Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble

Go down 
+8
John Madden
Fat Freddy
Glower
nevermore
Troublezone
Required Fields
Gilbert
12 posters

Candlemass or Trouble
Candlemass
New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Vote_lcap47%New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Trouble
New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Vote_lcap53%New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Vote_rcap
 53% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Empty
PostSubject: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 11:56 pm

I was never the biggest doom metal fan, but that kinda changed after i discovered Candlemass and Pentagram a few years ago (love it when doom musicians speed up the tempo!)

I lately started getting into Trouble, and found out how good this band is. Picked up their s/t and Psalm 9, and have two more on the way.

Now, back to the poll!

Last edited by Gilbert on Sun May 15, 2022 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 11:57 pm

Candlemass!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 2:53 am

Trouble!

They are more than just doom. Eric Wagner’s voice was iconic, and his lyrics were like soul searching poetry. Not to mention the brilliant guitar team of Franklin/Wartell.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 3:01 am

As far as classic doom goes… nothing touches Psalm 9 (except early Sabbath).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 5:51 am

I own 2 Trouble releases and only 1 Candlemass, so Trouble by default.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 4:14 pm

I have to vote Trouble.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 5:17 am

I saw TROUBLE live. They opened for King Diamond. The Abigail tour in 87 ?
Anyways, I walked into the club and TROUBLE were already playing.
I stopped in my tracks and stared at the stage. Only about 200 of us there.

However. In this poll. I have to go with Candlemass.
Singer Messiah Marcolin is simply haunting.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Candlemass
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 4:20 pm

I love Trouble, but Candlemass never really clicked with me.

I have one Candlemass album (Ancient Dreams) and it's OK, but doesn't get played very often. I've owned a couple of others over the years but they weren't "keepers."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed May 18, 2022 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 6:26 pm

Trouble's 1990 self-titled and Psalm 9 are amazing albums. I like Candlemass, their self titled from 2005 is pretty decent but the 'ol coach has TROUBLE winning the Super Bowl of Doom here.New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Fef84233-4465-4db5-acc9-49147311000a_1.4eeead42dcfe6a0fdcbdfdac68c67e0f
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 1:02 am

To be honest, I never like Messiah’s overuse of vibrato. Robert Lowe is much better.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 12:41 pm

Troublezone wrote:
To be honest, I never like Messiah’s overuse of vibrato. Robert Lowe is much better.

To me, I never felt Robert quite fit in with Candlemass.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 5:34 pm

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I was just referring to his singing style. Messiah was too clean and operatic for my taste. Ozzy and Eric Wagner had that rough around the edges approach that makes the music sound darker.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 2:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I was just referring to his singing style. Messiah was too clean and operatic for my taste. Ozzy and Eric Wagner had that rough around the edges approach that makes the music sound darker.

I get what you're saying. I think Messiah's operatic style gave Candlemass the more epic style of doom. Robert is a fantastic singer. If anyone ever needed proof just look at all the classic Solitude Aeternus stuff he was on.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 4:34 pm

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I get what you're saying. I think Messiah's operatic style gave Candlemass the more epic style of doom. Robert is a fantastic singer. If anyone ever needed proof just look at all the classic Solitude Aeternus stuff he was on.

I also see your point of view. I guess the operatic vocals are not my cup of tea. The closest to operatic I like is classic Bruce Dickinson. And maybe some of Halford’s singing before he discovered his Painkiller voice.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 9:13 pm

nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I need to check out this Solitude Aeternus band.

Troublezone and Glower like this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 11:31 pm

Hard choice, but I picked Candlemass. Both bands are up there in my favorites, but I seem to relate more with Candlemass than I do with Trouble. Plus I think they have a much larger and more impressive body of work than Trouble. Both bands get plenty of play from me though, and will until I die. Love them both.

nevermore likes this post

Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 10:09 pm

R.I.P. Eric Wagner
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 11:01 pm

Pentagram!

I voted for Trouble.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2022 11:26 pm

As much as I've grown to love Candlemass, it's definitely Trouble!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble   New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New poll: Candlemass vs Trouble
Page 1 of 1