Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012

Go down 
+8
MetalGuy71
snooloui
exact33
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:54 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/175406

Quote :
RATT vocalist Stephen Pearcy and lead guitarist Warren De Martini recently teamed up with Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHERS/ex-NIRVANA) to work on a new project of Dave’s. Details to be revealed soon.

Stephen and Warren have started writing for the next Ratt record, due out via RoadRunner Records sometime this year.

Pearcy states: “We found a great place and didn’t waste any time getting into it. We wanted to create the same vibe we had writing the first record, OOTC (Out Of The Cellar). We have a couple cassette recorders, a couple acoustic guitars to make the writing process as simple as possible. We’ll do the pro tools when ready, then it’s into the studio, work with the band and push record."

I'm glad these guys sound like they're on the same page again and will continue to make new music together. Everything seemed to go off the rails the instant the last album came out and I was like "WTF are you guys doing ?!?"

The Grohl thing could be VERY cool. Cobain must be rolling over in his grave. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

Quote :
RATT vocalist Stephen Pearcy and lead guitarist Warren De Martini recently teamed up with Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHERS/ex-NIRVANA) to work on a new project of Dave’s. Details to be revealed soon.

Stephen and Warren have started writing for the next Ratt record, due out via RoadRunner Records sometime this year.

Pearcy states: “We found a great place and didn’t waste any time getting into it. We wanted to create the same vibe we had writing the first record, OOTC (Out Of The Cellar). We have a couple cassette recorders, a couple acoustic guitars to make the writing process as simple as possible. We’ll do the pro tools when ready, then it’s into the studio, work with the band and push record."

I'm glad these guys sound like they're on the same page again and will continue to make new music together. Everything seemed to go off the rails the instant the last album came out and I was like "WTF are you guys doing ?!?"

The Grohl thing could be VERY cool. Cobain must be rolling over in his grave. Laughing very hard

Wait, a guy from a grunge band working with a couple metal dudes?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Maybe Grohl's working on a PROBOT sequel where he'll work with hair metal dudes instead of thrash metal dudes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:22 pm

I think this is the biggest twist of irony ever ... Gorhl however has very eclectic tastes and does not shy away from his love and interest for all things heavy metal.

So it doesn't surprise me in that regard yet still, he was part of the progenitors that helped bring down this genre... oh the irony
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

Quote :

It amazes me at just how Grohl has expanded his musical resume. Itll be interesting and to think that all the focus in Nirvana was centered around Kurt not taking anything away from Cobain but Grohl is awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 pm

I am looking forward to new Ratt material. I like Infestation a lot...

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm hoping for an even more old school sound - if it is anything like Out of the Cellar / Invasion Of Your Privacy then it will be really good and I believe they can head in that direction given that Infestation already had very strong shades of 80s RATT.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Dont expect Ratt, its GROHLS Project not Pearcy's While I liked Them Crooked Vultures I hope this is better....
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Addy wrote:
Dont expect Ratt, its GROHLS Project not Pearcy's While I liked Them Crooked Vultures I hope this is better....

What else would you expect from:

Quote :
the next Ratt record, due out via RoadRunner Records sometime this year.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:23 pm

snooloui wrote:
Addy wrote:

What else would you expect from:

Quote :
the next Ratt record, due out via RoadRunner Records sometime this year.

lol!

Sorry its been a long ass day and I totally missed the part bout the new Ratt album

dont mind me......

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:22 am

Very interesting. Grohl with Warren I mean. I can take or leave Pearcy's involvement.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:52 am

Quote :
Cobain must be rolling over in his grave.

Actually if the book Heavier Than Heaven is to be believed Cobain was a big metal fan (which became his big dirty secret later). Though he always said otherwise his first concert was Def Leppard. And seeing DL in 84/85 probably also meant you were a Ratt fan too.

It's also funny to think what Grohl has made of himself after Nirvana considering Cobain thought he was useless and wanted to fire him. Personally I wouldn't mind Grohl reuniting with Scream for an album.

I really dug Infestation a lot. Broke it out again recently and it's held up even better than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :

Actually if the book Heavier Than Heaven is to be believed Cobain was a big metal fan (which became his big dirty secret later). Though he always said otherwise his first concert was Def Leppard. And seeing DL in 84/85 probably also meant you were a Ratt fan too.

It's also funny to think what Grohl has made of himself after Nirvana considering Cobain thought he was useless and wanted to fire him. Personally I wouldn't mind Grohl reuniting with Scream for an album.

I really dug Infestation a lot. Broke it out again recently and it's held up even better than I thought.

Well, on record, he's rolling over in his grave. Wink I've actually heard that a lot, that a lot of the '90s rockers loved '80s metal but they weren't "allowed" to say so and were encouraged by labels & management to knock it and disassociate themselves from it instead. Basically, as anti-establishment as the alternative bands tried to appear, it still was a manufactured image in many regards and they were doing what their bosses told them to do just as the previous rock/metal scene had done. I know a lot of the grunge bands were huge KISS fans.

I liked Infestation but it wasn't as good as I thought it could've been. Too heavy and not melodic enough for me but it's probably time I give it another spin.

I think Grohl is one of the coolest guys in rock these days. He can pretty much do it all and works with and is a fan of basically all subgenres.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
jstate wrote:
Quote :

Well, on record, he's rolling over in his grave. Wink I've actually heard that a lot, that a lot of the '90s rockers loved '80s metal but they weren't "allowed" to say so and were encouraged by labels & management to knock it and disassociate themselves from it instead. Basically, as anti-establishment as the alternative bands tried to appear, it still was a manufactured image in many regards and they were doing what their bosses told them to do just as the previous rock/metal scene had done. I know a lot of the grunge bands were huge KISS fans.

I liked Infestation but it wasn't as good as I thought it could've been. Too heavy and not melodic enough for me but it's probably time I give it another spin.

I think Grohl is one of the coolest guys in rock these days. He can pretty much do it all and works with and is a fan of basically all subgenres.

Just look at the line up on the KISS my A$$ album, it's mostly 90's rockers. I think that is a valid point. At this point, Dave Grohl is big enough that he can do what he wants on the side as long as FF keeps delivering big selling albums
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Grohl has been labeled as the Nicest Guy in Rock

One of my favorite Grohl moments on TV is when Tom Petty is on SNL and hes on the drums and they are doing Honey Bee he made that song KICK ass

Actually Cobain's first concert was Sammy Hagar from what I read while Ive not read Heavier Than Heaven since it first came out Its a good read Everett True's "Nirvana" was also a informative read too
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:28 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :

Actually, when the Probot thing first happened, I remember Grohl in an interview saying the other members of Nirvana made fun of his love of metal.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:42 am

That's unfortunate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:50 am

DallasBlack wrote:
jstate wrote:
Quote :

Actually, when the Probot thing first happened, I remember Grohl in an interview saying the other members of Nirvana made fun of his love of metal.

I remember reading something to that effect too, but I know Kurt was a fan of Sabbath
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:29 am

Quote :
I remember reading something to that effect too, but I know Kurt was a fan of Sabbath

Grohl has also said that on his first tour with Nirvana (pre-Nevermind), Kurt and Chris only had one tape in the van. One side was all Celtic Frost songs and the other side was all Smithereens stuff. He sez "That's pretty much the Nirvana sound in a nutshell"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:33 am

We all analyze this stuff way too much...haha!! lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Cobian was a KISS fan too:

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:37 pm

This is getting more intriguing...

Quote :
SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor is the latest rocker to collaborate with Dave Grohl on an as-yet-undisclosed new project. Taylor tweeted his excitement last night, writing, "HUGE checks off the Bucket List today — did a song with Dave Grohl and Butch Vig. Do the words 'holy sh*t' say enough about it?!?"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:20 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Cobian was a KISS fan too:

[youtube][/youtube]

I would love to get that KISS Tribute with that song on it. I have it on one of my Nirvana bootlegs but would love the actual album it was on
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is getting more intriguing...

Quote :
SLIPKNOT and STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor is the latest rocker to collaborate with Dave Grohl on an as-yet-undisclosed new project. Taylor tweeted his excitement last night, writing, "HUGE checks off the Bucket List today — did a song with Dave Grohl and Butch Vig. Do the words 'holy sh*t' say enough about it?!?"

Im also a big fan of Butch Vig
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
We all analyze this stuff way too much...haha!! lol!

Yes we sure do dont we Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012   Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Grohl working with Stephen Pearcy & De Martini on new project, new Ratt music in 2012
Page 1 of 1