Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HEAR 'N' AID

Go down 
+9
mlotek
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
martinsane
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
jstate
brokentulsa
13 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 2:41 pm

So is there a re-release of this album coming?  Seems like I read that Wendy Dio said there was but I haven't heard anything in awhile..

HEAR 'N' AID 6145TBABuIL._SL500_SY300_
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 pm

I really hope so. It's a top five on the want list. At one point I had the 7" of Stars but it ended up getting warped into oblivion when I left it in my parents attic while I was at college. One of the dumber mistakes I ever made. Second only to leaving my magazine collection in their basement which then got destroyed by flooding.

I could be wrong and have no idea of the particulars but it would seem like a charity project like this would not encounter the usual problems of a re-release.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:28 pm

It's supposed to be re-released, but I don't think a date has ever been set. I got the Japanese Import on CD years ago and I also have the Stars single and the album on vinyl. The vinyl versions are usually pretty easy to find, but the CD is super expensive now.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:40 pm

I would love to see this re-released. I still have the old 45 RPM single from back in the day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Yes I'd like to get this on cd. I hope it comes soon.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 pm

This and Briar are on my way up want list...

I still have the cassette and the almighty VHS, but as stated the CD is a pricey lil bugger...

Last edited by martinsane on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm only familair with the 'Stars' single. Is there anything else worthwhile on the rest of the album?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:02 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm only familair with the 'Stars' single. Is there anything else worthwhile on the rest of the album?

Tracklist of Stars compilation album[edit]

No. Title Writer(s) Original artist
1. "Stars" Dio, V. Campbell, Bain Hear 'n Aid
2. "Up to the Limit (live)" Hoffmann, Kaufmann, Baltes, Fischer, Dirkschneider, Deaffy Accept
3. "On the Road (live)" Burston, Kilmister, P. Campbell, Gill Motörhead
4. "Distant Early Warning (live)" Lifeson, Lee, Peart Rush
5. "Heaven's on Fire (live)" Stanley, Child Kiss
6. "Can You See Me" Hendrix The Jimi Hendrix Experience
7. "Hungry for Heaven (live)" Dio, Bain Dio
8. "Go for the Throat" Meniketti, Alves, Kennemore, Haze Y&T
9. "The Zoo (live)" Schenker, Meine Scorpions
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:28 pm

^^ That's pretty much why I bought the 45 of "Stars" back then, and not the whole album. I didn't need a bunch of random live stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ That's pretty much why I bought the 45 of "Stars" back then, and not the whole album. I didn't need a bunch of random live stuff.

Yea, I could probably live without that too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Just think what it might have been if all the participants had new exclusive tracks on the comp instead of the live stuff. THAT would have been awesome.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 10:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yea, I could probably live without that too.

I thought that was better than if all the bands just contributing studio album versions, that you already always heard anytime of the day on the radio or on the metal hour.
I was spoiled and heard all of the live tracks, and taped them off of the radio, so never felt the need to buy it.
The album was very much everywhere for at least a couple months : Hard rock radio stations, the music video on TV, and interviews /ad's in rock magazines, and every record store.

When there are compilation albums like that, even live ones, if the magazine advertisements for it don't show a glimpse of the inside sleeve with photos, lyrics, credit/info, you know anything BUT a plain paper or plastic sleeve, it would make me not care as much;
It would result in me taping off the radio, or buying a cheap used cassette instead (Or maybe "ordering" from Columbia Records & Tapes Club"   Razz )
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:32 am

Uncle Sax has both the Stars 45 and the Hear n Aid LP still sealed..... for sale.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:21 am

I have this on vinyl and I am sure the reason has not been re-issued on CD is because of legalities with the different labels and bands.

Hendrix estate is now run by his family which was not at that time, most of the bands on this comp, aside from a few of monster acts are all independent labels and doubt many of them own their own masters.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 9:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

But now that you are a hard core collector, you'll pick it up eventually if it ever gets released on CD - just like most of us here will....
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Wasnt the Y&T song previously unreleased? I still dont think the Y&T song made it to any album of theirs (studio or compilation).
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Hadley wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Wasnt the  Y&T song previously unreleased? I still dont think the Y&T song made it to any album of theirs (studio or compilation).

Go for the Throat, which later was added to the comp 'Ultimate Collection'
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:54 am

I really hope this gets re-issued on cd!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:58 pm

manny wrote:
Hadley wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Wasnt the  Y&T song previously unreleased? I still dont think the Y&T song made it to any album of theirs (studio or compilation).

Go for the Throat, which later was added to the comp 'Ultimate Collection'

It was on Open Fire (live version) and now I see that the studio version is on the re-iss of In Rock We Trust. From what I was able to read on line it was a b-side and was never officially released in studio form on an album apparently only a single or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HEAR 'N' AID Empty
PostSubject: Re: HEAR 'N' AID   HEAR 'N' AID Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HEAR 'N' AID
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: