Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item

Go down 
+5
manny
Troublezone
nevermore
scottmitchell74
9 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Empty
PostSubject: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 2:11 pm

I've decided to try my hand at stand up. This is a local bar here in Abilene, TX.

Laugh at me, or with me; you're still laughing.

lol! lol!

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 4:52 pm

Very cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Good job Scott! Was it a free show or did the people pay? It can’t be easy to try a comedy routine in front of strangers!

When you did the joke about big teeth and a long (horse) face, I thought of Sarah Jessica Parker!  Laughing

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Thanks! There was a $5 cover, but I guess that's standard bar stuff.

Yes, it's terrifying!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 7:17 pm

How many people were there? It looks like a very small bar.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 8:26 pm

40,50 maybe?

This is the normal spot. The one other place I did had about 100. That's a good size for me for now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 11:29 pm

Yeah, I was thinking it was about 50.

100 is actually a decent size crowd for a rookie.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 4:41 am

Awesome job dude!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 5:54 am

Haha! Good work!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 9:38 pm

Great job man! No way I could do that, unless I was drunk!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 10:14 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The next date is Feb 7th, we'll see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 10:39 pm

Dude, that was great!

I have to admit I was reluctant to click on that link because I've known you for a long time on message boards and I didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Tonight I finally clicked on the link and I have to tell you in all honesty, YOU WERE FUNNY!

Good job Scott!!

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 10:52 pm

Toho - means a lot!

And, I know exactly what you mean. People we know/like...we don't want to see them embarrassing themselves...so when we read/watch/listen to their content that's a risky thing. Glad you took the risk!

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 3:25 pm

So I haven't done this since June, 2020. C19 stopped everything, then I went through a period of the "blues" so to speak. And I lost momentum.

I'm thinking about firing it back up. Do you musicians have any thoughts about getting back to "gigs" after a long lay off? How do you motivate?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 7:33 pm

Remember Spectrefate?
That guy was the person here that I would’ve thought to be a comedian. That weightlifting picture of you that he wrote in those captions was hilarious! But I guess being funny online is way different than standing in front a bunch of people and delivering your routine successfully.

You don’t have a wisecracking funny type of personality here on the board, so I was kinda surprised when you tried out standup comedy. Totally out of left field! But it was good.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 9:23 pm

Try your material on people while in the check out line. If you can make a stranger laugh, thumbs up! Afterall, you are standing up Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2021 8:26 am

Very cool. Don't know how i missed this video.

Well done.

scottmitchell74 and Glower like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item   My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My attempt at Stand Up Comedy - A Bucket List Item
Page 1 of 1