Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Personal Preference #12

Go down 
+10
Fat Freddy
Lari
Glower
Gilbert
Troublezone
Leatherface
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
MetallicSeminarian
14 posters

Slayer or Exodus?
Slayer
Personal Preference #12 Vote_lcap71%Personal Preference #12 Vote_rcap
 71% [ 10 ]
Exodus
Personal Preference #12 Vote_lcap29%Personal Preference #12 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Personal Preference #12 Empty
PostSubject: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 12:31 pm

Slayer or Exodus? Whose catalog do you prefer over all?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Slayer
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 12:57 pm

FKING SSSSSSLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAYYYYYYEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Personal Preference #12 82702
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 1:46 pm

Slayer
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 1:47 pm

Nice to see how everyone is right on the money so far. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 2:52 pm

Slayer by far!

Seasons in the Abyss is one of my favorite albums. Not to mention, Tom Araya is badass! And Jeff Hanneman was one of the best songwriters.

I love Exodus too… but they are more hit and miss IMO.

MetallicSeminarian likes this post

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 3:02 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Slayer by far!

Seasons in the Abyss is one of my favorite albums. Not to mention, Tom Araya is badass! And Jeff Hanneman was one of the best songwriters.

I love Exodus too… but they are more hit and miss IMO.

Seasons is one of my favorites, as well.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 3:33 pm

Exodus for me
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Slayer headbanger headbanger

MetallicSeminarian likes this post

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 4:19 pm

Just voted. I thought it’d be closer.
Then the poll results were shown - lol.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 4:23 pm

Slayer's been an important band for me, so it's them even without ever deep diving into Exodus. I've only ever tried Shovel Headed Killing Machine and Bonded By Blood. I've held Tempo of the Damned CD in my hands a few times, and I feel like I must have sampled it, but ultimately I always find something more interesting to get into. Bonded By Blood is actually damn good though, but just not my thing. I just can't get through their later albums.

I don't like the barking vocals. I guess it doesn't make sense then why I like Slayer so much but not Exodus, but such is life. tired Sometimes you need the right situation to get into something. And Slayer is a special band to me. Right place, right time. Seeing them live so many times helps, too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 6:32 pm

I listen to more Exodus than Slayer nowadays, so Exodus gets the nod.

Twenty years ago I prob would have voted for Slayer though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 6:57 pm

Slayer has my vote. The first 5 releases were amazing. I hated and still Hate Seasons in the Abyss, but loved Divine Intervention. But I don't care for anything after.

As for Exodus, they have hit and miss albums as well.Again I loved their earlier releases (Bonded, Pleasures, Impact,) but hated Force of Habit. Then they came back from that and made some killer albums with Zetro and Rob and then seemed to fall backwards again. The latest album is not very good except a few songs which kick my head in.

Nut overall, Slayer has been the hugest influence on me and my band.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 10:24 pm

Lari wrote:
Slayer's been an important band for me, so it's them even without ever deep diving into Exodus. I've only ever tried Shovel Headed Killing Machine and Bonded By Blood. I've held Tempo of the Damned CD in my hands a few times, and I feel like I must have sampled it, but ultimately I always find something more interesting to get into. Bonded By Blood is actually damn good though, but just not my thing. I just can't get through their later albums.

I don't like the barking vocals. I guess it doesn't make sense then why I like Slayer so much but not Exodus, but such is life. tired Sometimes you need the right situation to get into something. And Slayer is a special band to me. Right place, right time. Seeing them live so many times helps, too.

I highly recommend you get Tempo Of The Damned. The following track is alone worth paying for the entire album:

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 10:33 pm

Sleigh Her

Personal Preference #12 Th?id=OIP.Mf8_L3e01kyREFChW4XK_gEsDG&w=299&h=198&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.25&pid=1
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 10:48 pm

I’m surprised the results are quite this one-sided.

That being said, I’m going with Slayer, as well. Exodus has their moments, but nothing they’ve done can equal Slayer from Show No Mercy through Seasons.

Personal Preference #12 Slayer-slayer-fan
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 12:32 am

Lurideath wrote:
Slayer has my vote. The first 5 releases were amazing. I hated and still Hate Seasons in the Abyss, but loved Divine Intervention. But I don't care for anything after.

As for Exodus, they have hit and miss albums as well.Again I loved their earlier releases (Bonded, Pleasures, Impact,) but hated Force of Habit. Then they came back from that and made some killer albums with Zetro and Rob and then seemed to fall backwards again. The latest album is not very good except a few songs which kick my head in.

Nut overall, Slayer has been the hugest influence on me and my band.

Wow… really?
Why do you hate Seasons in the Abyss? It’s like South of Heaven, but faster overall. War Ensemble, Spirit in Black, Hollowed Point and Born of Fire are all prime Slayer! Maybe it’s because it was their most successful era. Some people hate when a band leaves the underground and makes videos for MTV. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 1:55 am

South Of Heaven is my favorite Slayer album, and one of the best thrash metal platters ever released.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 7:09 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I listen to more Exodus than Slayer nowadays, so Exodus gets the nod.

Twenty years ago I prob would have voted for Slayer though.

Whoa. Ditto. Literally my experience.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 8:43 am

Gilbert wrote:
South Of Heaven is my favorite Slayer album, and one of the best thrash metal platters ever released.

I’d put that one as my second favorite.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 12:03 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I’d put that one as my second favorite.

Same for me. It’s my second choice.

Seasons has it all. It’s like a combination of everything they did before together on one album. Fast aggressive songs, moody slower stuff… plus the production is great. Lombardo really shines on it! Definitely my favorite drumming of his career. Tons of fast little fills and cymbal work, great double bass and a perfectly tuned snare sound. I also think Kerry and Jeff did a good job smoothing out their solos with more effort and attention to structure.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 9:49 pm

Exodus for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personal Preference #12   Personal Preference #12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Personal Preference #12
Page 1 of 1