Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wicked Maraya

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Wicked Maraya Empty
PostSubject: Wicked Maraya   Wicked Maraya Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 2:18 am

Looks like the old thread was deleted. Anyway, I was checking online for some stuff on these guys and came across a MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/wickedmaraya

Check out the killer unreleased song! I guess an album was done before Cycles that was never released. Unfortunate. Because "Sounds Of Evil" sounds killer! Also, there's a blog entry that suggests the band is writing under the Wicked Maraya name again, for a new album at some point. Interesting.

There's also a recent interview on the page with the singer where he basically says the Maraya albums were done to basically try and break into the American mainstream (not a surprise if you've heard the albums). He seems to regret not continuing on with the Wicked Maraya sound. Yeah well, I regret it too. That album is frickin' awesome. So maybe they could pull off another album like Cycles? Who knows. But I hope someone steps up and releases the unreleased album!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Wicked Maraya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicked Maraya   Wicked Maraya Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 9:34 am

Me and my friends used to love this band back in high school. Cycles was awesome. Almost like old Crimson Glory.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

Wicked Maraya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicked Maraya   Wicked Maraya Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:52 pm

Cycles is an awesome album! I hated when they changed the name and their sound.
Back to top Go down

Wicked Maraya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicked Maraya   Wicked Maraya Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Did you check out that pre-Cycles song on their MySpace page? Man, it's killer!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Wicked Maraya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicked Maraya   Wicked Maraya Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Me and my friends used to love this band back in high school. Cycles was awesome. Almost like old Crimson Glory.

Old Crimson Glory? Sweet! Never heard this band but it sounds like something I would dig.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Wicked Maraya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicked Maraya   Wicked Maraya Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Old Crimson Glory? Sweet! Never heard this band but it sounds like something I would dig.
http://www.funkette.com/wicked-maraya.html

Download the whole album there. That was the singer's previous cover band. Laugh at the name, but not the gig. Check out the pictures, seems like a pretty fun deal. Haha.

Anyway, not sure if they're like Crimson Glory, but they've always sort of sounded like a cross between early Queensryche and Alice In Chains.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Wicked Maraya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicked Maraya   Wicked Maraya Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

http://www.funkette.com/wicked-maraya.html

Download the whole album there. That was the singer's previous cover band. Laugh at the name, but not the gig. Check out the pictures, seems like a pretty fun deal. Haha.

Anyway, not sure if they're like Crimson Glory, but they've always sort of sounded like a cross between early Queensryche and Alice In Chains.

Thanx, I'll give it a shot when I'm @ home in a bit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wicked Maraya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wicked Maraya   Wicked Maraya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wicked Maraya
Page 1 of 1