Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Overkill song “Wicked Place”

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
progrickey
haiduk
Lurideath
Lari
Gilbert
Troublezone
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 2:20 am

Good album. But like Metallica with RTL and MoP, they will never surpass The Years of Decay and Horrorscope (in my opinion).

007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 6:09 am

This album smokes!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 12:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Good album. But like Metallica with RTL and MoP, they will never surpass The Years of Decay and Horrorscope (in my opinion).
How could you possibly know that?

What if they release the best album ever, by anyone?
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 11:36 am

This is a phenomenal album! I haven’t really been big into Overkill post-Horrorscope, but this album SMOKES. Some of the songs even remind me of the classic era.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2023 1:57 am

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
How could you possibly know that?

What if they release the best album ever, by anyone?

I’m speaking for myself. My opinion. “The best” to me may not be the best to someone else…

I’ve heard everything they’ve done since Horrorscope and while most albums are very good, there was a certain magic they had from 1987 to 91.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2023 10:31 am

Ordered my copy of Scorched this past Friday. Hopefully it will be in my hands by the end of this week.

Resisting the urge to listen to the entire album on YouTube in the meantime, I want it to be "fresh" (aside from the handful of songs they sneak peeked prior to release) when I get it!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2023 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ordered my copy of Scorched this past Friday. Hopefully it will be in my hands by the end of this week.

Resisting the urge to listen to the entire album on YouTube in the meantime, I want it to be "fresh" (aside from the handful of songs they sneak peeked prior to release) when I get it!

I too have avoided listening to the entire album on YouTube. Makes the first spin much more enjoyable headbanger headbanger .

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2023 11:44 pm

The new Overkill kicks ass!

Got my copy in the mail today. It may be the best thing they’ve done since Horrorscope.

nevermore likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2023 6:58 pm

Troublezone wrote:
The new Overkill kicks ass!

Got my copy in the mail today. It may be the best thing they’ve done since Horrorscope.

I finally have a copy on the way.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2023 11:31 am

Better than the last few, but still kinda/sorta in that Ellsworth/Verni wash... rinse... repeat... rut scratch

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2023 2:33 pm

I think Scorched has a lot more melody than the last couple of records, which were more full-bore, crush-kill-destroy thrash.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2023 4:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I think Scorched has a lot more melody than the last couple of records, which were more full-bore, crush-kill-destroy thrash.

I agree!

Starting with the Maiden style intro riff of the title track to the anthemic feel of Won’t be Comin Back. The biggest surprise is the song “Fever”. It sounds like a seductive scene in a vampire movie. Kinda creepy but also dream-like. That’s why I compare this album to Horrorscope… there is more diversity.

Not to mention the Sabbath style romp of Wicked Place. Which is very reminiscent of their classic tune Spiritual Void. Twist of the Wick is an instant Overkill classic! It’s catchy, aggressive and the monk chant part adds a dark touch of doom. As usual, Dave Linsk is shredding some nice solos throughout the whole album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2023 11:04 am

I think I jumped the gun when I said it’s the best since Horrorscope…

While it’s another quality album from Overkill, they all have their own strengths. But this one doesn’t have a balls out crushing thrasher like most of the previous efforts. This album was more of a nod to Sabbath and classic metal.

I also don’t think the new drummer Jason Bittner does any better than the last guy. Ron Lipnicki had very fast feet with double bass!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Overkill song “Wicked Place”
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2