Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Glower
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Empty
PostSubject: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 12:11 pm

Hell has apparently frozen over... the long OOP Canuck cult classic Metal Inquisition by the almighty PILEDRIVER will be reissued on vinyl, CD, and cassette by Shadow King Records in early 2022.

Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Pile10

Pre-order info: https://shadowkingdomrecords.bandcamp.com/track/metal-inquisition

I have been making do with a crappy CD-R copy of Full Moon Productions' bootleg of this album since the early '00s so I say bring it on! Hopefully a re-ish of Piledriver's Stay Ugly won't be far behind!

For those who are unfamiliar with Piledriver, here's the full album on YouTube. It's totally cheese-tastic, over the top, kill-all-posers thrash/speed metal at its most '80s.

"WE SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH... BY GUILLOTIIIIINE!"

(shameless plug) I reviewed this album as part of my "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" blog series ages ago...

https://spinditty.com/genres/Forgotten-Hard-Rock-Albums-Piledriver-METAL-INQUISITION-1985

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2021 4:02 pm

That was a fun review to read !
You won’t believe this, but I actually listened to that CONVICT album 2 days ago.
I was 21 or so….when I noticed the record at my hideaway record store….
I put it back. Sex with Satan ? No way.
In 1986 I did buy the “ Stay Ugly “ record.
If I was younger, 14, maybe I would have liked them more. Lol.
I might pick this up. A lot of water under the bridge now !
Sex with Satan no longer surprised me for a song title.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 1:42 am

I've already pre-ordered!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 4:03 am

Music is very good, but with such lyrics and song titles, it's gonna be hard for me to order this one online and pass the censorship control.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 5:53 am

Reminds me of Anvil. Good music, but corny image and lyrics. Canada has a great sense of humor! Jeff Waters knows all about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 6:10 am

Piledriver also had the part of Dynamo in the Running Man.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 9:32 am

That's him? Seriously? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 12:42 pm

That band has always appeared in my circle of friends back in the day, but they never really clicked with me. Listening to it now on the above YouTube video, and it's not bad. Might pick it up if the price is right.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 1:41 pm

007 wrote:

No, I was joking. Piledriver’s outfit reminded me of Dynamo. lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
007 wrote:

No, I was joking. Piledriver’s outfit reminded me of Dynamo. lol!

lol!

Ok
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 7:45 pm

The frontman has passed.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/piledriver-frontman-gord-kirchin-dead-at-60
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 7:45 pm

Sorry Freddy…

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 10:05 pm

Yeah, this sucks. Fuck cancer.

Anyone who wants to pick up this reissue but hasn't yet, you might wanna do so quick before there's a run on 'em, cuz nothing sells records like a dead rock star, after all...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2022 10:54 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!   Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piledriver - METAL INQUISITION reissue!
Page 1 of 1