Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vains of Jenna Call It Quits

Go down 
+5
Mglaffas81
Eyesore
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Empty
PostSubject: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm not all that familair with the band, but there's probably some fans here that will care about this news via Twitter...

Vains Of Jenna calls it quits

After 7 years, we have amicably and mutually decided to end Vains Of Jenna.

There's no drama behind the decision. We simply feel like it is time to move on in our lives and close this chapter. It has been a truly amazing journey for us over the years and we are grateful for the opportunity to do what we've done with this band.

A huge thanks to everyone involved, all of our supporters, and of course all of our fans from around the world. We love you.

1,2,3,4 THE END!!!

Nicki, Jacki, JP and Jesse

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Read about this the other day. It's a shame, they were really good and were getting better.

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:12 pm

I saw this on sleazeroxx. Never did really get into them though for some reason.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I saw this on sleazeroxx. Never did really get into them though for some reason.
They weren't that great. They had all the right ingredients, but lacked really memorable songs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
They weren't that great. They had all the right ingredients, but lacked really memorable songs.

Yeah, that was pretty much my impression. Listening to them I kept thinking "why am I not digging this more" and I came to the conclusion that it was lack of memorability.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 pm

.....who??
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:15 pm

I always viewed them as a third tier sleaze/glam act. Sleep no big loss as far as I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:42 pm

I tried to like them there was something about them that just didn't click with me!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:10 am

Did any of you catch their Reverse Tripped album of covers? Great stuff. They were moving towards a sound more inspired by that than the sleaze from the first album.

Even the oddities collection they released recently was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 am

Had I not seen them on an episode of Viva La Bam years ago, I would have never known who they were. When I heard their music, it didn't leave much of an impression on me...
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

.....who??

Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Jenna
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Did any of you catch their Reverse Tripped album of covers? Great stuff. They were moving towards a sound more inspired by that than the sleaze from the first album.

I looked up Reverse Tripped. Some odd choices to cover.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I looked up Reverse Tripped. Some odd choices to cover.

I thought so too but it turned out very well. It was their first release with the new singer, who is a better suit for those kind of songs. As far as cover albums go, it's one of the best, I think. And one of my favorite albums overall from last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vains of Jenna Call It Quits   Vains of Jenna Call It Quits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vains of Jenna Call It Quits
Page 1 of 1