Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.

Go down 
+8
assault_attack
James B.
Lari
Gilbert
Glower
nevermore
Required Fields
Troublezone
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Empty
PostSubject: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 2:49 pm

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lee-kerslake-ozzy-osbourne-uriah-heep-drummer-dead-obit-1063468/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Strange thing...

Last night at about 11pm, the song Diary of a Madman came on the radio. Lee died at 3:30am... it’s almost like a premonition.

He was a great drummer. And his drum intro to Over the Mountain is iconic! There is supposed to be a documentary film and a final album coming too.

R.I.P.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 2:57 pm

I chose to use RS magazine’s article because Blabbermouth are disrespectful. They used a recent picture of him old and sick.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28368

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 3:07 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 3:48 pm

Total bummer seeing this news. I agree with you TZ about his drum intro to Over The Mountain. His work with Uriah Heep was great too! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 4:27 pm

When I was in high school....I visited this drummer’s parents house....
Heard he was great.....walked In and saw his set......shocked....his parents had money !
And he had the best guitarist in the school....they were a team......
I was in a band and getting attention.....but I knew this guys were more serious ...looked it.
Anyways.....he got behind the kit....and pounded out the intro of Over The Mountain....
The guitarist Suddenly played the song....I was astounded.
That was thee closest Ozzy moment I ever had. The sheer power of those two kids.
Of course I saw Ozzy in concert plenty of times....but them...jamming it out....forget it.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2020 5:10 pm

R.I.P...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6305

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 3:16 am

I'm a big fan of Heep. Kerslake put out some sweet albums. Thank you for the music and see you on the other side, Lee!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 7:15 am

Always wondered what the first 3 Heep albums would have sounded with him playing?
Above average drummer, wasn't flashy, but somewhat unique... Bummer regarding his bad trip in that one "band"

RIP

Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 1:00 pm

I put on Uriah Heep live 73'
Last night.. love that record.

1st time I heard him play, Heep for that matter too! Was ON that lp back in the day.

Powerfull drummer, Compact hard hitting style.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 pm

assault_attack wrote:

1st time I heard him play, Heep for that matter too! Was ON that lp back in the day.

R.I.P.

I was playing that one too last night. I also played my favorite album he's on, Diary of a Madman. I was thinking last night about what a distinct style he had in Uriah Heep. Then when he joined Ozzy, it's almost like a completely different drummer. I know the music has a lot to do with where the drums are going, but to my ears it was,a dramatic change.

Such a talent, RIP...

assault_attack likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
assault_attack wrote:

R.I.P.

I was playing that one too last night. I also played my favorite album he's on, Diary of a Madman. I was thinking last night about what a distinct style he had in Uriah Heep. Then when he joined Ozzy, it's almost like a completely different drummer. I know the music has a lot to do with where the drums are going, but to my ears it was,a dramatic change.

Such a talent, RIP...

When you play with a guy like Randy Rhoads, I’m sure you gotta step it up and bring your “A-game”. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 10:06 am

Huge loss to me, as he was such an early influence of mine. To many others as well undoubtedly.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2020 2:16 pm

mc666 wrote:
Huge loss to me, as he was such an early influence of mine. To many others as well undoubtedly.  

Are you a drummer?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2020 11:27 am

Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Are you a drummer?

I've played since I was 15.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2020 2:52 pm

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Are you a drummer?

All these years here and I had no idea... lol

I’m assuming you prefer playing death metal. But you obviously mentioned Lee as an influence, so you probably also jam on classic metal.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 11:34 am

Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Are you a drummer?

I’m assuming you prefer playing death metal. But you obviously mentioned Lee as an influence, so you probably also jam on classic metal.

The last band I played with back in 16 were very much early Omen clones. I've played all sorts of stuff over the years.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2020 11:45 pm

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Are you a drummer?

The last band I played with back in 16 were very much early Omen clones. I've played all sorts of stuff over the years.

Any particular bands you played with, that i could check on YouTube?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Yeah this was a big loss this year as well. Diary of a Madman was an early album for me--my first vinyl in fact. His drumming on those albums is as unique as Randy's guitars.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.    Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lee Kerslake (Uriah Heep & Ozzy Osbourne) R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1