Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prog band called "Three"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Prog band called "Three"? Empty
PostSubject: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 8:24 am

I caught a commercial on Headbangers Ball this weekend for a prog band called "Three". I liked what I heard on the commercial a lot. But I can't find a website to save my life. Especially since they have such a generic name.

Anybody know anything about them or have a link?

EDIT: Nevermind found it. Its ok, not that great.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:14 am

What's the link?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:19 am

There used to be a prog rock band called 3 that featured some of the ex-ELP guys plus Robert Berry.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 11:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
What's the link?

http://www.myspace.com/3

I dare say most here won't like it at all. I heard a snippet of the first song on the list and it reminded me of Circus Maximus....so therefore I HAD to follow up on it and check it out.

Most of that first song is decent for what it is, but at times the singer sounds ultra girly. I checked out part of the second song and it didn't do anything for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:17 pm

My friend gushes over this band, but they do nothing for me. I don't think they sound anything like Circus Maximus, though.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:29 pm

After listening to the songs on myspace, I agree. I heard about 10 seconds of one song on a commercial on headbangers ball from that first song on their myspace page. It reminded me of Circus Maximus, I didn't say it sounded like them. The snip had similar elements that I liked from CM like a smooth controled vocal delivery and what at the time sounded like proggy rock/metal without prissy keyboards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 1:43 pm

Ah, gotcha. I can't wait for the new Circus Maximus album!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 6:39 pm

Very commercial sounding, and the new Circus Maximus is good!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prog band called "Three"?   Prog band called "Three"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prog band called "Three"?
Page 1 of 1