Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much do we spent on buying music each month?

Go down 
+15
Igor
mc666
exact33
Wargod
Hamer12
7thSecond
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Rex
Chairman_Smith
scottmitchell74
Temple of Blood
krokus
sovdat
MetalGuy71
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:26 pm

spectrefate wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

Good for you! That really is one of the ways people just piss money away without ever realizing it....
...that way or from a raging cocaine habit...
That's where the rest of my check goes.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 4:29 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 5:39 pm

About 80 to 100 bucks a month.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 7:42 pm

Well if I round it out most likely 600-700 a month, helps that I moved closer to my work and my apt/elec/gas have all been reduced so that helps with more cds/dvds!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 8:42 pm

Quote :
600-700 a month

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 10:23 pm

I don't spend diddly squat on music anymore.

Movies; however, are a different story.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 11:18 pm

depends on the month for me. I am pretty much wrapping up most of the cds ill buy this year (with some exceptions) and i sell/trade alot too.

If i had to put a dollar amount I would have to say @ $100/month average. October i bought a lot but other months not so much...

and yes - i learned quickly about budgeting for soda. It is amazing that you can spend $1.25 on one soda but if you are willing to buy a 12 pack for $2.99 you can bring one in each day, put it in a cold container w/ice and save soooo much money...

Alex

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:27 am

between my wife & myself, we spent close to $200 this month. still about 5 days to go too.

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 3:30 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Well if I round it out most likely 600-700 a month, helps that I moved closer to my work and my apt/elec/gas have all been reduced so that helps with more cds/dvds!

Wargod48
Shocked

I take it you're not a lunchlady.
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:42 am

200-300 USD monthly
gossip
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 5:52 am

80 - 100 Euros monthly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 10:58 am

My wife is very conservative and she really balances me out.

If it were up to me (not now, but back before I had much sense with money), I'd have blown thousands on cds each month.

Now I have a budget of $120.00 per month on cds. Compared to most people - this might seem like a lot, but collecting cds is my first and major hobby!

It's funny ... I was reading some of the comments above - and I have to agree. It's amazing how much money a person can just simply 'blow' on food or other things. My wife and I stopped going out to eat a while back. We just eat at home now and only go to restaurants on special occasions. It's amazing the money we've saved. People are just not very wise with their money these days.

Some people would probably think it boring of us because we don't go out to eat much and don't frivolously spend our money. But I have a very nice house paid for. I also have a brand new truck and car in my garage - paid for. I have no debt at all. I operate with cash for everything including large purchases.

However, if I just squandered my money away - this would never be the case. Wisdom is such a needed commodity in our culture today. If people operated with wisdom concerning their finances, nobody would ever be poor.

Foolishness always goes hand in hand with poverty. Wisdom goes hand in hand with riches.

But back to the topic at hand. I spend approximately $120.00 a month on cds. There are times I wish I could spend more, but I'm glad I limit myself to a budget. It makes the cds I do get all the more special to me. I also buy a lot of 'used' stuff. This helps me get more for my money. I probably only buy about 2 new releases a month, so I'm quite careful what I purchase. I only buy those new albums that I know will be favorites. The rest of the stuff I can pick up used.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 11:39 am

Quote :
It makes the cds I do get all the more special
to me. I also buy a lot of 'used' stuff. This helps me get more for my
money. I probably only buy about 2 new releases a month, so I'm quite
careful what I purchase. I only buy those new albums that I know will
be favorites.

This is my exact experience.......I only buy things I think will be keepers and only keep things that turn out to be so.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:19 pm

blackieboy wrote:
If people operated with wisdom concerning their finances, nobody would ever be poor.
not to go off topic, but that's the silliest thing i've ever read. surely it applies in many cases, but to state that "nobody would ever be poor" is illusioning.

anyway, we also go to lots of flea markets, garage & yard sales, and auctions & buy lots of used & bulk collections when we get the opportunity. of course, i end up throwing some dupes in the garbage each month. small price to pay though.

Last edited by on Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:51 pm

I'd say I'm in the 200-300 a month category

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 1:48 pm

7thSecond wrote:
krokus wrote:
Seed of Pain wrote:
sovdat wrote:
Seed of Pain wrote:
My fiancee doesn't mind me buying lots of stuff.... luckily Smile

Sure, as long as the wedding ring is included lol! just kidding

lol!

She knows who she is marrying.... a music freak Smile Then again she loves rock/metal music as well..... so no harm done... she buys a few cds herself each month as well....

Same with my lady, she loves metal and hard rock too. Her fave bands are SAVATAGE, ICED EARTH without ripper owens, DREAM THEATER, BRUCE DICKINSON, MEGADETH, old SLAYER, TIERRA SANTA, SARATOGA and a long etc...i could not be with a girl that doesnt like metal. Its to important to me and when i go to concerts she loves to come with me and have a great time.
It's more important then you all even know that your woman like metal. I really wish I had that luxury. I stated the situation I'm going through in the "What do your parents think of metal" thread if you're interested. I warn you though my wife did like the music and look back when got married. They can and will sometimes change on you. I always find it strange though how she still loves the look on the bands/guys she liked just not on me. She'd of gladly married one of them I bet and never said a word. Funny what money, fame or playing in a band does to women. Just so you get an idea here is what I look like. How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 PimpinHat

Nice photo Very Happy , anyway, i didnt read that post about WHAT DO YOU PARENTS THINK....but i am going to check it out. Thanks for your message. Take care.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 3:31 pm

Usually between $100 to $200 a month.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 4:03 pm

it depends on each month whether i get to visit a good vd shop because there are no good ones whre i live so far this month i bought two cds both by nightwish for 18.51 pounds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do we spent on buying music each month?   How much do we spent on buying music each month? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much do we spent on buying music each month?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2