Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list

Go down 
+6
Witchfinder
ultmetal
glassprison
DallasBlack
Thelemech
Required Fields
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Empty
PostSubject: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 3:02 pm

This morning before work, I bought a ticket to see Judas Priest live in November. Can't wait! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 pm

I use to live in the Maritimes, witch Province are they coming to? Or are you going somewhere to see them. At any rate I wish I was there - enjoy my friend, I bet they put on a great show.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Nova Scotia. What province in the Maritimes did you live in and when?
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 3:34 pm

New Brunswick Fredericton for my childhood and then Moncton for my junior high and high school years.
I moved to Maui Hawaii when I was 18, lived for a year there then came back to Fredericton for a few years then went across Canada a few times before finally settling out here in British Columbia. I have been here for 15 years or so now.
Are you in Nova Scotia?? Beautiful place.

Last edited by Thelemech on Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Yes.

Going by your post, you've at least been there. What parts of Nova Scotia have you visited?
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 4:08 pm

All along the 104 mostly in Antigonish and Truro. When I was younger I had gone to Halifax a few times.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 9:50 pm

I saw them once in 2010 for free when I got Nostradamus. Halford walked around like he could barely move (like my cat is these days) but after a few songs became more lively.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Thelemech wrote:
All along the 104 mostly in Antigonish and Truro. When I was younger I had gone to Halifax a few times.

Halifax is where I'm seeing them.

The only provinces I have been in outside of Nova Scotia are Newfoundland (I was there once) and Ontario (I was there twice, and the first time was when I was three; I only vaguely remember being on the plane on the way up and nothing else at all from the first trip).
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 7:07 am

Awesome! When I saw them a few years ago when they were playing the British Steel album straight through I wasn't particularly blown away by the show, probably because Whitesnake was opening and I was much more interested in them. However, I saw them on the current tour in Chicago a couple months ago and it was amazing. They have a great setlist on this tour and sound amazing. Have a great time!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:12 am

Required Fields wrote:
This morning before work, I bought a ticket to see Judas Priest live in November. Can't wait! headbanger

I've seen them 10x or more. Never disappointed. Saw 'em several times back in the 80's and they were awesome. Even when I saw them with Ripper I wasn't disappointed. He was great and the band was awesome.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:08 pm

I've seen them a couple of times and they are always great. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39507

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 12:10 pm

You know, Priest is one of the huge bands I've never had the privilege to see. I really should try to catch them.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 10:05 pm

I saw them last October and it was awesome! I can't wait to go again. This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list 604261
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:52 am

Did Halford get his hip or back surgery or whatever it was? He was limping around pretty badly the last few years from what I saw.

I saw Priest twice, once with Rob and once with Owens. Both were good, memorable shows. Although I seem to recall the band being a little lackluster during the Ripper years. Like they were just going through the motions. They sounded fine though.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 11:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Did Halford get his hip or back surgery or whatever it was? He was limping around pretty badly the last few years from what I saw.

I saw Priest twice, once with Rob and once with Owens. Both were good, memorable shows. Although I seem to recall the band being a little lackluster during the Ripper years. Like they were just going through the motions. They sounded fine though.

He had back surgery about 2 years ago and is in much better shape on stage.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Good to know. At one point, wasn't he using a cane onstage? Maybe he needs to lose the 75 pound-studded duster and get back to a lightweight vest. This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list 604261

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 12:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Good to know. At one point, wasn't he using a cane onstage? Maybe he needs to lose the 75 pound-studded duster and get back to a lightweight vest.  This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list 604261  

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3167

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 6:35 am

What ????? I thought I saw their final tour - ????
What is this ???? Like KISS - saying final tour ???
Don't get me started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list   This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This fall, I scratch an item off of my metal bucket list
Page 1 of 1