Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves

Go down 
+6
corplhicks
CrookedCross
nevermore
tohostudios
Sword Of The Heretic
10 posters

Fave tune from Permanent Waves
The Spirit of Radio
Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_lcap36%Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Freewill
Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_lcap27%Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Jacob's Ladder
Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_lcap27%Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Entre Nous
Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_lcap0%Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Different Strings
Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_lcap0%Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Natural Science
Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_lcap9%Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Empty
PostSubject: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Forgive my absence, but I recently canceled my internet and dove into the world of smart phones. Slowly learning how to use one of these things, but I digress.

Freewill gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 8:04 pm

Freewill here too.  Almost went with Spirit of Radio but I think Freewill received less play back in the heyday of FM radio so I chose
"Freewlll instead.   And even though I'm not usually a big lyrics person Freewill contains a classic one for me:

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."

Both are great songs though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 8:13 pm

The Spirit Of Radio for me.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 8:59 pm

Freewill for me too.
Back to top Go down
CrookedCross
Metal novice
Metal novice
CrookedCross

Number of posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 9:02 pm

Hard choice - went with Jacob's Ladder but could have gone with Different Strings, Natural Science...really any song save for Freewill and that's just because I've heard it a million times. Great album, great band and the beginning of the end of my favorite era before the keyboards went front and center for a while.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 9:37 pm

CrookedCross wrote:
Hard choice - went with Jacob's Ladder but could have gone with Different Strings, Natural Science...really any song save for Freewill and that's just because I've heard it a million times. Great album, great band and the beginning of the end of my favorite era before the keyboards went front and center for a while.

Yep!  I hear ya; same for me.  They got way too keyboard-oriented for me after this one (although Moving Pictures which gave me false hope the Rush I loved was back - nope).

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 10:15 pm

So Spirit of Radio was my intro to Rush...I still have the cassette of it taped off the radio the first time I heard it...and it hit my head like a two ton heavy thing, but I wouldn't call it my favorite off this RIDICULOUSLY POWERFUL ALBUM. Reason being it's just a weird song. Pretty great, also; I have no problems with it. It's just gonzo.

No, I have to go with Natural Science. I find it to be one of their most emotional tunes--it has a habit of leaving a few tears in my eyes. And in that song you will hear a good handful of riffs that Dream Theater would tinker with over a decade later.

Hemispheres is a quintessential prog album, and gets better the more I listen to it. Except for Spirit of Radio. Man, great song, but...(whistles while circling ear with index finger)...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 10:51 pm

I will choose free will.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 11:03 pm

Jacob's Ladder, such an amazing song and the time structures are incredible. I love Freewill and Spirit of Radio also, songs that don't get old to me.
I wrote a paper on the song Freewill my Freshmen year in H.S. Teacher was unimpressed.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 11:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I will choose free will.

Nice!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2019 11:36 pm

I'm not as big of a fan of this record. I'll go with "The Spirit of Radio"
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2019 1:47 am

Jacob's ladder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves   Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite song from Rush- Permanent Waves
Page 1 of 1