Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row hires yet another new singer.

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
nevermore
Fat Freddy
James B.
Troublezone
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17147

Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Empty
PostSubject: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 4:25 am

This is ridiculous!

I thought they were happy with ZP.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/skid-row-parts-ways-with-singer-zp-theart-replaces-him-with-ex-h-e-a-t-frontman-erik-gronwall/
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12760

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 8:43 am

Big Giant Yawn

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 9:12 am

(shrug) Good luck to him, I guess. I've only cared for one post-Bach Skid Row album, and it's the one everybody else hates (Revolutions Per Minute) so I got no skin in the game Very Happy

I'm unfamiliar with new guy or his previous band H.E.A.T., but it was funny to see the reaction to this news yesterday across the various 80s rock/metal FB groups I'm in... it was either "Who the f**k is this guy?" or "OMG THIS IS AWESOME NEWS HOLY SH*T HE'S PERFECT" ... very little in between Laughing very hard

Can't wait for the inevitable comment from Sebastian Bach on this matter. Given the track record they've had with singers over the past few years, I bet he'll tell the new guy to keep his suitcase packed Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 10:03 am

This band has not interested me in a very long time. Everything with Bach on it is all I need from them.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26439

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 10:21 am

I'm starting to think Sebastian wasn't the only one in Skid Row is hard to work with.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9938

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 11:02 am

Last Skid Row i got was Subhuman Race. Lost all track of the band after.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 1:54 pm

^^^what he said
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 3:23 am

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 11:22 am

New song is solid. Who cares how many singers they've had? Before the new guy, they had three singers in 28 years, and Solinger was in the band for 16 of them. Everyone is acting like these dudes are running through singers left and right.

Bottom line is, at this point the singer is an employee of the three original members, who undoubtedly take the lion's share of loot. Probably not the most well-playing job around, so they're not going to last.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 12:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
New song is solid. Who cares how many singers they've had? Before the new guy, they had three singers in 28 years, and Solinger was in the band for 16 of them. Everyone is acting like these dudes are running through singers left and right.

Bottom line is, at this point the singer is an employee of the three original members, who undoubtedly take the lion's share of loot. Probably not the most well-playing job around, so they're not going to last.

Lots of people care. When people start to get used to someone, he’s suddenly gone. Solinger aside… Tony Harnell was gone almost as fast as he was announced. But ZP was around for a while and was supposed to do that last EP thing. Who knows how long this guy will be around. Inconsistency is no good (hired gun, or not).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 12:50 pm

I can’t stand Sebastian as a person (based on his online outbursts and polarizing libtard opinions). But I also can’t deny he was and will always be the voice of Skid Row.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2022 3:47 pm

ERIK GRÖNWALL has a killer voice. Check out links.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 10:40 pm

People are hating on this dude, but he can fucking sing his ass off. Best they've had since Bach, and better than Bach is now.

assault_attack likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2022 11:20 pm

Eyesore wrote:
People are hating on this dude, but he can fucking sing his ass off. Best they've had since Bach, and better than Bach is now.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2022 5:25 pm

He's getting better at these songs now that he's settling in.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12760

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2024 11:18 am

Twas down in the Basin watching a friend's  band play at some Ranch Hand Dive and during their break between sets, I saw a clip of Lizzy Hale fronting Skid Row on one of the Big Screens at The Bar.   She was dressed like a Skanky Ho, nothing wrong with that if pulled off right Laughing very hard  Not too familiar with most of what she does, I do dig on the tune she sang on the the last TSO album... "Forget About The Blame (Moon Version)" and recently turned on to a tune she did with The Native Howl called "Mercy".

Here are the 3 tunes referenced in the above verbiage Skid Row hires yet another new singer. 25679

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7629

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2024 8:12 pm

James B. wrote:
       Twas down in the Basin watching a friend's  band play at some Ranch Hand Dive and during their break between sets, I saw a clip of Lizzy Hale fronting Skid Row on one of the Big Screens at The Bar.   She was dressed like a Skanky Ho, nothing wrong with that if pulled off right Laughing very hard  Not too familiar with most of what she does, I do dig on the tune she sang on the the last TSO album... "Forget About The Blame (Moon Version)" and recently turned on to a tune she did with The Native Howl called "Mercy".

Here are the 3 tunes referenced in the above verbiage Skid Row hires yet another new singer. 25679

She's covered Slave To The Grind with Halestorm:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row hires yet another new singer.   Skid Row hires yet another new singer. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row hires yet another new singer.
Page 1 of 1