Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away

Go down 
+7
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
manny
Gilbert
Troublezone
Big Rich
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Empty
PostSubject: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Gerri was a staple of my youth. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last fall. RIP
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 2:09 am

Seen that name many times as a teen reading the metal mags.

Cancer has become too common in the music world since Dio passed. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 3:19 am

Rip. Not familiar with her nor her mag, but i was checking it out on the internet and it looked fun.

I miss reading metal magz.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40551

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 6:14 am

I probably read Metal Edge more than any other metal mag back in the day. Such a shame. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 7:31 am

I read tons of Metal Edge, and Gerri Miller was a huge fan of pop/hair metal, and during her reign at the magazine it sold tons and tons of copies. The one thing I hated in the magazine is they would have baby photos section of various bands.

After Metal Edge I am not sure what she did after that, but it is sad she has passed away. Cancer sucks
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 8:30 am

Aww that's a bummer. Metal Edge wasn't my favorite metal mag, but I still picked it up fairly regularly back in the day to keep up with what Dokken, Stryper, Kix, etc were up to. R.I.P.

I even had a letter printed in the mail section of Metal Edge once, but that was after Gerri's time there. If memory serves I bitched at them for putting Rage Against the Machine on the cover. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 10:39 am

RIP.

Metal Edge was one of those metal mags that managed to last into the 90s and still cover some traditional bands. I bought it a lot then but I completely ignored it in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 5:18 pm

Sad news. I read Metal Edge pretty regularly in the 80's. I had stopped picking up issues when Gerri stepped down as editor.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 12:32 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 7:44 pm

I saw this yesterday. Another person gone to the dreaded disease known as cancer. Fuck cancer! R.I.P. Gerri. I loved reading the articles and cutting the pics from Metal Edge to put into my locker in middle school/high school.
Back to top Go down
blazingstone
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2021 7:50 pm

Damn, just a couple years ago I saw her mentioned in the book "Rock and Roll War Stories", reminds me of when Tawn Mastrey died.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2021 6:13 pm

I remember it ceased publications around 2009. I hadn't seen an issue of it since high school, IIRC, but I was subscribed to Metal Maniacs, its heavier "sister" publication, in the late 2000s. Metal Edge and Metal Maniacs ceased publications around the same time. I remember no one got reimbursed of what was left of the subscription when the magazines had the plug pulled, at least for Metal Maniacs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away   Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Metal Edge Editor Gerri Miller has passed away
Page 1 of 1