Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiss - Creatures of the Night

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Kiss - Creatures of the Night Empty
PostSubject: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2022 6:43 pm

Geez!

This thing is loaded with bonus and previously unreleased tracks. Anyone planning to buy it? It’s definitely my favorite Kiss album.

https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/collections/kiss/products/kiss-creatures-of-the-night-40th-anniversary-super-deluxe-edition-cd-box-set

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2022 6:48 pm

I just saw the price. $300 Shocked
I’ll pass on that version!

I think I might just get the “basic” one (if they have it) for the updated sound. They might throw in a few extra tracks…
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 10:11 am

Yeah man, that's one of their best albums and that would be cool to have, but no way am I forking out that kind of dough for it. I can barely afford to get regular releases nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 10:23 am

Creatures is one of my favorite Kiss albums.

That box set does indeed look sweet as hell, but not for three hundred bucks. Gene and Paul have got more than enough of my money already! Razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2022 10:34 am

I'd love to have it. But it's way too expensive for me.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2022 5:55 pm

It was the one KISS album that me and my pals
listened to in the winter.
I think they played a concert in Boston that winter.
All my pals like different songs too - so that was strange.
I loved “ Danger “.
And there was this heavy duty talk - that ACE was out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 3:26 am

I think they did put out a double cd version. Might pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 3:27 am

Glower wrote:

It was the one KISS album that me and my pals
listened to in the winter.
I think they played a concert in Boston that winter.
All my pals like different songs too - so that was strange.
I loved “ Danger “.
And there was this heavy duty talk - that ACE was out.

That's one of my favourite Kiss songs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 7:08 am

Eric Carr’s drums are massive on Creatures. My favorite tunes are: I Love it Loud and War Machine.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 7:09 am

Gilbert wrote:
I think they did put out a double cd version. Might pick it up.

I will probably get that version as well.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 7:20 am

Anyone notice how the German version of this reissue changed the traditional lighting bolts of the Kiss logo? Petty woke bs… the Japanese version still has them. It’s not like anyone believes Gene and Paul are Nazis. Laughing very hard

Kiss - Creatures of the Night D9203a10

The Lightning bolts simply look cooler than the alternative blocky version.

Kiss - Creatures of the Night 6bf0a910

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 7:35 am

Troublezone wrote:
Anyone notice how the German version of this reissue changed the traditional lighting bolts of the Kiss logo? Petty woke bs…

That's nothing new, they've been using that alternate logo in Germany for years. I have a German pressing of the KISS Killers compilation CD with that logo.

Though its obviously unintentional, the "S's" in the traditional KISS logo bear a resemblance to the SS symbol used by the Nazis, and pretty much anything that nods to that era is illegal in Germany. So at some point they (or their German record label) were probably told "you can't use that."

So rather than risk any unfortunate associations, the KISS logo has always looked like that there.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-german-logo/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 7:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Anyone notice how the German version of this reissue changed the traditional lighting bolts of the Kiss logo? Petty woke bs…

That's nothing new, they've been using that alternate logo in Germany for years. I have a German pressing of the KISS Killers compilation CD with that logo.

Though its obviously unintentional, the "S's" in the traditional KISS logo bear a resemblance to the SS symbol used by the Nazis, and Germany is understandably touchy about anything that nods to that era. So at some point they (or their German record labrl) were probably told "you can't use that."

So rather than risk any unfortunate associations, the KISS logo has always looked like that there.

How do you explain Klaus Schwab? He looks like a legit Nazi. Germany doesn’t seem to care.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 7:46 am

German fans probably just buy a Japanese import with the original logo. Unless the mail is monitored in their post offices. That would be ironic.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 7:47 am

Quote :
How do you explain Klaus Schwab? He looks like a legit Nazi. Germany doesn’t seem to care.

Who? (shrug)

Never heard of him. What Kiss albums did he play on? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 9:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Who? (shrug)

Never heard of him. What Kiss albums did he play on? Very Happy

He’s unholy.

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2022 11:05 am

Eric Carr’s drumming on “Creatures” -
is up there with John Henry Bonham’s “ Levee ”.
L O U D !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2022 4:11 pm

Glower wrote:
Eric Carr’s drumming on “Creatures” -
is up there with John Henry Bonham’s “ Levee ”.
L O U D !

Best drum sound KISS ever had on an album, bar none.

Troublezone and metalinmyveins like this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 3:58 pm

I got this set as a belated birthday/early Christmas present!!

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 6:22 pm

nevermore wrote:
I got this set as a belated birthday/early Christmas present!!

Awesome! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 6:51 pm

That's the only way I'd ever get it
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2022 1:44 pm

I saw this tour at Irvine Meadows with Crue opening.

I will stick with the memories.
Do not get the high prices for some current box sets by certain bands.
Dropping the price a hundred bucks might get several hundred to a couple of thousand more buyers?

PostSubject: Re: Kiss - Creatures of the Night   Kiss - Creatures of the Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiss - Creatures of the Night
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: