Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009

Go down 
+5
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Lari
James B.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 2:56 pm

Evocation1: The Arcane Dominion by Eluveitie
El Rostro De La Muerte by Hirax
The Devil You Know by Heaven & Hell
Into The Labyrinth by Saxon
Sonic German Beatdown by Death Angel
Defiance by Destroyer 666
The Evolution Of Chaos by Heathen
Endgame by Megadeth
Black Future by Vektor
Burn by Havok

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 4:38 pm

1. Mystic Prophecy - Fireangel
"Fireangel BUUURRNNN!"

2. Impellitteri - Wicked Maiden
The great comeback of Rob Rock.

3. Powerwolf - Bible of the Beast
Catchy as hell.

4. Axxis - Utopia
My favourite band.

5. Cauldron - Chained to the Nite
Chained up in chains. What better lyric has ever been written?

6. Artillery - When Death Comes
Thrash metal with awesome vocals.

7. Saxon - Into the Labyrinth
Saxon never fails to deliver. This is the one with Demon Sweeney Todd. I saw them on the tour.

8. Machines of Grace - s/t
I'm the only one who loves this album. Song writing is awesome.

9. Cain's Offering - Gather the Faithful
Stratovarius + Sonata Arctica, and it works.

10. Lion's Share - Dark Hours
Nils Patrick Johansson is amazing. Songs are real good too and there is a lot of power metal on my list, isn't there?

Not my fault though. There were just so many great power metal albums released in 2009. I didn't even get to Savage Circus. Chris Caffery released a really good album in 2009, I had the poster for House of Insanity on my wall for several years. We also got the last ever Dio release in 2009 - the Devil You Know. A fairly good year, even if maybe the top five aren't as amazing as in the early 00's. Maybe there's some gems I'm missing though.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 4:40 pm

James B. wrote:

That one is amazing and would easily make my list (and possibly top it?), but it's a 2010 release in my books.

Leave no stone unturned!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 4:47 pm

Wolf - Ravenous
Loudness - The Everlasting
Artillery - When Death Comes
Megadeth - Endgame
KISS - Sonic Boom
Brainstorm - Memorial Roots
Ace Frehley - Anomaly
Paradox - Riot Squad
Primal Fear - 16.6: Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
Grave Digger - Ballads Of A Hangman
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 4:48 pm

KISS - Sonic Boom
Megadeth - Endgame
Beatallica - Sgt. Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band
Slayer - World Painted Blood
Stryper - Murder By Pride
Steel Horse - Wild Power
Ravage - The End Of Tomorrow
Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know
Raven - Walk Through Fire*
Municipal Waste - Massive Aggressive

*U.S. release in 2010

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 5:16 pm

Sonic Boom is the only KISS album I own on CD. I should maybe give that a spin. I got the 2CD+DVD set as a present, I remember.

I am of course very familiar with the band, but yeah that's the only physical copy of a KISS release I own. Just noticed it on a couple of lists, but I didn't find it exceptionally good myself. Maybe you need to be a fan to appreciate it?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 9:14 pm

007 wrote:
Wolf - Ravenous
Loudness - The Everlasting
Artillery - When Death Comes
Megadeth - Endgame
KISS - Sonic Boom
Brainstorm - Memorial Roots
Ace Frehley - Anomaly
Paradox - Riot Squad
Primal Fear - 16.6: Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
Grave Digger - Ballads Of A Hangman

Man, that would almost be my list too (in no particular order). I would just replace Kiss with Havok, and Ace with Mystic Prophecy.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2023 11:33 pm

Vektor - Black Future
Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Amorphis - Skyforger
Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue
KISS - Sonic Boom
Katatonia - Night Is The New Day
While Heaven Wept - Vast Oceans Lachrymose
Baroness - Blue Record
Heathen - The Evolution Of Chaos
Cauldron - Chained To The Nite
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 11:49 am

Lari wrote:
Sonic Boom is the only KISS album I own on CD. I should maybe give that a spin. I got the 2CD+DVD set as a present, I remember.

I am of course very familiar with the band, but yeah that's the only physical copy of a KISS release I own. Just noticed it on a couple of lists, but I didn't find it exceptionally good myself. Maybe you need to be a fan to appreciate it?

I suppose it depends on which fan you talk to. Some (like me) dig it, others want nothin' to do with it because it wasn't the original lineup (which had fallen apart by the early 2000s).

Prior to Sonic they'd been touring for a few years with Eric Singer as "The Cat" and Tommy Thayer as "The Spaceman," endlessly flogging the same tired-ass greatest hits set they'd been doing since the 1990s, and people (myself included) were starting to consider them a cover band.

The fact that they finally made some new music with Thayer/Singer actually legitimized that lineup for me, if that makes sense.

It was also a vast improvement over the previous album, the half-baked, half-assed, assembled-by-committee Psycho Circus IMO.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 12:57 pm

Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue
Asphyx - Death...The Brutal Way
Gama Bomb - Tales From the Grave in Space
Havok - Burn
Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know
Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
Megadeth - Endgame
Municipal Waste - Massive Aggressive
Sacrifice - The Ones I Condemn
Warbringer - Waking into Nightmares
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 2:39 pm

Kreator- Hordes of Chaos
Megadeth- Endgame
Heathen- Evolution of Chaos
Wolf-Ravenous
Heaven and Hell- The Devil you Know
Cauldron- Chained to the Nite
Alice In Chains- Black Gives way to Blue
Ravage- The End of Tomorrow
Gama Bomb- Tales from the Grave in Space
Hirax- El Rostro De La Muerto
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 4:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

It was also a vast improvement over the previous album, the half-baked, half-assed, assembled-by-committee Psycho Circus IMO.
That was the first KISS album I heard in full
lol!

I guess no wonder I did not turn into a KISS fan.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2023 7:26 am

1. Winger—Karma
2. Danger Danger—Revolve
3. Kreator—Hordes of Chaos
4. W.A.S.P.—Babylon
5. KISS—Sonic Boom
6. Saxon—Into the Labyrinth
7. Megadeth—Endgame
8. Jorn—Spirit Black
9. Heaven and Hell—The Devil You Know
10. Stryper—Murder by Pride
11. Dream Theater—Black Clouds & Silver Linings
12. Lynch Mob—Smoke and Mirrors
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2023 7:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lari wrote:

I suppose it depends on which fan you talk to. Some (like me) dig it, others want nothin' to do with it because it wasn't the original lineup (which had fallen apart by the early 2000s).

Prior to Sonic they'd been touring for a few years with Eric Singer as "The Cat" and Tommy Thayer as "The Spaceman," endlessly flogging the same tired-ass greatest hits set they'd been doing since the 1990s, and people (myself included) were starting to consider them a cover band.

The fact that they finally made some new music with Thayer/Singer actually legitimized that lineup for me, if that makes sense.

Yeah, that's what made it exciting. The release also overlapped with the Alive 35 Tour on which they were playing all (or later, most) of the songs included on Alive. As I recall, it was initially only available in Walmart, and each store had a KISS Korner filled with everything from the new album to KISS Mr. Potato Heads.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2023 8:47 am

Lari wrote:
James B. wrote:

That one is amazing and would easily make my list (and possibly top it?), but it's a 2010 release in my books.

Leave no stone unturned!

It's listed as a 2010 release on Rate Your Music, which is why I didn't include it on my list. If we do a 2010 list, it'll definitely land on there.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2023 12:25 pm

007 wrote:
Lari wrote:
James B. wrote:

Leave no stone unturned!

It's listed as a 2010 release on Rate Your Music, which is why I didn't include it on my list. If we do a 2010 list, it'll definitely land on there.
Same.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 12:30 pm

007 wrote:

I picked up a used copy a few years back. It is 2009 King Records. See now that mine is a Japanese December 2009 release. It was released everywhere else in 2010.

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2009
Page 1 of 1