Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Unknown Prog Band

Go down 
+2
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Best Unknown Prog Band Empty
PostSubject: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 12:37 pm

Progressive metal band Pagans Mind new cd is set for release next month. It seems like too many ppl don't know of this band.

Pagans Mind consists of Jorn Viggo guitars (Jorn,Beautiful SIn), Stian Krisoffersen drums (Jorn,Firewind,Kings Quest), Nils K. Rue vocals (Eidolon), Ronny Tegnor keyboards(Jorn), Steinar Krokmo bass (Jorn,Beautiful SIn)

Here is a link to there new video off the new record God's Equation the song is called Atomic Firelight

http://www.pagansmind.com/index2.htm

You can also check them out at www.myspace.com/pagansmind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 2:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:45 pm

They're far from unknown, and I'm not convinced they are prog yet.

My vote goes to MERCURY RISING.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:37 pm

I haven't seen much here about Einstein or Timestorm, two bands that I like. Einstein was a jazzy but heavy band with a girl bass player. Timestorm was an Italian band similar to Rhapsody, but not as grandiose. Others like Altura, Lemur Voice, Ice Age occur to me, but I don't really know whether they are unknown or not.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:38 pm

I'd consider Pagan's Mind more progressive/power in nature.

Some unknown prog bands are Terra Sur, Pathosray, Darkwater, Darksun, Twinspirit, Waterclime...............

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Wargod48 wrote:

Some unknown prog bands are Terra Sur, Pathosray, Darkwater, Darksun, Twinspirit, Waterclime...............

Wargod48
Pathosray is awesome. Ken Golden's most recent gem of a signing. Darkwater is also killer! The others except for Terra Sur (who I've not heard of) are on my want list.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48
Pathosray is awesome. Ken Golden's most recent gem of a signing. Darkwater is also killer! The others except for Terra Sur (who I've not heard of) are on my want list.

You can go the thier myspace site and when there go to the blog, from there you can DL their debut CD for free. It's an awesome cd!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Listening now. They sound cool. Ah, but I hate downloads. Haha.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:51 pm

Best unknown progressive band?

Psychotic Waltz

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:10 am

Torman Maxt is pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:12 am

Enslaved is known as a black metal band, but try to call their last 2 records black, they are so more prog influenced.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:16 am

ultmetal wrote:
Best unknown progressive band?

Psychotic Waltz
They get my vote. They're so unknown I can't find anything by them. Sad I own Devon's solo CD (under the name Buddy Lackey), which is wicked rare, but can't find a single Psychotic Waltz album. Pffft!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Unknown Prog Band   Best Unknown Prog Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Unknown Prog Band
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: