Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brainstorm: scary creatures

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
Lari
Gilbert
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Brainstorm: scary creatures Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 12:41 pm

great start for 2016! german power metallers will release their new studio album, Scary Creatures, on january 15, 2016.

enjoy the samples:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 7:40 pm

How was the previous one, "Firesoul"? I still didn't pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:26 am

Lari wrote:
How was the previous one, "Firesoul"? I still didn't pick it up.

Firesoul is a very good album.

I was busy catching up on their early catalogue, so I totally ignored the last two.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:57 pm

I have most of Brainstorm's catalog and think that they are all very good albums.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 5:19 pm

What I've heard after Liquid Monster just doesn't seem to have the same great mix of melody and aggression that that album has.  The tracks above aren't bad but they just don't have a lot of strong melody IMO.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
What I've heard after Liquid Monster just doesn't seem to have the same great mix of melody and aggression that that album has.  The tracks above aren't bad but they just don't have a lot of strong melody IMO.

i am with toho on this one. I thought the last few were very pedestrian...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 2:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Liquid Monster is easily their catchiest album. They definitely haven't been able to achieve that kind of greatness since, though all of the subsequent albums are still quite good. And they've all had some very catchy tunes.

These two new songs, though, just aren't clicking with me. They're decent, but...I don't know, just not all that impressive, especially for lead-off singles/samples. =(

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 10:59 pm

I don't know, heard some samples of this one and it sounds very promising...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 9:35 am

I recently picked this one up. Yes, nothing has touched Liquid Monster yet, which is pretty close to a metal masterpiece, but the new one is very solid. I give it an 8+/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorm: scary creatures   Brainstorm: scary creatures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brainstorm: scary creatures
Page 1 of 1