Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 2:51 pm

The Forest (2016)

Natalie Dormer stars as an American woman searching for her twin sister (Dormer in a duel role) who has gone missing in the supposedly haunted Japanese Aokigahara forest, where people go to commit suicide. Accompanied by a fellow american living in Japan (Taylor Kinney) , the 2 soon encounter strange visions and mounting suspicion between them. A rather interesting film that I didn't expect much out of, but I found it pretty good.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2020 6:10 pm

I'm working on a jigsaw puzzle that consists of 50 movie posters of horror/sci fi movies from the 50s.  Working on this has put me in the mood to revisit some of these that I have in my collection.  Today I started this one:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 1:52 pm

In The Tall Grass (2019)

A pregnant woman and her brother, in a cross country trip, have to stop by a field of y'all grass when t the woman gets car sick. They here a bit calling for help because he's lost in the grass and decide to help him. Upon entering, the discover there's more to this field than expected. Pretty good film with a screenplay by Stephen King and Joe Hill.

The Car:Road To Revenge (2019)

Some of you may recall The Car, a 1977 cult film about a driverless demonic car terrorizing an American southwest community. I'm sure all of you know Robocop, a 1987 film about a murdered cop brought back as a nearly unstoppable law enforcing cyborg. Take those 2 films, throw in a pinch of the Road Warrior, put them in a blender and you end up with this movie. Set in the near future, an arrogant unlikable DA prosecutes and executes a member of a cyberpunk gang called the Night and ends up with a microchip loaded with incriminating evidence. Other members of the gang arrive and torture and murder the DA, throwing him out of his penthouse window, landing on his state of the art, fancy car. The Car is imbued with his spirit and returns for revenge against the gang. An over worked cop and the DA's wannabe girlfriend (whom she really didn't like) get caught in the middle when they think the girl has the microchip. Lots of action and gore (mostly cgi) and neat casting of Ronny Cox ( who was in both The Car and Robocop)in a cameo. Silly? Yes. Entertaining? Yes
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 8:12 pm

I finished my 50s horror movie puzzle today and then went to The Vault to see how many of these I actually have.  Turns out I have A LOT.

The ones from the puzzle that I have:

Beast from 20,000 Fathoms
The Brain From Planet Arous
The Amazing Colossal Man
The Monster That Challenged The World
The Blob
The Brain That Would Not Die
The Mole People
The Screaming Skull
The Spider
Earth vs The Flying Saucers
Attack Of The Crab Monsters
THEM
The Thing (the original)
Mothra
Reptilicus
War Of The Worlds

I've seen probably half a dozen more of the movies in this puzzle; there are only a few I've never heard of or seen (like "The Black Pit Of Dr. M" and "The Brain Eaters") but considering how old these things are even I am surprised at how many I have not only seen but even OWN!

EDIT: here's a pic of the finished puzzle:

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Dscn0810

Last edited by tohostudios on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 5:55 pm

My son and I are finished with the Star Wars movies including Solo and Rogue One, although we have yet to see ROS. Funnily enough we were going to attend a matinee showing this weekend, but I guess we're gonna have to be happy with home video. At least they released it digitally.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 7:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I finished my 50s horror movie puzzle today and then went to The Vault to see how many of these I actually have.  Turns out I have A LOT.

The Amazing Colossal Man
The Blob
The Mole People
The Screaming Skull
The Spider
THEM
The Thing (the original)
Mothra
Reptilicus
War Of The Worlds

I've seen probably half a dozen more of the movies in this puzzle; there are only a few I've never heard of or seen (like "The Black Pit Of Dr. M" and "The Brain Eaters") but considering how old these things are even I am surprised at how many I have not only seen but even OWN!

That is one cool puzzle.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 8:50 pm

Just finished the first season of Hunters on Amazon Prime. If you like Nazi hunting shows this one is pretty good and full of twists.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 9:03 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

The Amazing Colossal Man
The Blob
The Mole People
The Screaming Skull
The Spider
THEM
The Thing (the original)
Mothra
Reptilicus
War Of The Worlds

That is one cool puzzle.

Thanks 007!  That's what I thought too when I saw it.  It's like a slice of my childhood.  For good or bad I saw probably 80% of those films while I was growing up, usually on Saturday afternoon "creature feature" shows on cable.  I swear, seeing "Tarantula" when I was about 7 years old is what gave me major arachniphobia as an adult. 

So of course that was the next film I started after finishing Beast From 20,000 Fathoms.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Eric Carr :Tale Of The Fox
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 9:40 pm

Because RAW is a bullshit program tonight, I finished "Tarantula" and started "Monster On The Campus".

I have a feeling that with all sports on hiatus I'll plow through all these 50s horror and sci-fi movies pretty fast.   Fortunately I have hundreds of titles in my possession and I can always watch stuff on Amazon Prime.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 10:56 pm

Finished "Monster On Campus" which was another movie in that puzzle.  I haven't seen that in years, probably about 40 years.  It's actually not as bad as I remembered.  But the idea of injecting coelacanth blood somehow results in you turning into a Neanderthal actually makes zero sense.  Still in all, it's a rather entertaining flick.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 12:03 am

007 wrote:
The Forest (2016)

Natalie Dormer stars as an American woman searching for her twin sister (Dormer in a duel role) who has gone missing in the supposedly haunted Japanese Aokigahara forest, where people go to commit suicide. Accompanied by a fellow american living in Japan (Taylor Kinney) , the 2 soon encounter strange visions and mounting suspicion between them. A rather interesting film that I didn't expect much out of, but I found it pretty good.

That one fell flat for me. The performances just felt phoned in. I also laughed out loud when the "girl" she tried helping turned into a monster; the movie would have been better served staying on a psychological route.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 6:24 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 8:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:

The Amazing Colossal Man
The Blob
The Mole People
The Screaming Skull
The Spider
THEM
The Thing (the original)
Mothra
Reptilicus
War Of The Worlds

That is badass!!! TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 506406
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 8:20 pm

I am now in Season 2 of the A-Team from the 1980's. "I love it when a plan comes together!"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Started "The Brain From Planet Arous" today; another one from the puzzle.

This thing is hilariously cheesy.

I forgot I even owned this one.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18909

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 2:21 am

Fright Night(2012)-remake of the 80's cult favorite about a high school kid who starts noticing that some of his friends are disappearing one by one and he starts to suspect his new next door neighbor might be behind it and that he also might be a vampire. As far as some of the remakes over the years, this one isn't too bad(I was expecting much worse) as it was fairly entertaining and well made(other than the cheesy CGI that is way over used). I'll give it 2.5 out of 5.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 6:12 am

The Goldbergs
Schooled
Modern Family
American Housewife
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 9:27 am

"Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl" (1982)

The Pythons' 1980 live stage show is captured in a riotous concert film shot at the legendary L.A. venue. Skits include "The Argument Sketch," "Crunchy Frog," "Ministry of Silly Walks," and of course, "The Lumberjack Song." Tons of fun.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Fright Night(2012)-remake of the 80's cult favorite about a high school kid who starts noticing that some of his friends are disappearing one by one and he starts to suspect his new next door neighbor might be behind it and that he also might be a vampire.  As far as some of the remakes over the years, this one isn't too bad(I was expecting much worse) as it was fairly entertaining and well made(other than the cheesy CGI that is way over used).  I'll give it 2.5 out of 5.

Boo!  I loved the original so I never even gave this one a look.  I've seen the original one dozens of times though.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl" (1982)

The Pythons' 1980 live stage show is captured in a riotous concert film shot at the legendary L.A. venue. Skits include "The Argument Sketch," "Crunchy Frog," "Ministry of Silly Walks," and of course, "The Lumberjack Song." Tons of fun.

That's a classic!  It's even got some stuff from their records if I remember right.  Like isn't "Sit On My Face" in that?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 6:57 pm

I finished "Brain From Planet Arous" today. 

The film makes about zero sense but at least it has an original plot.  An alien criminal named Gor escapes from his home planet Arous and comes to earth where two scientists find him in a New Mexico cave.  Somehow Gor can summon intense radiation and he burns one scientist to death while possessing the other one (John Agar who is always great in these cheesy old movies).

And it just gets weirder from there.  Turns out Gor is a criminal on his own planet and is being pursued by another brain name Vol who is a "good guy".  Vol finds the possessed scientist's fiancé and father and tells them the situation and they agree to help him capture Gor.  Part of this plan includes Vol possessing the family dog to keep an eye on Steve. 

Oh, and Gor has to "un-possess" the scientist every 24 hours so his giant, floating brain of a body can "absorb oxygen" and go back to possessing people.  It's at this point that he's most vulnerable at the "fissure of Rolando" in the brain structure.

Got all that?????  Yeah me neither but it's incredibly cheesy fun as Gor can even somehow blow up planes, cities and entire continents with his mental powers.

It's all really stupid and defies any and all sense of logic but it's all as fun and funny as I remembered it from my childhood.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 7:59 pm

What's everyone think of "The Mole People"?

That one was one in the puzzle too and I have it.  I know I've seen parts of it but if I remember correctly I was disappointed because there were no giant monsters in it; I think when I caught it on local cable back when I was about 12 I was really into giant monsters like Godzilla (some things never change).

Since I'm binging cheesy 50s movies should I give this one a shot?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Quote :

That's a classic!  It's even got some stuff from their records if I remember right.  Like isn't "Sit On My Face" in that?

Yep, it's the opening number! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2020 9:52 pm

"Hot Moves" (1985)

Four dorky Southern California teens make a pact that they will all lose their virginity by the end of summer. Hilarity is supposed to ensue.
...as you might expect from such a generic plot and title, this is another low budget, by-the-numbers '80s raunchy sex comedy. It has a few chuckles here and there and features lots of pretty girls in various states of undress, therefore I was entertained.
Actually, the main reason I sat thru this flick was because there are two non-album songs by Raven on the soundtrack ("Hot Moves," which resurfaced on 1999's Raw Tracks compilation, and "Ladykiller," which I'd never heard before tonight)!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next