Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.

Go down 
+7
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
mikeinfla
Troublezone
Big Rich
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Empty
PostSubject: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 10:42 am

Last year 48 percent of Americans polled said they saw sports as a good thing for America.

This year that number dropped to 30 percent. Only 30 percent of Americans look at sports favorably right now. Not good for the arrogant athletes.

The same thing happened during the fall of Rome with the Gladiators and Chariot Racers.

Hard working people are sick of these entitled shitbags.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 11:20 am

People watch sports to escape real life, and now they are making it political and actually telling you how to think and feel. It’s horrible!
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 11:23 am

Troublezone wrote:
People watch sports to escape real life, and now they are making it political and actually telling you how to think and feel. It’s horrible!

Yep. And lots of these athletes preaching have committed violent crimes and served almostn mo jail or prison time.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 11:57 am

Matters not to me, I enjoyed a full day of college football yesterday!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 1:25 pm

I still watch baseball, but I stopped watching football years,ago. It had nothing to do with politics at the time, and all to do with the constant rule changes and the wimpified way they have become. If I were still a football fan, I would definitely not be watching it after the shit they've done this year. Sorry, there is one national anthem, this so-called black one they are doing now, is bullshit and does nothing more than make things worse. Keep your political bullshit out of it and play ball.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39463

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Doesn't make a difference to me. I'll still watch, no matter how much they politicize it. In fact, I'm watching the Browns and Ravens right now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Never been much of a sports guy so not much has changed for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I still watch baseball, but I stopped watching football years,ago. It had nothing to do with politics at the time, and all to do with the constant rule changes and the wimpified way they have become. If I were still a football fan, I would definitely not be watching it after the shit they've done this year. Sorry, there is one national anthem, this so-called black one they are doing now, is bullshit and does nothing more than make things worse. Keep your political bullshit out of it and play ball.

I stopped watching the NFL 3 years ago because it's obviously riggwd.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 3:35 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

I don't see the disdain for college athletes that I do for pros.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 5:57 pm

The NFL is definitely rigged. It’s the new pro wrestling.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 6:48 pm

I agree with the keep politics out of sports idea.  In fact I'd be fine with NO national anthems at all since actually playing them at sporting events is in itself a political statement.  I too watch sports to try to take a brief break from all the crap that's going on in life but ESPECIALLY NOW.  I sure don't need my nose rubbed in it at every damn NFL game.  And I actually only watched the NFL casually after the Stan Kroenke debacle anyway and now I really don't give a crap.  Although I AM currently watching the Bucs/Saints game because I still hate Tom Brady and Gronkowski even though they're not Patriots anymore.  So basically I'm watching an NFL game for entirely negative reasons. 

And there's not really anything else on right now.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 6:51 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

That's a good point.  I actually now have the same attitude toward football that I've always had for basketball; skip the pros and watch the college games.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 3:05 pm

Last night's Sunday night NFL game was down 28 percent in the ratings.

And so it begins. They're going to shoot the golden goose right between the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 12:44 am

Big Rich wrote:

And so it begins. They're going to shoot the golden goose right between the eyes.

28% is a good start, but I wish it were a lot lower. Football needs to quit trying to be more than it is. It's a game, not a political statement. Quit trying to use it for that. And for those that say freedom of speech blah blah blah, that's bullshit too. If I went to work and started protesting, or speaking my mind about everything I believe in, I would be fired. I see no difference with the NFL. Actually there is a difference. The difference is, the NFL has the ability to reach millions with their racist bullshit they are spewing, and I can only affect the morons I work with. Screw them, if anyone wants some Paker gear let me know.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 10:20 am

Plus the NFL has become wussified. Go watch highlights/games from the 70's when they still hit hard and tackled. Now it is just scripted entertainment and fixed.

I agree with WreckedNeck a out the racist B/S in the NFL. They preach unity but having a separate anthem is about as divisive as you can get.

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 am

James, you're right on about it being wussified. That's the first thibg that started turning me off to the sport.

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Big Rich wrote:

28% is a good start, but I wish it were a lot lower. Football needs to quit trying to be more than it is. It's a game, not a political statement. Quit trying to use it for that. And for those that say freedom of speech blah blah blah, that's bullshit too. If I went to work and started protesting, or speaking my mind about everything I believe in, I would be fired. I see no difference with the NFL. Actually there is a difference. The difference is, the NFL has the ability to reach millions with their racist bullshit they are spewing, and I can only affect the morons I work with. Screw them, if anyone wants some Paker gear let me know.

The NFL was down 19 percent overall for opening weekend. That's pretty bad considering Tom Brady game got good ratings and remember wokesters will tune in for the first couple weeks to see the virtue signalling. They will eventually stop watching. Im goong to predict the NFL with be down about 30 percent when the season is over.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 6:29 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
And for those that say freedom of speech blah blah blah, that's bullshit too. If I went to work and started protesting, or speaking my mind about everything I believe in, I would be fired. I see no difference with the NFL.

I've been saying exactly this ever since this protesting at NFL games stuff got started.  I said it when Kapernick started his kneeling for the anthem.  Sure it may be every American's right to protest and talk about what they believe in but it's also the employer's right to fire your ass if doing so is causing a disruption in the workplace or costing the company revenue.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 6:37 pm

As I said, I haven't watched an NFL game since Kroenke bolted with the Rams anyway but I was watching NFL Red Zone.  For some reason my cable company removed RZ from the sports tier and now wants to charge extra for it.  Yeah, right.  Good luck with that marketing strategy especially now.  

Once baseball season is over I'll probably still have a game on while I clean the house every Sunday afternoon but I sure as hell won't be watching it; it's just background noise.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 6:41 pm

I don’t consider BLM an “equality” movement. It is actually putting blacks on a pedestal above others. A black national anthem? Really?? What about the native Americans? What they are doing is dividing people more than ever.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 12:30 am

James B. wrote:
Plus the NFL has become wussified. Go watch highlights/games from the 70's when they still hit hard and tackled. Now it is just scripted entertainment and fixed.

I agree with WreckedNeck a out the racist B/S in the NFL.  They preach unity but having a separate anthem is about as divisive as you can get.
The wussification of the NFL is why I stopped watching. The protesting is just an insurance that I'll never go back. And that black national anthem crap will definitely make it so I never go back.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2020 7:10 pm

I've cared less and less about football since I moved to Australia 11 years ago. I can't remember the last time I watched a game... Quite frankly, the sport is filled with prima donna's, soft cocks, and pussies. They go on injured reserve for chipping a nail these days.

I haven't watched, or cared, about baseball since their strike back in the early 90's. I lost all interest in watching a sport where millionaires were crying about not making ENOUGH. Not to mention the contracts in baseball have gotten completely out of control.

To me, it is a DAMNING indictment of our society that these ignorant jackasses like Antonio Brown, Wayne Rooney, Todd Carney, etc make millions of dollars. Take away the athletic talent, and you're left with someone you wouldn't hire to collect and return shopping trolleys. Rolling Eyes

Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2020 7:35 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I've cared less and less about football since I moved to Australia 11 years ago.  I can't remember the last time I watched a game...  Quite frankly, the sport is filled with prima donna's, soft cocks, and pussies.  They go on injured reserve for chipping a nail these days.

I haven't watched, or cared, about baseball since their strike back in the early 90's.  I lost all interest in watching a sport where millionaires were crying about not making ENOUGH.  Not to mention the contracts in baseball have gotten completely out of control.

To me, it is a DAMNING indictment of our society that these ignorant jackasses like Antonio Brown, Wayne Rooney, Todd Carney, etc make millions of dollars.  Take away the athletic talent, and you're left with someone you wouldn't hire to collect and return shopping trolleys. Rolling Eyes

Some of these idiots can't even read or write. But some how make it through high school and college.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Ratings are still down all over the place.

The NHL and NBA finals were down 61 and 49 percent respectively.

Pretty much every NFL game is down millions upon millions of viewers.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2020 7:08 pm

I'm actually enjoying watching the NBA ratings go down the crapper. The league has decided to wank off China, and can't bring themselves to condemn that nightmare of a government. Trying to compare ANY nation, like the U.S. or Britain or Australia, to a MURDEROUS communist regime, with a straight face, is pathetic.

I hope they take their league, and fuck off to their communist masters.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2020 1:34 pm

Yet a lot of these same people view Trump in a very favorable light, sadly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.   A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new gallup says sports are looked at less favorably to Americans than news anchors.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next