Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
caniplaywithmadness?
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Required Fields
krokus
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 9:50 am

From a recent interview...

The Classic Metal Show: You are obviously out on tour right now with ANOTHER ANIMAL. Is this your warmup for taking the gig in ANTHRAX?

Crane: "Ha! These are my first interviews I've ever, ever done. I did one before this one. The guy before said there's this thing called Wikipedia out there that says that I'm the ANTHRAX singer."

The Classic Metal Show: It was out there on (the internet) that you did have the gig, then you didn't have the gig, then Corey Taylor had the gig. So we're just curious.

Crane: "Well, I'll tell you. I'm in a band with Scott Ian called HOSSIE DC, which is a tribute to AC/DC's Bon Scott era, but we dress up like Hassitic Jews. So they might have gotten that mixed up. We play in New York about two times a year. Scott's one of my closest friends, but I think I would know if I was in the band. I can categorically say that, as of yet, I am not in ANTHRAX."

The Classic Metal Show: Would you consider being in ANTHRAX?

Crane: "I don't think so. I think I've got my band, for now. I think it's my destination."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 pm

I think Whitfield Crane would be an excellent choice. I love his voice and always enjoyed Ugly Kid Joe quite a bit, and thought he was killer when I saw him with Life of Agony. He probably would have lasted longer in LOA but I think a lot of people have trouble getting over him being that Everything about You guy, which is a real shame.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 5:04 pm

if glen tipton gives his approval thats good enough for me even if i have never heard of the guy. i would maube not get a new anthrax album they do not interest me as much as other bands from the big four
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 6:44 pm

firestar wrote:
I think Whitfield Crane would be an excellent choice. I love his voice and always enjoyed Ugly Kid Joe quite a bit, and thought he was killer when I saw him with Life of Agony. He probably would have lasted longer in LOA but I think a lot of people have trouble getting over him being that Everything about You guy, which is a real shame.
Exactly, UKJs choice for a first single worked commercially, but it's been a stigma ever since. What other hit did they have, "Cat's In The Cradle?" Throw on "Goddamn Devil" and ask people who it is. They'll have no idea, and they won't believe you when you tell them it's UKJ. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

The Classic Metal Show: Would you consider being in ANTHRAX?

Crane: "I don't think so. I think I've got my band, for now. I think it's my destination."

Oh, pleeeeeze, Whit. If Anthrax gave you a call, I bet you'd jump on that opportunity
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:10 am

spectrefate wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
The chances of Neil Turbin returning are about as likely as Uwe Boll winning a Best Director Oscar.

Bloodrayne sucks. sick

Bloodrayne 2 sucks worse! sick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:44 am

TheGooch wrote:
if glen tipton gives his approval thats good enough for me even if i have never heard of the guy.

Whit Crane sang on a track on Glenn Tipton's solo album (BAPTIZM OF FIRE) back in '97... I believe the song is called "Voodoo Brother." Damn good song. I remember wishing that Glenn had asked Whit to sing on the REST of the album as well, cuz Glenn himself did the bulk of the lead vocals on that one and he can't sing his way out of a paper bag!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:45 am

gLEN Tipton sang on a solo album? i think i might pass on that one!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:49 am

TheGooch wrote:
gLEN Tipton sang on a solo album? i think i might pass on that one!

Yea, he released 2 solo albums actually... BAPTIZM OF FIRE came out in '97 and I can't remember the name of the second one (it just came out three or four years ago) for the life of me. Musically BAPTIZM is killer (of course) but whoever told him that he should sing the lead vocals on it should be shot. I'm sure if he had asked around, he could've had a dozen vocalists from different bands willing to do a guest shot on his record and it would've sounded much better.

After hearing BAPTIZM I never bothered with the second album...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:51 am

i am sure the music would be awesome seeing as the guy makes up one half of what is probably one of the best guitar teams ever - Downing and Tipton
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 9:54 am

TheGooch wrote:
i am sure the music would be awesome seeing as the guy makes up one half of what is probably one of the best guitar teams ever - Downing and Tipton

Oh yea, like I said, the music shreds, but Glen's vocals are a bit tough to get through.
He has lots of guest musicians on the album (Billy Sheehan, Robert Trujillo, etc., etc.) so I don't understand why he didn't put out a call to some guest vocalists as well.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:01 am

ah rob t on the bass he is a very good musician
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:07 am

TheGooch wrote:
ah rob t on the bass he is a very good musician

Yea, he is a killer bassist.

(We keep getting farther and farther off topic here but what the hell...)
I saw Rob T. live when he was in Suicidal Tendencies years ago, on their LIGHTS, CAMERA, REVOLUTION tour (which was '89 or '90)... funny, if someone had told me on that night "Y'know, he's gonna be in Metallica someday" I would've thought they were outta their minds... Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 10:23 am

Quote :
)... funny, if someone had told me on that night "Y'know, he's gonna be in Metallica someday" I would've thought they were outta their minds... Smile

Oh yea, sure. And the bass player in White Lion will be in Megadeth too. Keep dreaming, pal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2