Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Edge magazine (online)

Go down 
+3
Gilbert
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Metal Edge magazine (online) Empty
PostSubject: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 1:54 am

I just found out that Metal Edge is back (but online only).

A cool Henry Rollins interview is featured.

https://www.metaledgemag.com/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 2:03 am

Awesome. Will read through it.

Thanks for sharing TZ.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 10:02 am

Gilbert wrote:
Awesome. Will read through it.

Thanks for sharing TZ.

No problem!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 2:55 pm

Metal Edge was usually my go to mag back in the day, mainly because it was the most readily available.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 3:17 pm

I always preferred Metal Maniacs and UK mags like Metal Forces and Metal Hammer, but I still bought Metal Edge fairly regularly, esp in the early/mid 90s when info about 80s bands like Dokken, Kix, Savatage, etc. was hard to find.

I actually got a letter printed in their mail section once, I bitched them out for putting Rage Against the Machine on the cover. Laughing very hard It's cringey as hell when I read it back now, but at the time I probably thought I was striking a blow for "real" metal or whatever .Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 4:41 pm

I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2022 6:14 pm

Now if they only brought Metal Maniacs back!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 10:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I always preferred Metal Maniacs and UK mags like Metal Forces and Metal Hammer, but I still bought Metal Edge fairly regularly, esp in the early/mid 90s when info about 80s bands like Dokken, Kix, Savatage, etc. was hard to find.

I actually got a letter printed in their mail section once, I bitched them out for putting Rage Against the Machine on the cover. Laughing very hard It's cringey as hell when I read it back now, but at the time I probably thought I was striking a blow for "real" metal or whatever .Very Happy

Eh, Metal Edge frequently covered bands like Bon Jovi and Poison, and had them on the cover, even during the late 1990s/2000s. Those bands are the furthest thing from "real metal".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 10:07 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Now if they only brought Metal Maniacs back!!!

I actually got my name in Metal Maniacs and their "Shorts" section in the 2000s, which was basically for making metalhead friends, some band promotions, and so on and so forth. I remember I indicated in my entry that I only wanted women writing to me, but the staff of the magazine edited that part out for some reason. I guess they saw the list of bands that I was into (a long list that included a very large number of death metal and thrash metal bands), and they predicted I might not get any females to write to me with those bands being my general taste.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 10:47 am

Required Fields wrote:

Eh, Metal Edge frequently covered bands like Bon Jovi and Poison, and had them on the cover, even during the late 1990s/2000s. Those bands are the furthest thing from "real metal".

Yeah, I knew all that, but I just really, really, REALLY hated Rage Against The Machine back then, and seeing them on the cover of a so-called "Metal" mag made something in me snap, I couldn't help myself. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 11:56 am

Required Fields wrote:

I actually got my name in Metal Maniacs and their "Shorts" section in the 2000s, which was basically for making metalhead friends, some band promotions, and so on and so forth. I remember I indicated in my entry that I only wanted women writing to me, but the staff of the magazine edited that part out for some reason. I guess they saw the list of bands that I was into (a long list that included a very large number of death metal and thrash metal bands), and they predicted I might not get any females to write to me with those bands being my general taste.

My name was in Metal Maniacs a few times too. I wrote a lot of letters to magazines/fanzines back then and Maniacs printed several of mine in the late 90s/early 00s.

True story: after Maniacs printed a couple of my letters, I sent them another one and then-editor Jeff Wagner emailed me to let me know they were going to run that one too, but they had to cut part of it for space restraints, or whatever.

...at the time, I was fishing around half heartedly trying to find freelance writing gigs (none of which ever panned out...) and I figured if I didn't take this shot I'd never forgive myself, so I emailed him back like "That's fine, but hey, as long as I have your attention, any chance of me reviewing a couple of CDs  for the mag? You print every letter I send you, so you must like the way I write..." .

He responded like "Um... well, we're pretty happy with the staff we have right now, but if anything opens up, I'll keep you in mind..." and of course that was the last I ever heard from him.

Broke my friggin' heart, man! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 2:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

My name was in Metal Maniacs a few times too. I wrote a lot of letters to magazines/fanzines back then and Maniacs printed several of mine in the late 90s/early 00s.

True story: after Maniacs printed a couple of my letters, I sent them another one and then-editor Jeff Wagner emailed me to let me know they were going to run that one too, but they had to cut part of it for space restraints, or whatever.

...at the time, I was fishing around half heartedly trying to find freelance writing gigs (none of which ever panned out...) and I figured if I didn't take this shot I'd never forgive myself, so I emailed him back like "That's fine, but hey, as long as I have your attention, any chance of me reviewing a couple of CDs  for the mag? You print every letter I send you, so you must like the way I write..." .

He responded like "Um... well, we're pretty happy with the staff we have right now, but if anything opens up, I'll keep you in mind..." and of course that was the last I ever heard from him.

Broke my friggin' heart, man! Laughing very hard

Now you have your reviews for us here! No paycheck… but we appreciate you.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 4:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Now you have your reviews for us here! No paycheck… but we appreciate you.

I definitely appreciate everyone here who does read my stuff! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Edge magazine (online)   Metal Edge magazine (online) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Edge magazine (online)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: