Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So it's 31st December 1989

Go down 
+4
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wrecked Neck
Glower
Lari
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

So it's 31st December 1989 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it's 31st December 1989   So it's 31st December 1989 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 4:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
1989. My senior year of high school. These would have been my Top 10 cassettes to have in my locker and in my Walkman, in no particular order.

Toys in the Attic - Aerosmith
State of Euphoria - Anthrax
Get Your Wings - Aerosmith
So Far, So Good, So What - Megadeth
Long Cold Winter - Cinderella
Zoso - Led Zeppelin
Appetite for Destruction - GnR
Among the Living - Anthrax
Peace Sells - Megadeth
...And Justice for All - Metallica

Great list! We would’ve been best friends in high school! cheers

Yep. Pretty much every band on that list was a recommendation from high school buddies. I've mentioned before, since I had no older siblings to guide me in the ways of cool music, I relied on the guys I hung with to say "Hey man, check these guys out".

And I don't know if it was a Philly thing, but we had no problem playing something from Cinderella and following it up with an Anthrax song. Hair bands and thrash bands meshed pretty well in the crowd I hung with. There was no big separation between the styles. It was all "metal" to us.

It was a little different at my school. There were some metal heads that were you’re true arcane steel guys that thought the hair bands were gay, then others like me that liked it all.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

So it's 31st December 1989 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So it's 31st December 1989   So it's 31st December 1989 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2020 5:14 pm

I preferred the hair stuff. But I'm a bit younger, and hair metal stayed relevant a little longer in Finland.
Back to top Go down

So it's 31st December 1989
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2