Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008

Go down 
+5
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Lari
James B.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 12:15 pm

Mine....

Killing Season by Death Angel
Awaiting Evil by Hatchet
Global Warning by Jon Oliva's Pain
Slania by Eluveitie
War Without End by Warbringer
Teaced In Air by Cynic
Citizen Brain by Gamma Bomb
Death Brigade by Avenger Of Blood
Feed The Beast by Bonded By Blood
An Overdose Of Death by Toxic Halocaust

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 1:42 pm

What a year for metal.

1. Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die
An incredible band performance here. All the songs rock hard. Sounds great. Still the best Blaze CD, and Blaze is one of my all-time favourites. I loved it then, I love it now. Get it.

2. Marshall Law - Razorhead
Very heavy, very infectious. I got this when it was new, but I just played this recently after I got some other Marshall Law CD's. It still holds up. Stuff like Gods of Deception, Premonition, Night Terror, Bloodlines... so very awesome.

3. Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Alex Skolnick is back and the band releases a milestone album. This one destroys all thrash metal today, destroys all 80's Metallica albums. It is just that good. A must-have.

4. Ayreon - 01011001
A masterpiece following up the previous masterpiece (The Human Equation). It's a little difficult to rank because it is so good, flawless. But it's not the Human Equation. I guess that's why it's fourth.  don\'t know

5. Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning
The last 'Pain' album we'd get. And it has some of the best Savatage/Oliva songs EVER! Stories, Adding the Cost, Before I Hang... a must for 'Tage-heads. The digipak bonus also rules - No More Saturday Nights! A personal favourite. I hold this album dear.

6. Iced Earth - The Crucible of Man
Some fans don't like this. I love it. Divide Devour is one of the best Iced Earth songs ever. Crown of the Fallen, Crucify the King... timeless classics, to me. Barlow again bid his farewell after this album. But it's a strong one. Just because Stu Block outdid him on the next one doesn't mean this is a let down.

7. Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day
I was a little on/off with this band. While I always loved Sentenced, Poisonblack wasn't always very consistent, and a lot of times too gothic. Here, they are heavy and the passion and the performance is very tangible. Just listen to 'Diane'. The CD came with a very cool bonus live DVD. And I saw the band on the tour.

8. Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper
I vividly remember listening to this CD for the very first time. From the very first notes I had a huge grin on my face. The Heep is back. This sounds amazing. Classic Uriah Heep, sounding like they should. Big, catchy songs. Hooks everywhere, keys, organs, Mick Box... oh and Bernie Shaw sounds divine.

9. Death Angel - Killing Season
Already mentioned here. The follow up to the wicked awesome Art of Dying. It's almost as good. I love Death Angel, they are now my favourite band. Not really much else to say. All their albums belong on top ten lists everywhere. My second hand digipak is a little beat up though. The booklet is damaged. But there's a really good live DVD as a bonus. All is well.

Tenth spot is always the hardest. So many options to pick from. No matter which way I go, I will regret it.

10. Yngwie Malmsteen - Perpetual Flame
The OG shredder himself. I had to pick this one because I've been spinning it a lot lately. Red Devil... so cheesy, but there's a poster with Yngwie and his Ferrari. What's not to like there, it's outrageous. Tim Owens shines here as well.

In the end it was between Yngwie and Driver - Sons of Thunder. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rob Rock and Roy Z, but it's still not an ageless classic like the original M.A.R.S. - Project: Driver. But it's pretty damn good I tell you.

But yeah, it was a good year. Manilla Road, Circle II Circle, Avantasia, Falconer, Rage, Pyramaze and many others with cool albums. So there was depth, too.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 5:53 pm

Death Angel- Killing Season
Testament- Formation of Damnation
Into Eternity- The Incurable Tragedy
The Sword- Gods of the Earth
Gama Bomb- Citizen Brain
Hatchet- Awaiting Evil
Toxic Holocaust- An Overdose of Death
Warbringer- War without End
Bonded by Blood- Feed the Beast

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 7:05 pm

Warrior Soul - Destroy The War Machine
Motorhead - Motorizer
Metallica - Death Magnetic
Bad Biscut - We Still Believe The Hype
Dokken - Lightning Strikes Again
Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning
Tesla - Forever More
AC/DC - Black Ice

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 11:53 pm

Death Angel - Killing Season
Agalloch - The White
Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God
Enforcer - Into The Night
Grand Magus - Iron Will
The Sword - Gods Of The Earth
Testament - The Formation Of Damnation
Enslaved - Vertebrae
Warbringer - War Without End
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose Of Death
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 2:01 pm

People rank Death Angel high. I LOVE Death Angel. They are my new favourite band. But this is possibly my least favourite album by them.

It does speak volumes about the quality of their output.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 4:11 pm

Loudness - Metal Mad
Testament - The Formation of Damnation
Laaz Rockit - Left for Dead
Metal Church - This Present Wasteland
Helstar - The King of Hell
Rage - Carved in Stone
Paradox - Electrify
Exciter - Thrash Speed Burn
Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 4:16 pm

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 4:36 pm

#10 Dokken - Lightning Strikes Again
#9 Tesla - Forever More
#8 Yngwie Malmsteen - Perpetual Flame
#7 AC/DC - Black Ice
#6 Metallica - Death Magnetic
#5 The Sword - Gods of Earth
#4 Motörhead - Motörizer
#3 Whitesnake - Good To Be Bad
#2 Testament - The Formation of Damnation
#1 Death Angel - Killing Season
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 4:41 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

#5 The Sword - Gods of Earth
I once ordered and paid for this release. That was over a decade ago. I never received the CD, and have never even heard it. I can't remember, but I probably got a full refund. But that's my experience with the Sword.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2023 3:01 pm

Avenger Of Blood - Death Brigade
Bonded By Blood - Feed the Beast
Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain
Hatchet - Awaiting Evil
Motorhead - Motorizer
Toxic Holocaust - An Overdose of Death
Warbringer - War Without End
Warpath - Damnation

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2023 12:57 pm

Avenger of Blood - Death Brigade (yes I am biased LOL)
Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge
Exciter - Thrash Speed Burn
Bloodbath - Unblessing the Purity
Dismember - Dismember
Unleashed - Hammer Battalion
Venom - Hell
DragonForce - Ultra Beatdown
Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008   Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite Hard Rock/Metal Released In 2008
Page 1 of 1