Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

City Boy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

City Boy Empty
PostSubject: City Boy   City Boy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm

I just got the NEH new releases email for the week and was startled to see the long lost classic "The Day The Earth Caught Fire" by English band City Boy. So I was going to resurrect a thread about them and lo and behold, I didn't find one.

I have all the CB albums on CD and paid a fortune to acquire them. For those unfamiliar with the band, I'd describe them as a quirkier version of Queen. Lots of vocal harmonies but somewhat proggier than Queen. Most City Boy fans believe this one is their best effort.

Anybody else like this band?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

City Boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: City Boy   City Boy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:47 pm

Obviously that album has been way up on my want list. I'm glad I didn't win the recent Ebay auction now, even at $25 dollars for an "acceptible" condition, I would have been taking a hit there.
I'm really looking forward to this re-issue. They aren't all that heavy a band, but metal fans might be familiar with Lion's Share covering "The Day The Earth Caught Fire".
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

City Boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: City Boy   City Boy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 7:23 pm

Yeah they aren't really heavy but they are "cerebral". Their lyrics frequently crack me up - especially on the S/T.

I figured you'd be familiar with this band SAHB. I think only us old farts ever heard them back in the day.

I'd encourage everyone to check out the samples posted at NEH. Especially the title track.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

City Boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: City Boy   City Boy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:46 pm

I am only familiar with them becasue of Jorn covering "The Day The Earth Caught Fire". I know a couple of fans though, and they are really die hards.

City Boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: City Boy   City Boy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 12:58 pm

I heard JORN and LION'S SHARE both cover "The Day The Earth Caught Fire" and loved it...I wouldn't mind hearing the original...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

City Boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: City Boy   City Boy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I heard JORN and LION'S SHARE both cover "The Day The Earth Caught Fire" and loved it...I wouldn't mind hearing the original...

You' ve got mail

City Boy Empty
PostSubject: Re: City Boy   City Boy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City Boy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: