Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"

Go down 
+15
Wrecked Neck
manny
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
mikeinfla
Gilbert
nevermore
mc666
Troublezone
exact33
glassprison
Glower
James B.
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2020 9:33 pm

Glad Brian’s back and Cliff and Phil as well.! That short clip sounds good to me. Glad they’re still putting out music.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9933

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 12:06 am

Just heard the new song streaming live.

Very good. Classic material:

mikeinfla and Glower like this post

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 8:54 am

I love AC/DC and I liked 'Rock or Bust' like, FF, I am a fanboy, welcome back lads
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17144

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 2:27 pm

The new tune sounds great! It’s almost like Malcolm is still there. It’s a “chill” song with their trademark sound that rocks along nicely! A comforting reminder of better times. I will definitely buy the new album. We gotta support the last of the true rock greats while we still got them. As long as Angus and Brian are up for it, we could get a few more albums! But they can’t wait as long as before, because they are not getting any younger. The good news is that their style is less demanding than a metal band. Just like ZZ Top.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 8:38 pm

I like the opening riff a lot. Brian sounds great too.

I have to say though, it sounds like with the lyrics they are willfully trolling that bot-authored AC/DC song that was put up a while back, haha:

"A shot in the dark beats a walk in the park"...???

Anyway, here is something I've never seen before: the special edition of the album comes in a case that has a built-in, USB-rechargeable speaker. It plays the single "Shot in the Dark." I'm not sure why anyone would want to play it via the case when they have the actual album at hand, but all *power* to them.

New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 PowerUp
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 1:15 am

Sounds good to me, I'm buying it. Hopefully they'll get to tour, because as I sit here wearing my Van Halen shirt, it reminds me that just like Van Halen, I've only seen AC/DC once, and that is damn shame.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3218

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 8:11 am

Of course I’ll buy it and crank it.
I really liked all their last releases.
They always have 3 killer tunes on each CD - in my book.
They’ll always be, and remain, one of my top 10 favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 11:21 am

A band with a signature sound. They never drifted away from it nor tried experimenting.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 2:33 pm

Totally jazzed for this album and would have made up for this crap year had it not been for Ed's death. The song is great, and I'm baffled at how Brian managed to get his voice in gear. Sure, they sound a little less energetic than previous albums, but only a little, and who can blame them? It's a Christmas miracle these guys have any energy in their reserve to do this! Really grateful for the band's return and this album's release. It's a big middle finger to this mess of a year. If there is going to be some final-curtain apocalypse, let's hope it waits until we get to rock out to this album in whole.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2020 10:51 am

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 8:03 pm

How much is their label paying to promote this album???

Geez, MLB Network has been using Shot In The Dark as theme music behind post-season highlights and now tonight the pre-game show for Houston/Tampa opened with "Shot In The Dark".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 11:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
How much is their label paying to promote this album???

Geez, MLB Network has been using Shot In The Dark as theme music behind post-season highlights and now tonight the pre-game show for Houston/Tampa opened with "Shot In The Dark".

Same thing that happened with Rock or Bust.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 8:15 am

Nice cover and the vocals are spot on... To the point I think it's lip synced. If it's true vocals the guy is good.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17144

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 6:49 am

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 10:55 am

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37846

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 11:13 am

^^ I tried to watch the live "world premiere" of the video on YouTube this AM - it started with a 10 or 15 minute Zoom chat between Angus, Brian, Cliff, and video director David Mallet, which was cool (Mallet has been directing videos for them since "Who Made Who," so there were a lot of fun stories), but when the vid was supposed to start playing... nothing happened, haha. I sat there looking at a screen that said "Video premiering NOW" for about 10 or 15 minutes before I gave up and clicked off, haha.

The hazards of live internet broadcasting, I guess...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 11:08 am

New track "Realize" hit YouTube yesterday. Me likee.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 12:37 pm

Just heard it. I am definitely ordering the album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 12:51 pm

The album comes out tomorrow; I am gonna try to pick it up over the weekend.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Weird that they released a clip of another song, then didn't release the full version of that one.

Really dig these two new songs, though, and that clip.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7627

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 8:56 am

The band put every song from the album on YouTube. It's on Spotify as well, of course.

My verdict: easily the best thing they've done since Razor's Edge. It's the AC/DC equivalent of Judas Priest's Firepower - old band gets it together and finally releases a focused, heavy album without being boring.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 9:25 am

I am going to buy this sometime tomorrow
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 9:32 am

Yeah I like all the tracks I've heard off of this album. I'm such a sucker for the AC/DC formula it doesn't matter how many times they replicate it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 9:41 am

Should be getting mine in the mail today. Only listened to one song, waiting till I get the album before I hear any other songs.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23269

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 4:41 pm

I am very surprised at how good the songs are tbh. Not a lot of expectations for this but it is very enjoyable.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"   New AC/DC album -- "Power Up" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New AC/DC album -- "Power Up"
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next