Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uriah Heep

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

Uriah Heep Empty
PostSubject: Uriah Heep   Uriah Heep Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 7:32 pm

I just pre-ordered this. It's out June 6th.

http://uberrock.co.uk/news-updates/94-april-news-updates/11141-uriah-heep-to-release-new-album-outsider-in-june-artwork-and-tracklisting-revealed.html

Uriah Heep Uriah-heep-outsider-1

“We are very proud of our history,” says founder/guitarist Mick Box, “but it is equally important to keep producing new material. This new album, ‘Outsider’, is very much a rock album in true 'Heep' style. It shows that we still have the same passion and energy for our music that we have always had.”

Here's a review, and it's very promising:
http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2014/04/uriah-heep-outsider-cd-review/

I'm psyched about this because the last two Heep albums since their comeback have been amazing. Awake the Sleeper in 2008, and Into the Wild in 2011. The last one was especially good with monster hard rock/melodic metal tracks like Southern Star, T-Bird Angel, Nail on the Head and the title track Into the Wild.

I know the Heep gets a lot of respect everywhere, but their new form is still underrated because their new albums still go under the radar a lot. This band is NOT just Demons & Wizards, they have really come into their own with modern production and sound. Check them out. Good shit.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Uriah Heep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep   Uriah Heep Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 7:42 pm

I think all of their albums with David Byron are absolutely brilliant. I've tried to get into the releases with Bernie Shaw, but they just don't appeal to me that much. It's great to see that they are still so active though.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

Uriah Heep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep   Uriah Heep Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:25 pm

I got this today - no, I didn't play it yet. I'm saving it for when the Kings beat the Rangers, so at least I'll have some consolation ready.

I've put Wake the Sleeper and Into the Wild in rotation though. Played them in the car, work, home - skipped some tracks, but Overload, Book of Lies, Shadow, Into the Wild, T-Bird Angel, Southern Star etc are all still AWESOME songs! This band should be in great form.

I'm kind of getting hyped up for this new one, and I'm sad to see The Heep doesn't get that much attention among heavy metal fans anymore.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

Uriah Heep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep   Uriah Heep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 9:28 am

I've ordered it and cannot wait for it to arrive...The Heep has been on a big time roll, so I'm sure Outsider will not disappoint.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Uriah Heep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep   Uriah Heep Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 9:51 am

I love Uriah Heep! Though I missed them live a decade ago. We dont get that kinda chances here in India.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

Uriah Heep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep   Uriah Heep Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 1:55 pm

Speaking of this band I was going through a huge pile of used cds in a record store later this afternoon when I came across one of their live albums: live in europe 1979.

Nice album. Anybody owns it?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Uriah Heep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep   Uriah Heep Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 5:01 pm

I listened to it once when I was really hooked on the band. I remember thinking classic songs like "July Morning" sounded a little flat with that lineup, but I don't think I gave it a fair chance. It's definitely better than Live In Moscow from 1988.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uriah Heep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep   Uriah Heep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uriah Heep
Page 1 of 1