamats Wrath, by James S.A. Corey.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2022 6:27 pm

FRAMPTON “ Do You Feel Like i do “
Watched some songs on YouTube - had to buy the book.
Also bought “ Comes Alive “ cd for while I’m reading.
He was a shooting star for sure.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2022 6:42 pm

Re-reading:
Face The Music, A Life Exposed by Paul Stanley

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 10:03 am

Reading Stevie Ray Vaughan “ Caught in the Crossfire “ .
Very interesting read. Played for David Bowie on a bunch of songs.
Rolling Stones took a liking to him. He stood 5’5”.
Could put a hankie in one nostril and take it out the other nostril.
Cocaine and Crown Royal. Lots of stories.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2022 11:18 am

I bought Herman Rarebell book “ And Speaking of the Scorpions “.

Horrible book.
Guy writes very shallow. Arrogant. Smart ass.
Maybe the worst rock book I have ever read.
No wild stories…..though he keeps they come later on in the book.
No insight into the other musicians.
Just bland and boring and irritating.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2022 8:55 am

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, 30th Anniversary Edition by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 9:24 am

Graphic novel: The Saga of the Swamp Thing, Vol. I by Alan Moore, Steve Bissette, and John Totleben

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2023 10:35 am

Soul On Fire : The Life And Music Of Peter Steele by Jeff Wagner
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2023 6:27 pm

"World Thought Police" by Tomas Schuman (Yuri Bezmenov)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 12:53 pm

A Fast Ride Out Of Here - Pete Way

This book was great. I highly recommend it.
Was never a UFO fan. But when they got Schenker - wow.
Ozzy quotes. Fast Eddie Clarke quotes. Joe Eliot. Etc.
And this book is soaked - with sex and drug stories.
Pete Way was reckless. Married 6 times. 2 wives died / misadventure.
I read the entire book in one sitting. Took about 7 hours !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 2:07 pm

Re-reading: Makeup To Breakup, My Life In and Out of KISS by Peter Criss

On deck: I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2023 10:26 am

For The Sake Of Heaviness by Brian Slagel
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2023 5:23 pm

Iron Man - Tony Iommi
Don’t buy it. It’s okay of a read.
But he holds back a lot of truth.
No substance at all.
Interesting how rich he got.
And all the musicians he went through.
Gee. Wonder why ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2023 6:35 pm

Retail Gangster: The INSANE Real-Life Story of Crazy Eddie by Gary Weiss

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2023 8:49 pm

Amorphis : The Official Story Of Finland's Greatest Metal Band by Markus Laakso
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 5:04 pm

"Pole Shift: Evidence Will Not Be Silenced" by David Montaigne

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 8:47 pm

James B. wrote:
"Pole Shift: Evidence Will Not Be Silenced" by David Montaigne

I read a book about pole shifts many years ago. They predicted that the earth would shift on it's axis on May 5th 2000. I remember that date because I was hoping he was right. It made sense in a way. On that day, all the planets were aligned in a straight line, along with the moon, and his theory was the gravity along with the build up of the ice caps, would be enough to tip us over. Of course I kind of knew it was bullshit, but I still had my hopes up lol Figured, they've happened before, why not now? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2023 4:44 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

I read a book about pole shifts many years ago. They predicted that the earth would shift on it's axis on May 5th 2000. I remember that date because I was hoping he was right. It made sense in a way. On that day, all the planets were aligned in a straight line, along with the moon, and his theory was the gravity along with the build up of the ice caps, would be enough to tip us over. Of course I kind of knew it was bullshit, but I still had my hopes up lol Figured, they've happened before, why not now? Laughing very hard

Predicting an exact day is f'n wacky Laughing very hard
There is evidence of it occurring before numerous times, but the 'guesses" as to when are speculative. Rolling Eyes

(IMHDO) The best evidence is the various pyramid structures found globally. More recent construction face the current North; South; East; & West. While older construction is off from current compass points and line up with past pole positions (in theory)

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next