Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forbidden is Back...

Go down 
+4
nevermore
Lari
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Forbidden is Back... Empty
PostSubject: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 8:12 am

Forbidden is Back... Forbidband423

Quote :
The once improbable and impossible happened. Forbidden is reforming with new blood! Locicero, Camacho & Smyth remain from the Omega Wave lineup.

New vocalist Norman Skinner will take the elite position that belonged to Russ Anderson. Norman shocked everyone who witnessed his performance of Chalice of Blood with LA thrashers Warbringer accompanying him as the band. It was undeniable to all in attendance. Norman grew up in the Bay Area. His first thrash metal show was seeing Forbidden at the Omni. Russ would point to Norman at shows and call him. “Little Russ” on the mic. It could ONLY be Norman Skinner that stands aside the band.

Forbidden is laying the groundwork for some very exciting news and announcements. Locicero commented on the band's rebirth: "First off, I did NOT see this coming. When Forbidden quietly disbanded the second time in 2012, I figured it was over. While I always apply the “never say never” mantra to my life, Russ made it clear that he was completely finished with touring. My wingman and main dude from the conception of Forbidden Evil, Russ was my mentor and the guy who bought me beer when I was 15! I couldn’t imagine Forbidden without him, so I had little hope of a future with Forbidden. Today Russ is happily retired and living the sober life. I have nothing but love for that and him. Everyone needs to respect his wishes like we do.

So then ….. fast forward 11 years after our last show, Bay Area vocal talent Norman Skinner walks in to help us rehearse and sing a few thrash classics for the Bay Area Interthrashional set at Dynamo MetalFest 2022. WHAMMO! That’s when it all happened by accident. Truly. Then it happens AGAIN when Norman sings Chalice of Blood onstage alongside Warbringer at the one Bay Area show of Bay Area Interthrashional. Holy fuck! We will go into detail thoroughly in the upcoming weeks. It’s an amazing and organic progression story to tell.

I now can announce that alongside my brothers Matt Camacho (bass) and Steve Smyth (guitar) we are officially introducing Norman Skinner (vocals) and Chris Kontos (drums) to the Forbidden family. As far as Kontos goes, he’s well known as one of the Bay’s very best and most respected drummers. Chris’s work in Machine Head and Attitude Adjustment alone are legendary. Historically he’s sat behind the kit in with Exodus, Death Angel, and Testament to name few. I’ve been lucky enough to play music with Chris in the past and present as well most recently with punk legends The Boneless Ones. We work amazingly well together and have remained great friends for over 30 years. In a long line of amazing drummers… Bostaph, Jacobs, Hoglan, Hernandez and Horn… Kontos is the perfect fit for Forbidden

Having 5 people all moving the same direction with enthusiasm and positivity. It’s all I’ve ever wanted with Forbidden. Making the seemingly impossible, possible.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 8:30 am

I like it. It will be cool to see what they come up with.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 12:40 pm

I love Russ Anderson. Not sure what to expect of this sans-Russ lineup.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 1:45 pm

This is a video of Skinner singing Chalice Of Blood referenced in the quote. The sound isn't the greatest but he sounds pretty decent.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 11:18 pm

Lari wrote:
I love Russ Anderson. Not sure what to expect of this sans-Russ lineup.

I was hoping Russ would be involved. I'll check out what they come up.

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 4:38 am

No Russ… but I’ll give them a listen. I’m sure Craig knows what the fans expect and will craft a quality album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 10:13 am

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 27, 2023 11:34 am

When they play live, it would be funny if the audience yelled "SKIIIIINNNN-ERRRR!" like Superintendent Chalmers on "The Simpsons." Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 10:29 pm

Skinner sounds decent. I’ll support whatever they come out with. I wish Russ could be involved though.They’re still my favorite Bay Area band.

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 10:36 pm

Had Craig on my podcast the other day. Cool guy.

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2023 6:01 pm

A Handful of Wayne wrote:

I watched that. Amazing work. So cool.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2023 1:12 pm

Lari wrote:
A Handful of Wayne wrote:

I watched that. Amazing work. So cool.

Thanks! Yea I hoped he could have stayed a little longer but he wanted to watch some game or something lol

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden is Back...   Forbidden is Back... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forbidden is Back...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: