Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX

Go down 
+9
Troublezone
caniplaywithmadness?
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Required Fields
krokus
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Empty
PostSubject: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 3:55 pm

"People don't realize that Wit is a total metal freak. He can sing almost every Priest song."
- Glenn Tipton, 1997

He has the light-hearted side you need to sing some of their goofy/rap lyrics and the melodic singing chops I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:01 pm

Whitfield Crane sounds good to me.

To be honest I won't buy another Anthrax record without Joey Belladonna. Actually, even with Joey, I'm not sure I'd buy another Anthrax record. They are still good, their music just hasn't appealed to me since the Persistance of Time record.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:03 pm

My vote would go to Whit too. I always did like Ugly Kid Joe. They were heavier than people gave them credit for (most only know their hit single "I Hate Everything About You") but anyone who's heard their 1995 album MENACE TO SOBRIETY knows that Whit can get HEAVY when he wants to!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:43 pm

Of the 3 names that were being tossed around awhile ago (Crane, Bice or Taylor), I voted for Whit as well. I can't say that I was a big fan of UKJ, but I think he's got a decent set of pipes. And as ToB stated, he seems to have a light-heartedness to him. I wonder why they didn't go with him?

Rumor is that they are trying to get Joey back, but I haven't heard anything recently and I've read that Joey's doing some solo touring.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:47 pm

No, but i dont like that UGLY KID JOE guy. Okay, he have a sence of humor like ANTHRAX with Belladonna but i dont think he is right for the band. They should get the first ANTRAX singer NEIL TURBIN back. He have still a great voice.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:49 pm

The chances of Neil Turbin returning are about as likely as Uwe Boll winning a Best Director Oscar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 4:50 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The chances of Neil Turbin returning are about as likely as Uwe Boll winning a Best Director Oscar.

Bloodrayne sucks. sick
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 6:13 pm

He would defiinatly be an intresting choice. I love Ugly Kid Joe (America's Least Wanted is one of my favorites of all time) and enjoy Whit's voice a lot. How he would sound with Anthrax? Well him and John Bush did a cool cover of Priest's Burnin' Up with the Doom Squad so who knows?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 6:26 pm

Is there a chance he could sing for them?

Whitfield is one of my favorite vocalists! Totally underrated. I've always been a big Ugly Kid Joe fan (yes, they're way cooler than "Everything About You," and not nearly as goofy), but I wasn't blown away by Whit until I saw him sing with Life Of Agony. I think Keith Caputo—Life Of Agony's original and current singer—is amazing, and I scoffed at the idea of Whit singing for them. Until I saw them live. He blew me away that night, and showed far more versatility and power than he ever did in Ugly Kid Joe.

So yeah, big fan, and he would definitely be capable of pulling off even the old Anthrax songs. He can wail!

Here's some good vocal showcases:

UGLY KID JOE - TOMORROW'S WORLD
MEDICATION - INSIDE
ANOTHER ANIMAL - BROKEN AGAIN
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 7:06 pm

I could see it - a much better fit than the other candidates mentioned
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 8:29 pm

whitfield crane gets my vote. if corey slipknot guy get the job, i officially give up on anthrax
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 9:26 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
whitfield crane gets my vote. if corey slipknot guy get the job, i officially give up on anthrax
Corey Taylor is an outstanding vocalist, bro. Either one would be killer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 pm

It doesn't really matter anymore. They blew it when they ditched Belladonna the first time and ruined the sound they were known for. They should only continue with Belladonna or quit.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:26 pm

Any other ideas of guys who might be a good fit?

I still vote that Mark Osgueda (DEATH ANGEL) should get an audition too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:32 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

He could work i guess 'cause he has a similar voice and he knows how to do the nonserious stuff (Bored).
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:35 pm

troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

He could work i guess 'cause he has a similar voice and he knows how to do the nonserious stuff (Bored).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Plus he can let loose with some high screams every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 10:49 pm

If it was the early stuff i would recommend Eric AK but i think he would look out of place on song's like "Indians". Another choice is Russ Anderson. It's hard to think of a guy in the Thrash field that fits their sound.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:43 am

the Slipknot guy is officially out of it. too much on his plate already i guess.

either way, i want nothing to do with these guys anymore. i'll wait for the next solo Belladonna album & Armored Saint to do another one.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:06 am

mc666 wrote:
either way, i want nothing to do with these guys anymore. i'll wait for the next solo Belladonna album & Armored Saint to do another one.

Agreed, gimme some new Armored Saint! I never thought Bush was a good fit in Anthrax anyway. I always preferred him in the Saint.

Playing "Delirious Nomad" right now in fact 🤘
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:20 am

I think it'd be great if Anthrax actually did some work.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 7:06 pm

troublezone wrote:
If it was the early stuff i would recommend Eric AK but i think he would look out of place on song's like "Indians". Another choice is Russ Anderson. It's hard to think of a guy in the Thrash field that fits their sound.
]

Yeah, I think Russ Anderson would be a cool choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:01 pm

No way! Russ belongs in Forbidden,screw Anthrax.Gary Holt should've given Russ an audition for Exodus a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 8:51 pm

IronAge wrote:
No way! Russ belongs in Forbidden,screw Anthrax.Gary Holt should've given Russ an audition for Exodus a few years ago.

Blitz should do both Overkill and Exodus! That would be killer.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 12:06 am

troublezone wrote:

Those are interesting suggestions. Not sure either one of those guys would want to commit to real touring though, they'd probably just wanna play festivals and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Playing "Delirious Nomad" right now in fact 🤘

Great album ! (my personal fave of theirs) I like the idea of Whitfield Crane.He has a great voice and I think he could handle the job easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX   I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think it'd be great if Whitfield Crane joined ANTHRAX
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next