Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?

Go down 
+5
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Lari
Hadley
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Empty
PostSubject: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 1:07 pm

The album with "Stars" on it. According to NLTM, it was only released on cd in Japan. Have there ever been any plans to reissue it, or would paying all of the artists involved make it cost-prohibitive?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Pretty sure the Japan CD is the only pressing.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 1:23 pm

Supposedly Wendy Dio was going to have Hear N Aid reissued but I don't think that ever came about.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Lari wrote:
Pretty sure the Japan CD is the only pressing.

Yup, the only CD version on Discogs is from Japan, circa 1994

https://www.discogs.com/Hear-n-Aid-Hear-n-Aid-An-All-Star-Album-For-Famine-Relief/release/3491215

Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? R-3491215-1467957768-7242.jpeg

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 3:33 pm

I own a cover version of the song Stars on one of Powergod's tribute albums.

Very good but doesn't beat the original.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 3:53 pm

It would be pretty cool if it was reissued on cd.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 4:18 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I own a cover version of the song Stars on one of Powergod's tribute albums.

Very good but doesn't beat the original.
Yeah, I have all Powergod albums. Good band. Especially all the albums with the Winters Bane vocalist. 80's speed metal brought to the 2000's. So heavy.

The cover CDs are especially cool because they cover songs nobody else really does.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2020 7:36 pm

007 wrote:
Supposedly Wendy Dio was going to have Hear N Aid reissued but I don't think that ever came about.

I remember reading something about that a few years back; I hope she does. I have the full length on vinyl and have the 45 as well as the cassette, so a CD would make the hat trick complete. I posit thought that it's probably a nightmare due to all the different musicians and labels to get a re release out there.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 9:03 am

I have the Japanese CD of this.  Get on my level, nerds! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 9:48 am

the sentinel wrote:
007 wrote:

I remember reading something about that a few years back; I hope she does. I have the full length on vinyl and have the 45 as well as the cassette, so a CD would make the hat trick complete. I posit thought that it's probably a nightmare due to all the different musicians and labels to get a re release out there.

Here's the article with Wendy Dio from 2016 saying "it probably won't happen until 2018"...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/reissue-of-eighties-metal-all-star-project-hear-n-aid-unlikely-to-arrive-before-2018/

...so here we are in 2020. Don't hold your breath. And wear a mask when you do exhale.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 9:50 am

Witchfinder wrote:

I can't afford Japanese imports anymore. I'm holding out for the Russians to bootleg it. lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 10:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I can't afford Japanese imports anymore. I'm holding out for the Russians to bootleg it.  lol!

Good plan!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2020 8:43 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2020 1:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I can't afford Japanese imports anymore. I'm holding out for the Russians to bootleg it.  lol!

I had never been exposed to Russian bootlegs until i picked up Pantera's first four studio albums on eBay, a few months back.

I thought i was going to be receiving some ugly CD-R recordings. But boy was i wrong! The cds look and sound legit and i didn't see any issue putting them on my shelves with the rest of the band's discography.

Even the cd itself looks genuine, not your average CD-R, and has a serial number.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?   Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was "Hear N Aid" ever released to cd?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: