Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Helloween - June 2021

Go down 
+9
Devin's Child
Eyesore
nevermore
Lari
exact33
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 2:12 pm

Jeeez I ordered so many additions but I have yet to receive one of them HAHA!
I've had to listen on the amazon app. It's pretty good. Better than I was expecting still a bit busy. A lot of stuff going on. Some songs aren't clicking with me but for the most part its cool. My next podcast will be about the new album. Everyones been listening to it for a while now so hopefully by the time we record the show I'll be able to make up my mind.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 4:30 pm

I'm still absorbing the album but it is growing on me.

It wasn't an instant grand slam, there's so much going on that it's taking a while to "gel."

On my first couple of listens, I thought it seemed unnecessarily busy, like they were trying a little too hard ("Dudes, we gotta cram in as much awesomeness as possible in order to make this the "ULTIMATE" Helloween album!").  That feeling started to wear off after a couple of listens though.

Right now, the only out and out clunker in my book is "Down in the Dumps."

Also, I am probably the only one who wishes they gave more vocals to Kai Hansen and less to Kiske Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Still waiting for my copy. Gonna take a couple of weeks to reach my part of the world.

I agree that the album is not easy to digest. Mass Pollution is my favourite track so far.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 7:21 am

I think every song is a winner here. It's at least as good as the previous two, and better than 7 Sinners.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 2:36 am

Here is my 2 cents. This is the best Helloween album since The Dark Ride and the most enjoyable album since 7 Sinners. For some reason it seems a lot of people don't like that one I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've have enjoyed every Helloween album to some degree (even Chameleon has some decent songs) but the previous two are not my favorites. Straight Out Of Hell took forever for me to get into but while it did grow on me it still isn't one of my favorites. My God Given Right was much better but still has some songs that don't click with me (to be honest the album could have used some trimming.

This one is stellar and is not only is my most anticipated album of the year, as of right now it's tied with the new Wig Wam as my favorite album so far in 2021!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 3:14 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Here is my 2 cents. This is the best Helloween album since The Dark Ride and the most enjoyable album since 7 Sinners. For some reason it seems a lot of people don't like that one I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've have enjoyed every Helloween album to some degree (even Chameleon has some decent songs) but the previous two are not my favorites. Straight Out Of Hell took forever for me to get into but while it did grow on me it still isn't one of my favorites. My God Given Right was much better but still has some songs that don't click with me (to be honest the album could have used some trimming.

This one is stellar and is not only is my most anticipated album of the year, as of right now it's tied with the new Wig Wam as my favorite album so far in 2021!

Accept would be my N.1 for 2021 so far. But of course there is still a long way to go. Many anticipated releases, like KK’s Priest, Rage and Udo, only to name a few.

Hope to receive the new Helloween by the end of next week.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 3:22 am

Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Accept would be my N.1 for 2021 so far. But of course there is still a long way to go. Many anticipated releases, like KK’s Priest, Rage and Udo, only to name a few.

Hope to receive the new Helloween by the end of next week.

The new Accept is quite good too, they have never let me down. Will probably get the new Rage and KK's Priest, pretty much through with Udo.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2021 5:33 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I've have enjoyed every Helloween album to some degree (even Chameleon has some decent songs) but the previous two are not my favorites. 
Straight out of Hell and My God-given Right are both really really good. I think the new one has succeeded in reaching their level. 

I'm not a big fan of the Dark Ride (The Departed is awesome though) or 7 Sinners, but Gambling with the Devil is an amazing masterpiece. Nothing since has managed to come close. It's my second favourite Deris-era Helloween album only after Better than Raw.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2021 12:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2021 9:39 am

Still waiting on my copy. I ordered the 2CD version with four bonus tracks. =(
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 10:13 am

I have spent some time with the new album lately and it is definitely a grower. The songs handled by different vocalists feels a little strange but I like it.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 10:46 am

I haven't heard many samples. Just a couple of songs.

Don't want to spoil the surprise.

Only thing that's making me worried is my feeling that it's too crowded.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I haven't heard many samples. Just a couple of songs.

Don't want to spoil the surprise.

Only thing that's making me worried is my feeling that it's too crowded.

totally see the crowded thing. I like it but it took some repeated listens to 'get it'

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 1:55 pm

Finally got around to reviewing the new Helloween on my blog:

https://discover.hubpages.com/entertainment/Helloween-Self-Titled-Album

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 2:55 pm

I still haven't gotten my copy. Looks like I bought a copy from an Amazon seller in "Florida" that just happens to ship from Sweden. Laughing Probably a fucking bootleg.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 3:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Finally got around to reviewing the new Helloween on my blog:

https://discover.hubpages.com/entertainment/Helloween-Self-Titled-Album

Excellent review. Still waiting for my copy in the mail headbanger.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 9:39 am

Anyone do the "crack the code" thing?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 9:57 am

Eyesore wrote:
I was going to on my vacation, but never got the chance to. If I get an hour of me-time and some motivation (and a beer), I'll definitely do it.

New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Hlw110

New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Hlw210
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 10:20 am

Lari wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I was going to on my vacation, but never got the chance to. If I get an hour of me-time and some motivation (and a beer), I'll definitely do it.

New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Hlw110

New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Hlw210

I may do it with my kid. He loves stuff like that. I just read it was for a chance to win concert tickets. Was hoping it was for a bonus track or something. Haha.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 11:28 am

Gambling with the Devil had a riddle too, and the answer was GOD (?)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 2:39 pm

Lari wrote:

Oh yeah? Shows you how much I look at booklets these days—I had no idea. lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 2:45 pm

My copy arrived in the mail earlier this afternoon. Will pick it up tomorrow.

It probably won't be an easy first spin.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Lari wrote:

These days, right. When you think about it, it was 14 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2021 8:17 pm

Lari wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Lari wrote:

These days, right. When you think about it, it was 14 years ago.

Downer, bro. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 am

Spinned a few tracks on my way back home. There is a lot going on musically.

I guess this album will require various listens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Helloween - June 2021   New Helloween - June 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Helloween - June 2021
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next