Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Villagers of Ioannina City

Go down 
+2
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wrecked Neck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Villagers of Ioannina City Empty
PostSubject: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2020 6:37 pm

So a friend of mine on fb showed me this band today. I debated on which section to put them in, because they are more hard rock than metal I guess. Found the CD in the metal section at the store today so I put them in our metal section.

Anyways, I'm really liking these guys. They are from Greece, and you can definitely hear the accent in his singing. Guess they have two albums out, but so far o only found their second one called Age of Aquarius. Kinda reminds me of a mixture between New Opeth, and Pink Floyd, with a touch of maybe Witchcraft.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 2:33 am

No love for these guys huh? Thought they would appeal t o some of ya anyways. I love this album and probably have played it at least twenty times in the two weeks I've owned it. cool
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 3:13 am

Just by your description Wrecky. Ain't my thang and won't click. Man -
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 am

Sounds a touch of Danzig. Gothic and romantic.
And believe it or not I can hear some Zep and Sabbath.
Singer - Bono and Morrison mix.
That’s pretty good in my book. Just awoke and am listening away Smile
Sounds also like Greece is starting to happen.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 11:51 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Just by your description Wrecky.  Ain't my thang and won't click.  Man -
Your loss sir lol I get it though, but my description might have changed since first posting this. Click it, listen to the first ten minutes. If you don't like those first ten minutes, then you won't like the band. Take a chance lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 pm

I listened to a few minutes this morning. It sounds pretty cool to my ears.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 1:45 pm

Wow. Bought CD. Glad I did.
This was perfect at 4:30 am in the July morning commute.
Very pagan. But oh so ethereal - as dawn was breaking.
A touch spooky. Singer is great.
Reminds me of Idle Hands singer.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9873

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 11:24 pm

Greece is very famous for its Epic metal music.

Here's a sample from one of the Epic metal Greek bands I discovered on my last business trip there:

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 12:02 am

Glower wrote:

Wow. Bought CD. Glad I did.
This was perfect at 4:30 am in the July morning commute.
Very pagan. But oh so ethereal - as dawn was breaking.
A touch spooky. Singer is great.
Reminds me of Idle Hands singer.

That is Idle Hands lol or did you post that video for comparison?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 12:53 am

Out of comparison probably.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 11:53 am

Gilbert wrote:
Out of comparison probably.
Threw me off, because I started listening to it without really looking at it, and thought what the hell song is this, it's not on my CD lol Then I saw who it was so bad to ask.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 7:05 pm

Apparently I missed this thread the first time around.

So I've listened to about 10 minutes of the clip posted at the top and I would agree with the Pink Floyd/Opeth hybrid comparison.

I'm actually kinda diggin' this sound but how much of the "growling/screaming" is there on the album? I can tolerate some here and there but not much more than that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 3:10 am

tohostudios wrote:
Apparently I missed this thread the first time around.

So I've listened to about 10 minutes of the clip posted at the top and I would agree with the Pink Floyd/Opeth hybrid comparison.

I'm actually kinda diggin' this sound but how much of the "growling/screaming" is there on the album?  I can tolerate some here and there but not much more than that.
No growling or screaming at all, that's why I said new Opeth lol
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Listened all the way through. Assuming this is mindbending stuff with the hydroponics that are available now days. Metal? No man. No.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 12:38 am

Just saw they posted a live show on their YouTube channel a few months ago. Two hours long, so they must have just played both of their albums and called it a show. Watching it now for the first time, and also bought the iTunes digital download. Doesn't look like you can get a physical copy yet. Loving this show though, hope they tour America one day.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 1:44 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Just saw they posted a live show on their YouTube channel a few months ago. Two hours long, so they must have just played both of their albums and called it a show. Watching it now for the first time, and also bought the iTunes digital download. Doesn't look like you can get a physical copy yet. Loving this show though, hope they tour America one day.

If you want to check out some Greek metal, i strongly recommend you check out No Remorse Records.

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 2:21 am

Gilbert wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

If you want to check out some Greek metal, i strongly recommend you check out No Remorse Records.
I don't like these guys because they are Greek, I like them because they are good. But, I am always looking for new stuff, so I will definitely check out No Remorse Records. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 2:42 am

So that No Remorse Records, which bands are Greek? Seems like they have a mix of everything there.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 3:24 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I don't like these guys because they are Greek, I like them because they are good. But, I am always looking for new stuff, so I will definitely check out No Remorse Records. headbanger

I suggested Greek bands because Greece has got some excellent metal.

No Remorse's website is very good. You can find some rare jewels in there.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 3:47 am

Yeah I know, been hearing a lot about Greek music these days. I plan checking out more from no remorse, soon as I get moved into my own place. Looked briefly and already saw,some stuff I want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Villagers of Ioannina City   Villagers of Ioannina City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Villagers of Ioannina City
Page 1 of 1