Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Empty
PostSubject: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:11 pm

So it was a big weekend for KISS in Detroit! On Thursday, the band filmed live footage for the "Modern Day Delilah" single at Cobo Hall, then they played the first two shows of the tour on Friday and Saturday. I was at the Saturday show!

What a show! The band played almost all of "Alive!" with a couple of exceptions... they played "Modern Day Delilah" early in the set, and they left out "Rock Bottom." But..... after "Rock & Roll All Night," the band left the stage, (having NOT played Let Me Go Rock & Roll). Then they came back on, and Paul said something along the lines of, "You know how you wait for a band to come out for an encore, then the play one and leave, and you wait, and they come back, and then leave, and you wait, and they come back again? We're not gonna do that tonight. We're only coming out once -- but it's gonna be the longest encore ever!"

And it was AWESOME! The played almost another whole set, with non-alive classics, including Love Gun, Shout It Out Loud, I Love It Loud, Lick It Up...and of course, closed with Detroit Rock City. Oh, and they did play Let Me Go during this part of the show.

The stage was awesome -- the new costumes were awesome (although they're pretty much composites from past costumes) and there was a TON of pyro, and all the usual stage theatrics. The only hitch in the show was that when Gene went to fly, the rig didn't work .Gene lifted a couple of feet of the ground, then was stuck hanging there with his feet just barely off the ground. Felt bad for him!

The band did come out and take their bows at an odd time -- BEFORE the encore -- but it made sense because they filmed the two cobo shows for an upcoming DVD (which makes the 2nd KISS show on a DVD that I was at, the other being Tiger Stadium '96).

Overall and AMAZING show -- those who are gonna catch this tour will love it!

Oh, and I didn't buy the instant live recording yet (since it's easily obtainable on the website) but it is thirty bucks! KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_evil I can't remember for sure, but I thought it was only twenty bucks at the RTN tour in 2004... But that's my only complaint with the show!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:10 pm

I was there Friday night. Set list was slightly different, here's my review w/ set list: http://metalexcess.com/2009/09/26/concert-review-kiss-buckcherry/

How was traffic/crowd outside the building? I guess there was a hockey game Friday night and that added to the mess for us.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Shucks! So far, there's only one date in Ohio and it's on a school night...tomorrow! Grrr! KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Angry
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:43 pm

Just over two weeks until I see the show at Verizon Center!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:06 pm

Quote :
How was traffic/crowd outside the building? I guess there was a hockey game Friday night and that added to the mess for us.

It was shockingly low-key around town... it was easy in, easy out. 'Course, we'd gone to the Stryper show in Mt. Clemens the night before, and traffic was awful, so getting to the KISS show might have just seemed easy in comparison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:11 am

Quote :
The only hitch in the show was that when Gene went to fly, the rig didn't work .Gene lifted a couple of feet of the ground, then was stuck hanging there with his feet just barely off the ground. Felt bad for him!

Somebody got fired that night... KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Lol
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 11:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
The only hitch in the show was that when Gene went to fly, the rig didn't work .Gene lifted a couple of feet of the ground, then was stuck hanging there with his feet just barely off the ground. Felt bad for him!

Somebody got fired that night... KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Lol

Hah, s Spinal Tap moment for sure! Let's see them include that in the videos! Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 pm

My show had a funny bit as well, this time involving Paul.

After he zipped out into the crowd to do "Love Gun", towards the end of the song, either his mike stand fell or he knocked it over on purpose. Either way, he motioned a few times for one of the crew members to get it. No one did. So he kicked it in anger towards the edge of the platform and finally someone ran up and grabbed it. He was visibly upset, it was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Man, you guys are lucky! They're playing in Atlanta next month, but that's a 6 hour round trip for me, so I think I'm going to pass this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)   KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS at Cobo Hall last night! (Warning: Spoilers!)
Page 1 of 1